Sixfields atmosphere (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Interested to get a sense of what the atmosphere was like at sixfields. Was the mood more in support for the team or protest at scrotium?

I am finding not going a bit like giving up smoking. Having to stay away from something you are addicted because you know it is bad for you. Very sad.

bigfatronssba

Much better than the 'Ricoh', more like 'Highfield Road' IMHO!

That must be difficult to judge surely?

Highfield road hadn't had a league crowd that small for nearly 90 years.

OBLONG

Everyone just got behind the team. Was quite quiet to start but picked up as the game got going. Saw one guy with a 'keep Coventy in Coventry' sign around his neck. But yea everyone just supported the players, even when Bristol came back into it. Didn't hear any anti SISU chants. This doesn't mean that people are happy to be watching us in Northampton though or sisu fans. Everyone pissed off. Great performance from the team.

Baginton

The atmosphere was good, small but vocal group, It was good to hear full support for the team, not one player was slagged off, even when they made mistakes, true team support... very refreshing from the Ricoh days, where even the smallest mistake was picked up upon and players slated.

James Smith

I love Atmosphere
[video=youtube;RFPLk5mJ1D4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPLk5mJ1D4[/video][/QUOTE]

coventry&stuff

Was it an anti-sisu atmosphere though or were the fans there supportive of our "owners"?

This. It was lot better than the Ricoh usually was, and I honestly mean that. Everyone was behind the team, no anti-SISU shit going on (apart from the few on the hill), just supporting the lads wearing the shirt. It was refreshing for it to be about the football for once. Even when Bristol pulled it back to 3-3 the fans cheered the lads on... again, very refreshing. Especially after an error mostly in part of Jordan Clarke for the 3rd, no one got on his back or gave him abuse, just very encouraging and vocal support from the crowd. I think Jordan appreciated that alot as he looked to make sure he was last guy off the pitch applauding the fans.

I actually enjoyed the atmosphere a lot. And can see there being a better turn out without a game at the Ricoh.

Nonleagueherewecome

So, it was all worth it, then?

cloughie

This. It was lot better than the Ricoh usually was, and I honestly mean that. Everyone was behind the team, no anti-SISU shit going on (apart from the few on the hill), just supporting the lads wearing the shirt. It was refreshing for it to be about the football for once. Even when Bristol pulled it back to 3-3 the fans cheered the lads on... again, very refreshing. Especially after an error mostly in part of Jordan Clarke for the 3rd, no one got on his back or gave him abuse, just very encouraging and vocal support from the crowd. I think Jordan appreciated that alot as he looked to make sure he was last guy off the pitch applauding the fans.

I actually enjoyed the atmosphere a lot. And can see there being a better turn out without a game at the Ricoh.

no a better turn out on the hill

hutch1972

I can't believe some of these posts about sixfields , how the fuck are we ever going to get home if people going there actually enjoyed it.
How the feck can you have enjoyed sitting with under 1k home fans, you didn't even have the sense to all cram into one block, it was embarrassing to see the pictures of you all.

ccfctommy

The atmosphere was good, small but vocal group, It was good to hear full support for the team, not one player was slagged off, even when they made mistakes, true team support... very refreshing from the Ricoh days, where even the smallest mistake was picked up upon and players slated.

I didn't go. But I would imagine one of the 'upsides' to playing there is that there will be no pressure on the players. Could you imagine the crowd reaction at the Ricoh if we lot a three goal lead?

J

Jack Griffin

The main stand at Sixfields on Sunday
PM3194302TC-110813CITYC-51-5699569.jpg

Compare with the least full stand at the Ricoh (the stand opposite this was even fuller)
img_0210.jpg

Something tells me the attendance figures at Sixfields were overestimated & they were underestimated at the Ricoh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonleagueherewecome

We should form a company called "SISU Out" and buy that space that says "your company name here!"

Nonleagueherewecome

I didn't go. But I would imagine one of the 'upsides' to playing there is that there will be no pressure on the players. Could you imagine the crowd reaction at the Ricoh if we lot a three goal lead?

Said that before the game when I predicted the win. It looked like a training game atmosphere, which is obviously a lot less pressure and expectation than The Ricoh. Equally, The Ricoh was often an inspiration to opponents. Stands to reason that an empty Sixfields is likely to be the opposite. It could, bizarrely, prove to be an asset on the pitch...not that it's worth it in the slightest. Those saying it like it's a good thing need to seriously think about what kind of sized club they want to support long-term.

georgehudson

3rd hand, but supposedly reliable, news from a steward @ sixfields,
he said, about 300 Cov Fans, 1100 Brizzle, & the rest locals / neutrals,
over to you TF ?

hutch1972

3rd hand, but supposedly reliable, news from a steward @ sixfields,
he said, about 300 Cov Fans, 1100 Brizzle, & the rest locals / neutrals,
over to you TF ?
Can't wait for the JPT 2nd round draw, a home tie would struggle to reach 500 ( including nosey locals who know where the holes in the fences are ).
Yesterdays crowd would have been under 1k but for the BC following, total absolute kamikaze business sense !

Nonleagueherewecome

Just spotted the SISU Out banner at the cricket, when Bresnan hooked a 4 :D

Users who are viewing this thread