Sixfield attendees 2014/2015 Season (1 Viewer)

Covlad65

I for one have attended sixfields rightly or wrongly this season and only because my children wanted to watch their team...but with the form of the team recently and most possibly lack of investment in the summer and with players out of contract and more than likely moving on....couple this with the lack of atmosphere in the ground, I will not be attending next season. So was wondering out of all those that do go....how many are considering not attending next season?

ecky

It's a hard decision to make, I have 3 generations who used to watch CCFC at the Ricoh but we refused to go to Northampton, been to 6 away games and truthfully we miss our Saturday afternoon trip to watch the team.
But you have to do what you feel is right for yourself and I don't think you will be on your own.
To be honest I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel so the pain goes on.

Grendel

So the OP sites loss of form as a reason for non attendance in the future. Terrific.

edgy

Been twice but will only go back next season if;

1) there is significant progress on the "new stadium".
or
2) JR goes in favour of the club, leading to possible future ownership of ACL

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Been twice but will only go back next season if;

1) there is significant progress on the "new stadium".
or
2) JR goes in favour of the club, leading to possible future ownership of ACL

What is the JR goes in SISU's favour - as I don't think of them as 'the club' as although they're owners, they don't have the club's interests at heart, only return return on investment - the loan is rolled back, and then someone else fancies ACL with their improving business model and then buys out ACL? You're free of your hated CCC/ACL is it's hypothetically now in private hands; and CCFC can come back as leasehold tenant, with access to match-day revenues. Happy?

Grendel

What is the JR goes in SISU's favour - as I don't think of them as 'the club' as although they're owners, they don't have the club's interests at heart, only return return on investment - the loan is rolled back, and then someone else fancies ACL with their improving business model and then buys out ACL? You're free of your hated CCC/ACL is it's hypothetically now in private hands; and CCFC can come back as leasehold tenant, with access to match-day revenues. Happy?

An "improving businesses model" that shows a significant hit on profits. Increased turnover and a significantly reduced profit to turnover ratio is hardly going to entice potential buyers is it?

lewys33

Not at all, main reason for non attendance in the future IMO is lack of atmosphere....all the other factors could add to it.....Thats All !!

I wouldn't bother rising to him mate, not going because you dont want to drag yourself 35 miles to watch shit football is a perfectly valid argument.

shmmeee

An "improving businesses model" that shows a significant hit on profits. Increased turnover and a significantly reduced profit to turnover ratio is hardly going to entice potential buyers is it?

Seems to have our owners under it's spell to be fair.

You gonna answer OP?

edgy

I wouldn't bother rising to him mate, not going because you dont want to drag yourself 35 miles to watch shit football is a perfectly valid argument.

The football's not shit. The defending is close though.

edgy

Not ideal, but it may cause some movement somewhere.

edgy

It was a joke.

Though before xmas it was easily the most entertaining seasons Ive seen in 10+ years.

_brian_

Not at all, main reason for non attendance in the future IMO is lack of atmosphere....all the other factors could add to it.....Thats All !!

I think you should be asking yourself what are you doing to enhance the atmosphere?!?! It's easy to blame it on everyone else! Just my opinion, before I get shot down!!!

torchomatic

If "shit football" was the yardstick of support then we'd all support Barcelona, Man City and Liverpool.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's a much more diverse business model; growing horizontally, so yes. As I typed yesterday, better utilisation means the fixed costs can be carried against a larger number of events, making each one more competitive. Once you build that model, you can pick and choose your margin according to what any given event will bear; but the turnover and diversity has to come first. In the medium term, it's an excellent tactic - though you don't want to hear that, as you predicted impending doom by now and you've been proven wrong. Again. I have every confidence any potential buyer in this hypothesis wouldn't suffer from your mypoia.

If we leave it there, as we don't allow you to follow your favoured policy of high-jacking any given thread onto your favourite topics - care to answer the OP's question? I think that's why issues are separated into 'threads', to prevent the cross-contamination you so favour; just in case you didn't know

Grendel

It's a much more diverse business model; growing horizontally, so yes. As I typed yesterday, better utilisation means the fixed costs can be carried against a larger number of events, making each one more competitive. Once you build that model, you can pick and choose your margin according to what any given event will bear; but the turnover and diversity has to come first. In the medium term, it's an excellent tactic - though you don't want to hear that, as you predicted impending doom by now and you've been proven wrong. Again. I have every confidence any potential buyer in this hypothesis wouldn't suffer from your mypoia.

If we leave it there, as we don't allow you to follow your favoured policy of high-jacking any given thread onto your favourite topics - care to answer the OP's question? I think that's why issues are separated into 'threads', to prevent the cross-contamination you so favour; just in case you didn't know

So your initial post answered the OP's question did it?

I think I was merely a respondee to cross contamination old chap.

Covlad65

I think you should be asking yourself what are you doing to enhance the atmosphere?!?! It's easy to blame it on everyone else! Just my opinion, before I get shot down!!!
Takes more than one man and his dog to enhance the atmosphere!.......Unless you know different.

lordsummerisle

I don't think you actually answered where these projections of extra income were coming from yesterday?

torchomatic

Well, the last time I got value for money was at HR. Apart from the odd game at the Ricoh the majority of games have been rubbish.

I'd expect 'some' value for my money.

blueflint

they are more buyable than the football club with no home mate

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I don't think you actually answered where these projections of extra income were coming from yesterday?

I don't have to. Delivery is following projections from ACL. Surely, if you disbelieve them, it's for you to prove why the current situation will change; not for me to tell you why they'll continue 'as are'?!?

What perverse logic.....

torchomatic

Or a home without a football club.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Grendel

That remains to be seen. Haskell was buying wasn't he? What happened?

Grendel

Probably had a the gipsies warning from SISU

Sorry? I mean by ACL without the club? Why didn't he follow up on this organisation with swollen revenues and even higher revenues without those pesky Olympics in the way?

slyblue57

Any chance people could just answer the original question ?
It was an interesting thread to start with.
I d be interested in what Sixfielders will do next season.

Users who are viewing this thread