Six teams on 13 Points (1 Viewer)

smouch1975

Six teams sitting two points ahead of us on 13.

A win for us will leapfrog us to 14 points and into 14th place.
What wins can be expected from the mid-tablers?

Discuss

wingy

If we'd have hung on on Saturday we'd have been 15th I think ,so after our win this Saturday would have been mid -table,Doh, sorry about the double adjective.;):p:facepalm:

smouch1975

Predictions then

Yeovil V Crewe
Portsmouth V Shrewesbury
Oldham V Leighton Orient
Colchester V Carlisle

A win would put us above the loser of Yeovil V Crewe atleast

covcity4life

The teams sitting on 13 points may all win and we won't get anywhere. I do expect us to near the play offs come Christmas.

in which case alot of top teams might be the ones dropping pts which is still a big plys for cov.

i dont care about mid tablers results, i only follow top 10 as thats where we aim to be.

Black6Osprey

Unfortunately it will take a massive run of wins and draws to get in the mix. If you think the teams in the play off positions are averaging nearly 2 points per game, if we win 10 in a row (not a chance in hell) we would get to about 40 points which would get us to about 6th or 7th. The gap is just too big. It's not impossible but you can't have such a shit start and have any real hope of catching up. It's not as if we are looking likely to win against the better teams either. Another wasted season beckons I'm afraid.

Stevec189

Anyone remember Palace being in the bottom three when Dowie took them over and them getting promoted? It is possible and I think Dowie took them over in December! PUSB and keep the faith!

Sick Boy

We would need to find and maintain league winning form for the rest of the season.

People seem to think that 'play-offs = promotion'...which would not necessarily be the case.

dongonzalos

We would need to avoid losing another 6-7 game's.

Can you see 6 to 7 different teams beating us as the season goes on. Especially if you consider our strength in depth. I can't.

Top six is a very realistic proposition.

Grendel

Can you see 6 to 7 different teams beating us as the season goes on. Especially if you consider our strength in depth. I can't.

Our strength in depth has given 2 wins to date. We will lose more than 6 games in the last 34.

dongonzalos

Yes but in danger of this going down a route I don't want it too.

We drew three in a period when personally I feel the new signings were bedding in etc....

Then I genuinely believe we lost 5 during a manager transition phase.

Now Robins is starting to get to grips with that and we have won two and drew two of our last 4.

I feel these results are a true reflection of what this squad will do this season.

I really don't think we can read too much into the five defeats due to off field matters.

Grendel

Yes but in danger of this going down a route I don't want it too.

We drew three in a period when personally I feel the new signings were bedding in etc....

Then I genuinely believe we lost 5 during a manager transition phase.

Now Robins is starting to get to grips with that and we have won two and drew two of our last 4.

I feel these results are a true reflection of what this squad will do this season.

I really don't think we can read too much into the five defeats due to off field matters.

We have depth but little strength. In the first three games we played two poor sides and did not win. Oldham are a struggling side as are Bournmouth. Many of the players signed in the summer are highly suspect (Barton, the french signings, Elliot, Jennings) and we do not score many goals. We may win more than we lose but we will still lose games.

dongonzalos

16 wins
13 draws
5 defeats

From our last 34 and into the play offs is my guess.

Although I also fancy it maybe as little as 3 defeats and 15 draws.

skybluegod

Unfortunately it will take a massive run of wins and draws to get in the mix. If you think the teams in the play off positions are averaging nearly 2 points per game, if we win 10 in a row (not a chance in hell) we would get to about 40 points which would get us to about 6th or 7th. The gap is just too big. It's not impossible but you can't have such a shit start and have any real hope of catching up. It's not as if we are looking likely to win against the better teams either. Another wasted season beckons I'm afraid.

where did you learn math's a win=3 points x 10 = 30 points?

covcity4life

We would need to find and maintain league winning form for the rest of the season.

People seem to think that 'play-offs = promotion'...which would not necessarily be the case.

no they dont, achieveing playoff spot is part 1

then its a restart for the finale of the season

Astute

Our strength in depth has given 2 wins to date. We will lose more than 6 games in the last 34.

Oh well here we go. Tables from 2004-2005

2004-2005

pos W D L Poinst
1, 29 11 6 98 P
2, 26 8 12 86 P
3, 22 13 11 79
4, 22 9 15 75
5, 19 15 12 72 P
6, 21 8 17 71

2005-2006

1, 23 13 10 82 P
2, 22 13 11 79 P
3, 20 16 10 76
4, 19 16 11 73
5, 18 18 10 72 P
6, 18 17 11 71

2006-2007

1, 26 13 7 91 P
2, 25 10 11 85 P
3, 24 11 11 83 P
4, 23 13 10 82
5, 23 13 10 79
6, 21 12 13 75

2007-2008

1, 27 11 8 92 P
2, 22 16 8 82 P
3, 23 11 12 80 P
4, 23 11 12 80
5, 27 10 9 76
6, 22 10 14 76

2008-2009

1, 27 15 4 96 P
2, 26 11 9 89 P
3, 26 9 11 87
4, 26 6 14 84
5, 25 7 14 82
6, 22 10 14 76 P

Can't be bothered to do any more, but as the final tables show over the years most teams that go up don't win most of their games as is said by some. A quater of the season is gone. We are now getting results. 12 points away from 2nd with 34 games to go. We are starting to hit form whilst others are losing it. If we have another poor run then our season is over. Just the same for other teams though. I am happy with the way things are now to how it was a few weeks ago.

Ash

It's not about how many more games we lose, it's about how many more points we pick up that will depend on whether we make it in the top 6 or not. If we can carry on grinding out results then we'd have a very realistic chance of being up there at the end of the season.

Black6Osprey

Well the way this season is going its looking closer to 80 pts to get in the top 6 so that's another 70 pts please. 20 pts from every 10 games till the end of the season and we may just catch up. Its possible but I haven't seen anything like that sort of form from this team yet and chucking points away at Swindon emphasises how for away they still are.

Black6Osprey

16 wins
13 draws
5 defeats

From our last 34 and into the play offs is my guess.

Although I also fancy it maybe as little as 3 defeats and 15 draws.

Are you sure about 3 defeats? Can't pass, poor defensively, need 100 shots to score a goal. Can't see us getting past Brentford on Tuesday and then we'll have one more defeat to go (in some alternate reality). We can't even catch up with same number of points as games played so all this talk of run to the play offs is just bollocks.

dongonzalos

Yes happy to standby it. 5 defeats minimum, hopefully just 3. With been unable to pass to each other somehow we managed 20 shots 13 on target to county's 7.
These results happen their manager knows they got the rub of the green, like we have recently.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread