Sisu (1 Viewer)

SonOfSnoz

Great news about return to the Ricoh, but did Sisu have any other choice?
Another season of 2k fans per match....
Ricoh was the only option!
I do understand the reason why club & stadium ownership have to go together!
Also, did the FL finally grow a pair & force the club back where it belongs?
SP may also have threatend to go to Huddersfield?
Mr Fisher has been very quiet?
Respect to SW, he has been Sisu's constant good guy!
But main respect & hats off to all the fans, who got the club back home!!!
Makes you proud to support the Skyblues!!!!!

Last edited:

Samo

Great news about return to the Ricoh, but did Sisu have any other choice?
Another season of 2k fans per match....
Ricoh was the only option!
Also, did the FL finally grow a pair & force the club back where it belongs?
SP may also have threatend to go to Huddersfield?
Mr Fisher has been very quiet?
Respect to SW, he has been Sisu's constant good guy!
But main respect & hats off too all the fans who got the club back home!!!
Makes you proud to support the Skyblues!!!!!

Nope, out of options. They fought the battle and lost. But they are yet to lose the war.

SonOfSnoz

SW talks a good game & actually delivers it too, unlike others!

Sisu took a battering in the court, let's not forget that.....but still got away from paying a year's rent, but also managed to put an end to the shoddy deal signed by previous board/s!!

rupert_bear

SW talks a good game & actually delivers it too, unlike others!

Sisu took a battering in the court, let's not forget that.....but still got away from paying a year's rent, but also managed to put an end to the shoddy deal signed by previous board/s!!
Lets talk facts. Steve Waggott was part and parcel of just about the dirtiest deed of any football owner ever, stealing the team from it's hometown and taken it 35 miles away. He was one of a pair, him and Fisher, who came up with this crass idea. I don't think JS got involved until after we moved and the bad publicity started to affect her business. Throughout last season he trotted out defending their decision, never a thought for the anguish many supporters felt, never a thought or help for those unable to get to Northampton, old, infirm, disabled or hard up, where was the transport help that was offered ?, by him I believe on radio. As for the shoddy deal signed by the previous board, shoddy it might have been but was there in black and white when sisu took the club on, it wasn't hidden away in the small print and our owners paid it okay for 3 years, so please lets stop blaming previous boards. Back to this wonderful Waggott in my opinion he is on a self preservation mission, I believe there are more changes to come either sisu will sell up or jettison our c.e.o. I don't think should Waggott have to leave our club he will ever get a job at a football club again.

In simple terms Steve Waggott is the other cheek of the same backside and as much to blame for this Sixfields decision as anyone.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Lets talk facts. Steve Waggott was part and parcel of just about the dirtiest deed of any football owner ever, stealing the team from it's hometown and taken it 35 miles away. He was one of a pair, him and Fisher, who came up with this crass idea. I don't think JS got involved until after we moved and the bad publicity started to affect her business. Throughout last season he trotted out defending their decision, never a thought for the anguish many supporters felt, never a thought or help for those unable to get to Northampton, old, infirm, disabled or hard up, where was the transport help that was offered ?, by him I believe on radio. As for the shoddy deal signed by the previous board, shoddy it might have been but was there in black and white when sisu took the club on, it wasn't hidden away in the small print and our owners paid it okay for 3 years, so please lets stop blaming previous boards. Back to this wonderful Waggott in my opinion he is on a self preservation mission, I believe there are more changes to come either sisu will sell up or jettison our c.e.o. I don't think should Waggott have to leave our club he will ever get a job at a football club again.

In simple terms Steve Waggott is the other cheek of the same backside and as much to blame for this Sixfields decision as anyone.

Sorry Rupert but I think your talking Bollocks. Waggott is a football man and has always distanced himself from the owners commercial decisions. Seppalla and Fisher were the reason we moved from the Ricoh, they make the commercial decisions he makes the footballing ones they say sell and they say how much you can spend. I think the playing side of the club may have imploded if he wasn't their and every manager he has employed has had a great relationship with him, just because you are employed by SISU it doesn't mean you are party to decisions or a bad person.

spider_ricoh

Great news to be back In Coventry of course, but, as Colin Murray points out in today's Metro, when you stand back and look at it, that Coventry City should be playing in Coventry is a given, so let's not give any credit for this to Tim or Joy - they were responsible for us playing in Northampton for a year in the first place. Well done Steve Waggott and ACL for making it happen though. SW has always impressed me and ACL have been quite big by going back to the table after being wrong so grievously repeatedly.

I hope we get some huge crowds and use this momentum to storm the division (and boost the coffers in the process owe can further strengthen the squad) but I also want to see the passion and anger of the protests turned on SISU so they can be booted out as soon as possible. Most fans were calling for them to go before the club left the city and nothing has changed in that regard since we last played at the Ricoh - they are still the same disgraceful owners, just with a longer and more disastrous track record. Moving the club to Northampton was unforgivable so the next phase has to be an increasing clamour for them to go.

Sorry to put a slight dampner on it but SISU still being involved means, for me, the club is still tainted by their image. We have seen clearly that the club cannot flourish under their leadership as they have no conception of what the club means to the fans, or indeed how to run a football club. I'll still go to some games, as I did before we left the Ricoh, but I'd be lying if I said that I'm able to wholeheartedly support what is clearly a club tarnished by the actions and approach of its owners.

On the basis that the first duty of football club owners is to act as a custodian to steward a historic institution for future generations and nurture the relationship the fans, the current ones remain irretrievably discredited as unfit to run our club.

Hopefully see you at Wycombe and/or Gills!

SonOfSnoz

As other poster says, can't judge SW & Sisu together.
The state the club was left in, it needed a Sisu type, good guys win nothing! Like it or not, Sisu have achieved something, otherwise there would be no return!
The previous board have a lot to answer for, the shoddy deal saw the previous board sell up to Sisu in the first place!
How can any club survive on ticket sales alone??
Why has Ann Lucus been replaced by Townsend?
Why has Tim gone quiet?
Just glad Cov is back in Cov & can follow City & Utd now :)

Notice the Sisu/Acl ping pong carrying on amongst the glory talk though.....Townsend says "take one day at a time...win trust again"
Waggott replies "club needs it's own stadium to survive" somethings never change......

Last edited:

spider_ricoh

The state the club was left in, it needed a Sisu type, goog guys win nothing! Like it or not, Sisu have achieved something, otherwise there would be no return!

Never read such a load of crap in all the years of posting on here ... there was no justification to take the club out of Coventry. There would have been no departure without SISU making it happen, so let's not give them credit for belatedly returning. It's a bit like burgling someone then expecting praise for returning the goods some time later, damaged. A better deal could have been negotiated without the farce of playing at Sixfields.

Ian1779

The way it was done was inexcusable, but you can't hide from the fact that we are in a better position going back to the Ricoh than when we left in terms of the financial position of a rental deal.

SISU have an awful lot of work to do to rebuild the fans trust. This is where their energies need to be spent.

Samo

The way it was done was inexcusable, but you can't hide from the fact that we are in a better position going back to the Ricoh than when we left in terms of the financial position of a rental deal.

SISU have an awful lot of work to do to rebuild the fans trust. This is where their energies need to be spent.

Dead on. A fact that some will not find palatable but a fact nonetheless.

sky blue john

Obviously the deal is a secret.
But i''m not so sure we will be much better off than the last deal offered before leaving the Ricoh. So a season at sixfields in my oppinion was unnecessary.
Where we have gained is the slashing of the wage bill and dead wood being cleared whilst at sixfields. Also a league one wage bill is always going to be lower than what is required for the championship.
With the expected increase of ticket sales and if you take out of the equation the 1.8million we annually have to pay Arvo, we should be able to run at profit.

rupert_bear

okay i'll swallow the Waggott is wonderful pill. So lets take it from here and forget any previous, lets wait and see how many new recruits Pressley signs, how much he is allowed to spend and how many more young starlets are sold, wonderful Waggott is apparently in sole charge of player development and recruitment, currently we need a centre half, two have just recently left, a central midfield player, I think we all agree on that and a target type front man. There is about 4million of transfer kitty in the pot from recent deals, I would think 10/15% of that would get decent players in, we now have potentially 90%+ extra income from attendances coming in so okay Mr Waggott will you okay the funds to acquire much needed new talent.

Rusty Trombone

Presumably we have to pay Northampton a years rent in compensation (I believe that was the deal), so we have paid for two years rent and played there for one. This would seem to be the same or more than they were offered at the Ricoh, but with a massive reduction in income. Not sure how anyone would think we're better off because of our stint in Northampton.

Last edited:

dadgad

Great news to be back In Coventry of course, but, as Colin Murray points out in today's Metro, when you stand back and look at it, that Coventry City should be playing in Coventry is a given, so let's not give any credit for this to Tim or Joy - they were responsible for us playing in Northampton for a year in the first place. Well done Steve Waggott and ACL for making it happen though. SW has always impressed me and ACL have been quite big by going back to the table after being wrong so grievously repeatedly.

Most fans were calling for them to go before the club left the city and nothing has changed in that regard since we last played at the Ricoh - they are still the same disgraceful owners,

SISU still being involved means, for me, the club is still tainted by their image.

On the basis that the first duty of football club owners is to act as a custodian to steward a historic institution for future generations and nurture the relationship the fans, the current ones remain irretrievably discredited as unfit to run any club

All true - we should not forget what Sisu were prepared to do to try and gain economic leverage. Awful people.

However, they are our owners and at THIS juncture we'll have to work with what we've got. Here's hoping that Susu have learnt that owning a FC involves a wider responsibility to community than they can have imagined.

shmmeee

Didn't someone say Labovitch said the deal signed is the one Joy stropped off from last January?

So other than costing us millions that will take years to claw back even on a better deal and splitting the fanbase, what exactly has been achieved?

rupert_bear

Didn't someone say Labovitch said the deal signed is the one Joy stropped off from last January?

So other than costing us millions that will take years to claw back even on a better deal and splitting the fanbase, what exactly has been achieved?
Nothing, no matter which way I look at this whole exile scenario I cannot see a reason why. Okay an attempt to distress ACL possibly, would never have worked or been allowed to work, to get the ground on the cheap, not a chance while a council owned part of it
, I believe it was simple bullying and a tactic that snowballed out of control then it became a face saving issue for an ego-maniac Fisher, his idea, I am always right suck on this you mugs.

spider_ricoh

You could add 'unforgivable' there.

On the basis of your statement, was it worth spending 12 months in Northampton to get a better deal? How can the answer to that be anything other than "no" ?? There must have been a more constructive / productive way of negotiating an improved deal. SISU crossed a line in the sand which no owner with respect for the fans would have crossed - my dear hope now is that the fans don't let SISU off the hook - it is time to drive them out of the club.

shmmeee

Nothing, no matter which way I look at this whole exile scenario I cannot see a reason why. Okay an attempt to distress ACL possibly, would never have worked or been allowed to work, to get the ground on the cheap, not a chance while a council owned part of it
, I believe it was simple bullying and a tactic that snowballed out of control then it became a face saving issue for an ego-maniac Fisher, his idea, I am always right suck on this you mugs.

I suspect you're right. The whole thing from the ridiculous rhetoric coming out of the club, to the last minute dash for a ground, to the comical mess of the Stadium Forum, the hammering Sisu took in court, right up to the "commercial confidentiality" of the new deal suggests Sisu biting off more than they can chew and having to come back with their tails between their legs.

spider_ricoh

I suspect you're right. The whole thing from the ridiculous rhetoric coming out of the club, to the last minute dash for a ground, to the comical mess of the Stadium Forum, the hammering Sisu took in court, right up to the "commercial confidentiality" of the new deal suggests Sisu biting off more than they can chew and having to come back with their tails between their legs.

Love it, yes!

Spagbol

Next step for SISU?..... I think they will sell up and go. :blue: I know we all feel positive about the return, but they are still here, and I do genuinely feel that with them running our club we will never truly reach our potential.

Samo

You could add 'unforgivable' there.

On the basis of your statement, was it worth spending 12 months in Northampton to get a better deal? How can the answer to that be anything other than "no" ?? There must have been a more constructive / productive way of negotiating an improved deal. SISU crossed a line in the sand which no owner with respect for the fans would have crossed - my dear hope now is that the fans don't let SISU off the hook - it is time to drive them out of the club.

Yes the move to Northampton is unforgivable. But with the benefit of hindsight in a few years time, when we are able to compete on a level financial playing field with other clubs, with a promotion to soften the memory perhaps... this whole episode may be viewed quite differently. I'm sure it will always be seen as our darkest hour but the breaking of the lease now offers a chance for the club to progress whereas before all of this we were headed in only one direction.

Samo

Next step for SISU?..... I think they will sell up and go. :blue: I know we all feel positive about the return, but they are still here, and I do genuinely feel that with them running our club we will never truly reach our potential.

All that to sell up now? I don't think so. They want a return and the club if worth fuck all. But establish us as top half championship club and secure ownership or a long term lease and then you have something people want to buy.

shmmeee

All that to sell up now? I don't think so. They want a return and the club if worth fuck all. But establish us as top half championship club and secure ownership or a long term lease and then you have something people want to buy.

Sounds scarily like Ransons plan when Sisu came in to be honest.

Either pay up for half of ACL or make way for someone who will (or build a new ground)

spider_ricoh

Yes the move to Northampton is unforgivable. But with the benefit of hindsight in a few years time, when we are able to compete on a level financial playing field with other clubs, with a promotion to soften the memory perhaps... this whole episode may be viewed quite differently. I'm sure it will always be seen as our darkest hour but the breaking of the lease now offers a chance for the club to progress whereas before all of this we were headed in only one direction.

Yeah but as I wrote in my post, changing the terms of t he Ricoh deal could have been done without us ever leaving Coventry, if the club had handled it better.

shmmeee

The state the club was left in, it needed a Sisu type, good guys win nothing! Like it or not, Sisu have achieved something, otherwise there would be no return!
The previous board have a lot to answer for, the shoddy deal saw the previous board sell up to Sisu in the first place!
How can any club survive on ticket sales alone??
Why has Ann Lucus been replaced by Townsend?
Why has Tim gone quiet?
Just glad Cov is back in Cov & can follow City & Utd now :)

Notice the Sisu/Acl ping pong carrying on amongst the glory talk though.....Townsend says "take one day at a time...win trust again"
Waggott replies "club needs it's own stadium to survive" somethings never change......

You're mental, but I like you.

To answer your questions:

We were due to breakeven at Sixfields, well turn a profit on the same budget on ticket sales alone. The club is easy to run at this level, it's when you go to the Championship things get difficult.

Ann Lucas is on holiday. While the leader is away the deputy is in charge.

Fuck knows where Fisher has gone, same place as Labovitch I assume.

Samo

Yeah but as I wrote in my post, changing the terms of t he Ricoh deal could have been done without us ever leaving Coventry, if the club had handled it better.

I agree Spider, I don't think they could have handled it much worse. But Northampton aside, we are now in a position to progress for the first time in many years.

Nick

Administrator
295724_234669323242295_2433769_n.jpg

Como

My guess is that they were losing cash and did not want to continue 'investing' and their legal team had advised that the option of distressing ACL was not likely to succeed.

The more interesting question is what next? Presumably the plan is not just this. Greater income may mean no loses but also no likely gain of consequence.

Sell, new ground, try and improve to sell, any likely buyers, what?

PS There is no answer, just speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread