SISU win at court... (1 Viewer)

Thenose

Imagine the totally improbable conclusion and SISU win at court.

There will be no magic reversal of the Ricoh sale, it will remain with WASPS.

The only alternative is then compensation, Just who do you think will pay that. The council tax payers of Coventry.

Where will the money go, straight to SISU and direct to their pockets...

What a superb result.

ccfcway

imagine theres no new stadium, its easy if you try
no hull below us, above only Carlisle
imagine all at the ricoh, getting in for free

Imagine theres no Webster, it isnt hard to do
Nothing to dive for or save now
and no wild misskicks too
Imagine all of SISU
Living all debt free...........oh oh oh oh

you may say i am a dreamer, but i'm not the only one.
I hope some days you will join us, as we all just leave League One.......

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Surely if by some mad chance they did, surely you should be angry for the council doing something wrong and risking tax payers money?

Thenose

I am, my point is no matter what, its a crap result. SISU get rich, local tax payers get poor, CCC cut more services to pay compensation. Wasps stay at Ricoh. CCFC dont get new stadium.

There is no happy ending in SISU latest legal action

Samo

Surely if by some mad chance they did, surely you should be angry for the council doing something wrong and risking tax payers money?

Too fookin right but, in sharp contrast to all the 'the judge said this, the judge said that' we've heard, it would be conspiracy theories and pay offs and miscarriage of justice.

Paxman II

If they win then they may be awarded cost but that may not be the case here. Also there is no guarantee there would be a compensation award, just a win which gives them the ammo to take the council to court on a number of levels.

Whether the 'loan' made by the council was illegal or not may jeopardise the operation of ACL (now owned by the Wasp lot) and they could be forced to repay it and seek their loan elsewhere. It will not change the ownership of the Ricoh.
Could SISU use the win to force the original sale to WASP as a wrongful act? I have no idea but it remains a thought.

Now there's a mixed up bunch of ideas for ya!

chiefdave

I suppose the best case scenario for us would be a judge to order that the loan be called in. Wasps would then have to find alternative financing, if they have difficulty obtaining that it may open up an opportunity to purchase at least a stake in ACL. Of course that requires a lot of things to fall in line but it wouldn't be a bad result for us.

Samo

If they win then they may be awarded cost but that may not be the case here. Also there is no guarantee there would be a compensation award, just a win which gives them the ammo to take the council to court on a number of levels.

Whether the 'loan' made by the council was illegal or not may jeopardise the operation of ACL (now owned by the Wasp lot) and they could be forced to repay it and seek their loan elsewhere. It will not change the ownership of the Ricoh.
Could SISU use the win to force the original sale to WASP as a wrongful act? I have no idea but it remains a thought.

A minor point but Pax... you do know there is more than one wasp right?

tisza

not sure what the issue is. sisu said they were fighting this for the taxpayers. naturally if there are any financial gains for SISU they will give them to the taxpayers they are doing this for.

Intheknow

I suppose the best case scenario for us would be a judge to order that the loan be called in. Wasps would then have to find alternative financing, if they have difficulty obtaining that it may open up an opportunity to purchase at least a stake in ACL. Of course that requires a lot of things to fall in line but it wouldn't be a bad result for us.

I suspect that is the best possible result.

Kingokings204

There will be no magic reversal of the Ricoh sale, it will remain with WASPS.

The only alternative is then compensation, Just who do you think will pay that. The council tax payers of Coventry.

Where will the money go, straight to SISU and direct to their pockets...

What a superb result.

Ateast then they might F off after their pay out. We all know it's what they are after as keeping ccfc on serves no other purpose.

Unfortunately it won't happen as from what we know they haven't got a case of any description according to the results so far.

Godiva

How is that winding people up?

The number of times I have seen you accused of being a WUM the past couple of weeks ...

dongonzalos

I agree

Unfortunately I would then have little faith in us doing the deal in the straightforward no messing manner it would require. Wasps would then eventually find someone else to invest whilst we pissed around trying to get more for less.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

IMO the most likely scenario would be a slap on the wrist for CCC, but Sisu use the judgement to seek for damages, and claim compensation from the council.

They would then take the money and dispose (possibly liquidation) of CCFC.

tisza

2 other questions arise if sisu won etc.
1. would wasps then sue CCC and possibly Higgs?
2. are wasps chances of finding alternative financing easier than when the loan was first made? the acl now has at least one key tenant and the football club for at least 4 years.

letsallsingtogether

Fancy winding people up, you little tinker you ;)

He's not nothing would make him and his entourage more happier then that situation arising, then again if they lost again he would still say it was a cover up.

Astute

As you say Nick......by some mad chance.

So far SISU have been proved wrong in the court of law each time. The only time they have got the verdict was for an appeal on an appeal. Then they lost the JR as badly as they could. So now we are expected to decide what could happen if the judges so far are proved to be wrong.

Yes there should be something happen if CCC are proven to be wrong like some on here keep accusing them of. But all I have seen so far is lip service from Fisher in desperate times and comments on here. Nothing to make me think that CCC are guilty of anything that would give CCFC or SISU a massive boost. I am also sure that the legal teams involved in the Ricoh deal to Wasps checked all the legalities.

And Nick......do you think that SISU would put any money into our squad or for building a stadium outside Coventry if they did get any compensation from CCC? It seems to me that some are hoping for CCC to have done something wrong so our club can benefit. The only way our club could ever benefit from anything would be if it makes SISU go and leave us to rebuild our club.

oldfiver

I am, my point is no matter what, its a crap result. SISU get rich, local tax payers get poor, CCC cut more services to pay compensation. Wasps stay at Ricoh. CCFC dont get new stadium.

There is no happy ending in SISU latest legal action

If they recover what they paid out how is that "getting rich"?

Astute

I have gone past caring if they get their money back or not. It looks like they won't be putting any money into our club whatever happens. It is our club I care about. And it doesn't seem to have much of a future as things stand.

Kingokings204

That's the thing even is sisu get a pay off ccfc won't benefit will they? Increasingly likely sisu won't as each court case is losing quicker than the team so are we just stuck with them for next 5 years?.

shmmeee

Too fookin right but, in sharp contrast to all the 'the judge said this, the judge said that' we've heard, it would be conspiracy theories and pay offs and miscarriage of justice.

What like it is from Nick at the moment you mean? ;)

"Hai guyz! What if Joy bought Messi and Ronaldo and we all got free ice cream for going to the Ricoh?!?! I bet those council stooges would be crying then!"

Is basically the level of his argument.

shmmeee

Depends on the taxes dodged and the wages and consultancy fees earned. There's more than one way to skin a cat, and I think one thing we can all agree on is that hedge fund managers aren't known for their financial folly. If we weren't profitable for her right now she wouldn't be in charge.

italiahorse

.... and in the meantime Rome burns ?

Nick

Administrator
What like it is from Nick at the moment you mean? ;)

"Hai guyz! What if Joy bought Messi and Ronaldo and we all got free ice cream for going to the Ricoh?!?! I bet those council stooges would be crying then!"

Is basically the level of his argument.

Well it isn't really is it? I was replying to a thread saying "what if SISU won at court". I didn't start the thread did I? I also made a point of making it clear I didn't think it would happen anyway.

Get a grip.

Sky Blue Dal

In my experience, there is NO chance they will win.

So far they have shown no concrete evidence to convince any high court judge or the appeal judges that the loan was illegal and you have to note that each time there appeal is rejected it gets harder and harder to convince the next judge to overturn all the other judges decisions.

They will need one hell of a big smoking gun for one brave judge to undermine his fellow peers.

I can’t ever see this happening and I can only think that these appeal are some kind of installing tactics they are using. What the reason for this is only they know.

Sky Blue Harry H

imagine theres no new stadium, its easy if you try
no hull below us, above only Carlisle
imagine all at the ricoh, getting in for free

Imagine theres no Webster, it isnt hard to do
Nothing to dive for or save now
and no wild misskicks too
Imagine all of SISU
Living all debt free...........oh oh oh oh

you may say i am a dreamer, but i'm not the only one.
I hope some days you will join us, as we all just leave League One.......

I bring Joy and I can take you to
All those places like Fleetwood,
Tranmere and Crewe
I bring Joy and I brought Timmy too
:guitar2::guitar2::guitar2:

SISU take time and please remember too
There are days when hedge funds seem to get to you
I bring Joy and all she does is sue :censored:

Kingokings204

In my experience, there is NO chance they will win.

So far they have shown no concrete evidence to convince any high court judge or the appeal judges that the loan was illegal and you have to note that each time there appeal is rejected it gets harder and harder to convince the next judge to overturn all the other judges decisions.

They will need one hell of a big smoking gun for one brave judge to undermine his fellow peers.

I can’t ever see this happening and I can only think that these appeal are some kind of installing tactics they are using. What the reason for this is only they know.

I spoke to a high court lawyer today myself and asked him about the sisu case with ccc and I asked him why would sisu do this? He knew about the ccfc case and Jr somewhat already and he said the only reason sisu are appealing and appealing and appealing is to save face and drag it out. He said they know full well it serves no purpose other than to drag it out to make them not look as bad to others outside of football. Only reason.

martcov

no. What have they, CCC, done wrong - legally speaking? If it is proven in the future that all other judges and the council are wrong, then I would be asking SISU why they didn't present their evidence earlier? Why did they they leave the smoking gun til the end and cost the council ( taxpayers ) stress and extra money? SISU would still be in the wrong as far as I am concerned for not having presented a plausible case up until now.

Nick

Administrator
no. What have they, CCC, done wrong - legally speaking? If it is proven in the future that all other judges and the council are wrong, then I would be asking SISU why they didn't present their evidence earlier? Why did they they leave the smoking gun til the end and cost the council ( taxpayers ) stress and extra money? SISU would still be in the wrong as far as I am concerned for not having presented a plausible case up until now.

Surely if SISU won, then CCC would have done something wrong wouldn't they?

If SISU win but are still in the wrong, it renders the "high court judge" argument everybody throws around every 5 minutes doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread