SISU will own 100% of the Arena... (1 Viewer)

Otis

Why should we believe Gaunty?

He got an award once.

We still haven't found where he stole it from.

The offer has always been for 1/2 the arena and only half the arena.

dongonzalos

Knatchbull-Huggeson, who also expects Coventry City Council will one day want to sell its share of the Ricoh. "The city council are a longer-term custodian," he added. "But, again, their sole mission is to get regeneration.
"When they've got a partner that can take that on then I assume they will go out.
"It isn't the business of either of us to be running a stadium like that."

Doesn't sound like a few weeks to me

Unless the mad Chinese conspiracy is true

But I dont see that as the case

Losing a bit of respect for Gaunty over all this

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If they did buy into the Ricoh, but still went into admin, how would we stand?

They could try their best to get together the funds to buy the stadium, but then not have the finds to keep it running! Bit like when they brought the club.

Bit extreme, I know but just wondering.

dongonzalos

steve b ‏@steve_b_1977 @jongaunt @bulkingtonccfc @coventry_city @coventrycc do you mean 100% of the Arena?
Expand

32m Jon gaunt ‏@jongaunt
@steve_b_1977 @bulkingtonccfc @coventry_city @coventrycc yes I do

Jon gaunt

@jongauntfollows you

56m Chris Downes ‏@daansy
SISU want to buy the Ricoh - isn't this what we've been crying out for? Not buying the bullshit it's to liquidate the club either
Retweeted by Jon gaunt
Expand

36m steve b ‏@steve_b_1977
@jongaunt @bulkingtonccfc @coventry_city @coventrycc do you mean 100% of the Arena?
Expand

33m Jon gaunt ‏@jongaunt
@steve_b_1977 @bulkingtonccfc @coventry_city @coventrycc yes I do

Hide conversation

7Jon gaunt ‏@jongaunt

@Newbold93 tell him to get his ass to the oak

View conversation

1h Phil Rooney ‏@SkyBlueRoon
@jongaunt @coventry_city @coventrycc @DropCCFCRentNOW
Retweeted by Jon gaunt
View conversation

https://twitter.com/#!/jongaunt/status/203546351710121984Chris Hatfield ‏@bulkingtonccfc

@jongaunt @Coventry_City @coventrycc if sisu own half the ground we are fucked gaunty cant u see that, they are a bunch of crooks

1h Jon gaunt ‏@jongaunt
@bulkingtonccfc @coventry_city @coventrycc in a few weeks they will own all of it! @coventrycc seeing sense at at PUSB

Hide conversationgaunt ‏@jongaunt

@covchris1987 they ave lost £40 million its a fact. Bottom line is city are now safe rejoice! Let's get embargo lifted PUSB

dongonzalos

Somebody go to the oak and see if he has been kidnapped and had a chip inserted in his brain by SISU.

They chose their target carefully who is the loudest man in Coventry

Insert the pro SISU chip in his brain off he goes :)

Bill Glazier

All that really matters is that the club is legally manacled to the Ricoh stadium. No one should ever, ever again be allowed to sell off the stadium and leave the club in the shit.

torchomatic

I've heard they're going to own 125%.

torchomatic

You got a deal.

Grendel

it gets sillier by the hour ;)

Truth is 5 years ago we were light years from owning the ground. If we do end up doing so its great news.

Otis

Hmmm ... owned by a hedge fund ...

Completely trust them to do the right thing for the club.

:thinking about:

Astute

Great news that they can buy a stadium. They would be able to mortgage it and pocket the funds.

Tank Top

Shortly after sisu arrived on the scene, and their stated intentions were renaged on, the words trust and Sisu did not sit together comfortably at all, well not for me at least.
I could never figure out what they were here for, it certainly wasn't football, they have no knowledge of the game, or any apparent desire to gain any knowledge, the phrase "speculate to accumulate"is not in sisu's financial hand book, and transfer funds, were being outnumbered By Transfer embargo's due to one accounting default or another.
It now appears, they have struck the mother Lode and are in a position to make a bid for a portion of the stadium, so one week they're on the brink of insolvency, and the next they are bidding to buy the thing.
The nagging doubt, that they have other plans, apart from the "The home of the Sky Blues" for the Ricoh. In fact the thought of Sisu/Finance having their stickies on the deeds to the Ricoh, I find more than a little scary.
I realise there are many fans who dont give a stuff about the motives or methods of whoever owns the sky blues, or their league status, just as long as they can see 11 players in blue trot out on a Saturday afternoon, then why worry about the skeletons rattling about in the Cupboard.
However,I will stick to view, that sisu have been bad for us, and will remain so, as long as they are here, in whatever capacity.

dongonzalos

Shortly after sisu arrived on the scene, and their stated intentions were renaged on, the words trust and Sisu did not sit together comfortably at all, well not for me at least.
I could never figure out what they were here for, it certainly wasn't football, they have no knowledge of the game, or any apparent desire to gain any knowledge, the phrase "speculate to accumulate"is not in sisu's financial hand book, and transfer funds, were being outnumbered By Transfer embargo's due to one accounting default or another.
It now appears, they have struck the mother Lode and are in a position to make a bid for a portion of the stadium, so one week they're on the brink of insolvency, and the next they are bidding to buy the thing.
The nagging doubt, that they have other plans, apart from the "The home of the Sky Blues" for the Ricoh. In fact the thought of Sisu/Finance having their stickies on the deeds to the Ricoh, I find more than a little scary.
I realise there are many fans who dont give a stuff about the motives or methods of whoever owns the sky blues, or their league status, just as long as they can see 11 players in blue trot out on a Saturday afternoon, then why worry about the skeletons rattling about in the Cupboard.
However,I will stick to view, that sisu have been bad for us, and will remain so, as long as they are here, in whatever capacity.

My sentiments exactly. It is really frustrating not to know where this money has come from. It will either rest my mind or really flag things up and we could do with knowing before anyone signs the dotted line.

covcity4life

Truth is 5 years ago we were light years from owning the ground. If we do end up doing so its great news.

EXACTLY

yes sisu are muppets but i cannot tell a lie,this is exciting news and what the club needs to move forward

from all accounts SISU are starting to see sense and hopefully if they do own 50/100% of the arena we will get more money in which can be passed on to the squad

not sure who sorts out concerts but we need more as take that brought in 4m or close...imagine we had 50% or even all of that(after costs of course)!

im well aware sisu could betray us (again!) and deystory this club once and for all but at same time im happy to see the labndscape changing cos the old one does us no favours either

p.s if hoffman was for real he would be sticking his oar in right now for sure

Otis

But where do you think any profits are going to go? To the club or to the investors pockets? :facepalm:

If Sisu owned all the arena and could make money from concerts and hotels and catering and all the other stuff, why the hell would they give two hoots about investing in the team?

covcity4life

why have they kept us afloat for 3 years in that case? they need to go back to original goals.

successful team(back to prem) with a successful stadium=big bucks

Otis

Think some people just don't get it.

You look at Roman Abramovitch, he is passionate about his club. Sisu are not passionate about our club. They can't even be arsed to attend games. Their remit is to make money for their investors and that's it.

Why would anyone think they are going to invest in the club when they can make money anyway from all the other things the Ricoh will bring in terms of revenue?

torchomatic

Hoffman's investors would want returns to!

Users who are viewing this thread