Sisu to sell up soon? (1 Viewer)

GaryPendrysEyes

If Sisu's only perceived way of making money was through a sizeable share of the Ricoh, what will keep them here if the chance of that recedes or indeed has gone?

Gates and other revenue will undoubtedly fall, there are no other assets to sell worth anything.
Brandon or wherever was a bargaining tool, they don't have the money, no one would invest in it given The Ricoh exists, and planning wouldn't happen any how's.

So are they under pressure to sell up and get out soon, is it only a lose lose position from here?....

Let's hope so..

GaryPendrysEyes

By all accounts there investors have also just lost millions in ltd.

Will we ever see the Ltd accounts!?
Sisu itself has made 200k losses for a few years, so they have no cash, and would anyone else really invest in a new stadium given the existence of the Ricoh and the problems - no.

So if all the doors are finally closed on the Ricoh, eg. Ann Lucas, then the only logic is Sisu will exit. Buyers are there and no doubt they would reconnect with the Ricoh, and buy a share....
I guess we may see Tim Fisher exit, carry the Sisu can, then they will sell before Xmas....

Let's see!

señor Santiago

Sisu are a investment hedge fund, why would they invest £30 million in building a stadium for coventry city fc. When they can buy Nottingham forest, Bristol city etc, clubs with grounds and greater potential than cov, for less money.SISU have no loyalty to coventry

M&B Stand

Excellent post by The Prefect in this thread

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/34880-Tim-Fisher-talking-like-a-cat-with-a-strawberry-flavoured-arse-and-The-Business-Cycle/page3

Basically saying ACL should let SISU play CCFC in Northampton-they will hemorrhage money as Timmy's budget is way too optimistic and this will distress SISU

They'll just slash costs to such an extent they will barely be losing anything and we'll drop down the leagues even further.

Danceswithhorses

They'll just slash costs to such an extent they will barely be losing anything and we'll drop down the leagues even further.
How can they slash costs ?
The players are on contracts and the stadium is rented, both pretty much 'fixed costs' !
Do you really think they'll stick around for 3-5 years, if they're losing money hand over fist, with income from crowds of approx 300 ?

Last edited:

M&B Stand

The players are on contracts and the stadium is rented, both pretty much 'fixed costs' !
Do you really think they'll stick around for 3-5 years, if they're losing money hand over fist, with income from crowds of approx 300 ?

Yeah you've won me over, Haskell will be in charge soon... now where's my Stetson?

Danceswithhorses

Yeah you've won me over, Haskell will be in charge soon... now where's my Stetson?
I wasn't having a go my friend - i genuinely don't see how they can cut costs further, to make up for the tiny income they'll receive at sixfields.
Frankly, they've done such a poor job of running CCFC, imho almost anyone would be better.
Whether that is PH4 or not, who knows ?

M&B Stand

I wasn't having a go my friend - i genuinely don't see how they can cut costs further, to make up for the tiny income they'll receive at sixfields.
Frankly, they've done such a poor job of running CCFC, imho almost anyone would be better.
Whether that is PH4 or not, who knows ?

I'm agreeing with you me old son, i wish they'd do one, they've proved they can't run a football club. Trouble is ACL don't wanna give up their income streams, and who's gonna come in while its not financially viable? No fucker

GaryPendrysEyes

Agreed. If the likes of Ann Lucas stand firm and fans boycott Northants, as they say they will, Sisu will begin to feel serious pressure in a few months.
Sisu do not have cash and investors will want out.

cloughie

I'm agreeing with you me old son, i wish they'd do one, they've proved they can't run a football club. Trouble is ACL don't wanna give up their income streams, and who's gonna come in while its not financially viable? No fucker

Agreed but ACL paid CCFC for the income streams food and beer, why would they give it away if sisu want let them pay for it

After all they can afford a new stadium

señor Santiago

ACL turn the spare area in to flats accommodation , rent it out. Until city return. keep the wolves from the door. So many business ideas never sell

SkyblueBazza

Rent is only even a cost (let alone "fixed") if you pay it. Player contracts can be re-negotiated to monthly or whatever...& if become too expensive they aren't renewed.

Sisued

So what if we drop down the leagues? we arent playing in Cov so frankly who cares anymore? While SISU own the club the only thing i care about is getting the fuckers out. We will achieve nothing but relegation while they own us.
Keep up the pressureSISU will not enjoy being kept in the spotlight, their investors will start to get twitchy about being associated with them and with a bit of luck they'll sell upor kill the club completely and put us out of the fucking misery that they seem intent on keeping us in.

Can we sue collectively for mental and emotional cruelty?

Danceswithhorses

Rent is only even a cost (let alone "fixed") if you pay it. Player contracts can be re-negotiated to monthly or whatever...& if become too expensive they aren't renewed.
They will have to pay NTFC rent money, at a fixed cost per their agreement.
Regarding player contracts, you cant just change or break a players contract half way through a 3 year contract..a player, for example Mcsheff, will quite rightly want paying per the terms and length of his contract.
So SISU are stuck with those expensive contract for a year or two until they run out.
Short term, its going to be very painful for SISU to stomach these.

Manchester_sky_blue

I've said it before but i'll say it again. There is something more to SISU's ownership of the club than meets the eye. No doubt they would have liked to have bought the Ricoh on the cheap and then sold the club and stadium combined for a tidy profit but after all this time and all the money they have wasted on keeping hold of us it doesn't stack up that was the only reason they have stuck around. There must be some kind of tax dodge or money laundering scam going on, there has to be, its the only thing that makes sense. They could have walked away from the club and cut their losses so many times, they even had offers from people wanting to buy the club, it would not have been much of a return for them but it would have been something so there must be another reason why they are so determined to keep us...........

jesus-wept

Regarding player contracts, you cant just change or break a players contract half way through a 3 year contract..a player, for example Mcsheff, will quite rightly want paying per the terms and length of his contract.
So SISU are stuck with those expensive contract for a year or two until they run out.
Will they be paying NTFC's legal bill too ?

jesus-wept

Will they be paying NTFC's legal bill too ?

kmj5000

i've said it before but i'll say it again. There is something more to sisu's ownership of the club than meets the eye. No doubt they would have liked to have bought the ricoh on the cheap and then sold the club and stadium combined for a tidy profit but after all this time and all the money they have wasted on keeping hold of us it doesn't stack up that was the only reason they have stuck around. There must be some kind of tax dodge or money laundering scam going on, there has to be, its the only thing that makes sense. They could have walked away from the club and cut their losses so many times, they even had offers from people wanting to buy the club, it would not have been much of a return for them but it would have been something so there must be another reason why they are so determined to keep us...........

face

Danceswithhorses

They have such a good track record of paying rent as well, nothing for NTFC to be worried about then when it turns out that Fishers expected 5K a match is just him and his dog.
Hope they do default, but surely they wouldnt try that trick again - would make cordoza (NT chairman), and FL look like the muppets they are, and create even more enemies for sisu/otium/arvo/sconset etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread