SISU to come good? (1 Viewer)

O

odysseus

I still haven't ruled out the possibility that SISU will come good for CCFC. There is the possibility they have been cutting out the deadwood in the business, and the team. At some point will start rebuilding. We have a strong academy which has to be good for the long term future of CCFC. SISU have always stated they are here for the long haul.

They are hard hitting business people who are obviously very good at what they do. Not saying that relegation was planned, or that they have not made mistakes so far. But I like the way they have brought the council to the negotiating table.

But could this be short term pain for long term gain?

Johnrambo

I really dont think so, i would really like to think that SISU is changing but no. Not after so many years at the club, SISU only wants the rent down because they dont want to lose more money.

Stoppercurtis

You don't come into football to make money. You come into it for the love of the game. How many clubs continuously make a significant profit? Sufficient to interest real and I mean real interest from the City. Very few indeed adn certainly not clubs like CCFC.

It has been an experiment for them which has been a disaster. I'm sure if they had their time again they would not touch us with a barge pole!

The issue now is how long can they continue to lose alot of money before they call it a day?

Stopper

withnail

I think we are just a number on a spreadsheet.
A big red number with a dash in front of it a shed load of trailing digits.
Who knows what they're going to do but my gut feeling is that they are ice cold descision makers.
I'm holding my breath.
But, I really hope you're right Odysseus.

Sub

they want to make money and do not care what they have to do to give their investors a profit, so do not think for a minute they give a crap about the fans, club, council or ACL they want it all and for nothing !!!

sparky

I think even when or if they break even and start living within there means the money we make in general and the money we make by transfers will go to either to pay the loan or to the investors because thats what there here for!

rob9872

Bollocks!

The biggest indicator to me that they are not to be trusted happened 18 months and about three boards ago. The lies, the not buying of the ground and the lack of investment hurt, but to sanction a great prospect for the opportunity of a quick buck when Conor Thomas went to Liverpool, told us all we ever needed to know about their intentions and that they were business people who do not understand football at all.

withnail

Think about it this way.
You’ve bought an old car that needs doing up. you buy it as a project but want it to be your main car as well and get you from A to B.
It’s old but it was good in its day, not top of the range or anything, let’s say a Morris Minor.
It serves you well at first but quickly it starts to require more and more money spending on it to keep it going.
Every year the MOT costs you more just to keep it running at a slightly degraded level.
You should really plough some money into it to get it looking and running nice then it would be a great car like it used to be.
But there’s a recession on and you just haven’t got the cash. The trouble is the longer you leave those bits of rust, the bigger they get.
Then this last 12 months things have got really bad, lots of problems lots of bills.
It runs OK around town but take it away for the weekend and it always breaks down (apart from one great day out in Hull).
Then it fails MOT big time, the ‘cylinder heads have gone’ (whatever that means). It’s going to cost you an arma and a leg.

So what do you do? spend the money for another year of temperamental expensive motoring or scrap it.
You might even get a tenner for scrap.
Nobody seems to want to buy it as a project so maybe just scrap it.
You try negotiating with the garage to drop their prices but they’re skint to.
It‘d be a shame to scrap a Morris Minor but if no one else wants it so what can you do?

Wrenstreetcarpark

Think about it this way.
You’ve bought an old car that needs doing up. you buy it as a project but want it to be your main car as well and get you from A to B.
It’s old but it was good in its day, not top of the range or anything, let’s say a Morris Minor.
It serves you well at first but quickly it starts to require more and more money spending on it to keep it going.
Every year the MOT costs you more just to keep it running at a slightly degraded level.
You should really plough some money into it to get it looking and running nice then it would be a great car like it used to be.
But there’s a recession on and you just haven’t got the cash. The trouble is the longer you leave those bits of rust, the bigger they get.
Then this last 12 months things have got really bad, lots of problems lots of bills.
It runs OK around town but take it away for the weekend and it always breaks down (apart from one great day out in Hull).
Then it fails MOT big time, the ‘cylinder heads have gone’ (whatever that means). It’s going to cost you an arma and a leg.

So what do you do? spend the money for another year of temperamental expensive motoring or scrap it.
You might even get a tenner for scrap.
Nobody seems to want to buy it as a project so maybe just scrap it.
You try negotiating with the garage to drop their prices but they’re skint to.
It‘d be a shame to scrap a Morris Minor but if no one else wants it so what can you do?

If you are Sisu you ask them to give you the garage so that you don't have to pay to get the Morris on the road AND you can make a profit from the rest of the work that the garage does.

rob9872

With your beloved old car though, you can scrap it OR you can patch it up, accept that you have spent more on it than you will ever recover and get back what you can for it from some unsuspecting mug (Gary Hoffman). This is the part that SISU don't seem to be able to accept.

As a 19 year old selling my first car, dad said to me "first loss is best loss". I ignored him at the time but he was right. I still didn't get what I wanted for it and spent more money re-adverstising. My over-estimation of it's true worth was the added value to me for the care and effort I had put into maintaining it. The value to a potential buyer was therefore significantly less.

Users who are viewing this thread