Sisu to buy half of Ricoh (1 Viewer)

mattylad

reported here http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2012/05/12/coventry-city-owners-sisu-in-talks-to-buy-half-share-in-ricoh-arena-92746-30953892/

Otis

In talks to buy half the arena isn't quite the same as 'Sisu to buy half the Ricoh' is it.

Remember last time when they said they intended to buy the stadium?

mexico88

Totally misleading article.

Everything doesn't hang on the talks.

And we definately wouldn't have 11 kids playing at the war memorial park as AFC Coventry.

Typical lazy, assumptive reporting from the Sisu Evening Telegraph.

i might be wrong but i havent seen anywhere that sisu are in talks to buy half the ricoh all ive seen is that they want some of the cash from food drink and car park. please do correct me if im wrong :)

torchomatic

Otis

You have to ask then if that were the case, where the fook has Jon Gaunt got his info from?

Soon as I saw it I thought it ridiculous, because we have constantly been told that only half the stadium would be up for grabs anyway,

kingharvest

Must admit, when I read the CET I thought it was an appalling, lazy, unsubstantiated article.

The CET is a rag now, I long for the days of Adam
Dent!

torchomatic

Ah, so wishing cancer on someone is ''banter'', is it Twatboy? My mom and mother-in-law died of cancer, so to read that shit fro Valiant is pretty upsetting. And to make matters worse you make a little SISU saviour dig out of it. You really are a c**t.

I've had it on here now.

Agreed, awful.

Don't have a go at our '...saviours...'. Idiot.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

A half share in the Ricoh is £20m, SISU stated last summer they had £10m saved towards getting the half share.
Yet didn't help the football club one iota!
On one hand they plead poverty, on the other claim to have their half share money ready!

theprince

Fuck off and die of cancer sisu. Ah that's better.
There will be people on here who have witnessed this terrible disease, either personally or re: a loved one. This is a terrible comment.

Do adminstrators read these threads ? . This is the type of gutter comment you would expect on GMK.

torchomatic

Well, wankers like LBB seem to think its amusing. What a guy!

Otis

I didn't take it seriously.

I've had relatives die of cancer and wasn't offended by this. This is the way Valliant talks. Big, broad, and rather OTT. He just went over the top to make his point.

If you don't like it either block him so you don't see his posts or ignore it. As he was talking about Sisu, which is a body rather than an individual it didn't bother me at all. If he had said he wanted Joy Sepalla to die of cancer or any other individual then it would have been a different matter.

Bottom line is, don't take it too seriously. I would never tslk in this manner but this is the way this particular poster puts his point across. Just ignore him if you don't like what he says. His vitriolic post was against a business not an individual.

sylus

i never took it seriously..althou reading other comments on here...some seem to have..

Sky Blue Kid

it wasnt a personnal attack on any individual,more that sisu is the cancer of our club...

The comment should NOT have been made though mate. A lot of posters on these forums have lost family and friends to this terrible disease, and that includes me. Banter is one thing....THAT statement however is not.

sylus

The comment should NOT have been made though mate. A lot of posters on these forums have lost family and friends to this terrible disease, and that includes me. Banter is one thing....THAT statement however is not.

Tbh..i have lost one or two family members to cancer myself,you would be hard pushed not to meet anyone who hasnt...but still think its a little over the top..it is just banter..not perssonal..

1nilandwe...

Banter is light-hearted and it didn't come across as light-hearted even if it was meant that way.

Back to the original post, if SISU did somehow manage to buy half of the stadium and then brought in a few members of playing staff, would we be willing to give them another crack at it? Or has the dishonesty and carelessness gone too far regardless?

Sky Blue Kid

They would have to prove 100% comittment to CCFC as a football club (Not just the stadium)
befor I will trust them again.

torchomatic

Well, you and Otis can make all the excuses you want. It isn't banter. The phrase "fuck off and die of cancer" has no place on a forum or anywhere else. Its a pathetic, evil thing to say and those who excuse it are no better in my opinion.

These kind of posts illustrate why the CET forum is sadly missed. They wouldn't have stood it. A sad reflection on SBT.

I'm off.

Tbh..i have lost one or two family members to cancer myself,you would be hard pushed not to meet anyone who hasnt...but still think its a little over the top..it is just banter..not perssonal..

Grendel

Well, you and Otis can make all the excuses you want. It isn't banter. The phrase "feck off and die of cancer" has no place on a forum or anywhere else. Its a pathetic, evil thing to say and those who excuse it are no better in my opinion.
These kind of posts illustrate why the CET forum is sadly
missed. They wouldn't have stood it. A sad reflection on
SBT.

I'm off.

To be fair the majority on here support your stance. The phrase was not any kind of banter it was clearly not necessary and will clearly offend some.

sylus

Well, you and Otis can make all the excuses you want. It isn't banter. The phrase "fuck off and die of cancer" has no place on a forum or anywhere else. Its a pathetic, evil thing to say and those who excuse it are no better in my opinion.

These kind of posts illustrate why the CET forum is sadly missed. They wouldn't have stood it. A sad reflection on SBT.

I'm off.

i am not making excuses for anyone...i have my own opinion...believe it or not..now!! this really isnt my arguement.im just looking at it from a mature point of view..unlike some...you dont know me...so please dont judge me..

Users who are viewing this thread