sisu strikes again (2 Viewers)

Godiva

Course I wouldn't you banana!

Does it not trouble you that by the end of the season the squad will be less than 10 experienced players?

Maybe Presley will buy replacements then?

Godiva

Where do you stand on the whole mess Godiva?

Oh how have you missed the fact that I am Fisher/Seppala/Duliu/Onye/Brody depending on the point in time. If I am not one of them then at the very least I am a sisu plant. Even if that should not be true, then I am a sisu apologist for sure.

Between you and me - I believe the club and stadium should be owned by the same owner - whoever that is - and kept under the SBS&L umbrella. I also think all parties involved are as bad as the other when it comes to spinning facts. They are equally trustworthy.

Sky Blue Pete

Oh how have you missed the fact that I am Fisher/Seppala/Duliu/Onye/Brody depending on the point in time. If I am not one of them then at the very least I am a sisu plant. Even if that should not be true, then I am a sisu apologist for sure.

Between you and me - I believe the club and stadium should be owned by the same owner - whoever that is - and kept under the SBS&L umbrella. I also think all parties involved are as bad as the other when it comes to spinning facts. They are equally trustworthy.

On what do you base those assertions?

Godiva

Sky Blue Pete

I don't want to - I want to understand your position now.

You got a little frustrated when i put 1% chance of winning the JR but you have made similar assertions based on just as little evidence. I am just interested in how someone can see something so different from the vast majority of CCFC supporters

I think even John Mutton would agree that the Ricoh should be owned by CCFC - Just not from under the SISU umbrella as they can no longer be trusted. Do we not need them to move on to get our CCFC back?

@richh87

Some of you wind up merchants need to get a life sticking up for SISU.

You do realise we're in League 1 because they sold everyone they could and took us down - and continue to do it.

Things get worse and worse under them. I dread to think what's next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmttww

You people criticising us making loan signings realise that clubs charge fees for loans, right? Hundreds of thousands in a lot of cases. If you think there's money to be 'pocketed' from operating this club as it stands, do some number crunching. Let's say 20 players x £2k per week average, that's £2m a year. Then 2k attendance x £15 per ticket, £750k tops in gate receipts. Even with the Arsenal windfall and the Clarke transfer, that's pennies left. Don't make out that the club's a cash cow and overlook what's been a decent 24 hours in the transfer market.

The owners made some shitty decisions and the situation the club's in is a joke, but don't start posting shite. Two good signings, time to make more. These aren't panic signings on deadline day, and they're players filling positions where we have gaps. A striker with Clarke's build, some pace and real potential and someone to compete with Moussa and Baker. They are better for us than McGuire and Dagnall when you factor in the system we use. We also signed Seabourne. Add a quick striker that can finish with Wilson to come back and we may well end the window better placed than when it opened.

Waggot and Pressley have delivered so far when they needed to so let's take these new players to Notts County next week, back them up with 3k plus SBA and kick on again.

PUSB

Sky Blue Pete

mmttww - I don't disagree with a lot of that but what does the future hold? Investment was promised to the Football league, Tim Fisher was warned that 90% of fans wouldn't watch home games out of Coventry, the financial situation is no surprise!

Seabourne did sign for 18 months - maybe that's when the game ends - that's my fear

Godiva

I don't want to - I want to understand your position now.

You got a little frustrated when i put 1% chance of winning the JR but you have made similar assertions based on just as little evidence. I am just interested in how someone can see something so different from the vast majority of CCFC supporters

I think even John Mutton would agree that the Ricoh should be owned by CCFC - Just not from under the SISU umbrella as they can no longer be trusted. Do we not need them to move on to get our CCFC back?

My position hasn't changed much over the years.

A friendly solution will only happen if all persons involved were replaced. A Merger of ACL and CCFC will never happen as long as Fisher and PWKH are involved. It won't happen as long as various politicians can harvest political capital by interfering and use the media and even the parliament for personal exposure.
So there's very little chance of a friendly solution any time soon.

That leaves a forced solution.
Either sisu leaves and hand over their ownership to ARVO - possible if they lose the JR - or CCC will be put in a position where they 'have to' recall the loan to ACL and that could in the end lead to the club buying the loan and the shares in ACL. Complicated but possible.
So I think we could still go back to the Ricoh and be a lot stronger than when we left.

rodders

I think ccc are shitting themselves misappropriation of tax payers money is a serious business did the councilors know what they were voting for who gave them the advice??

Nick

Administrator
mmttww - I don't disagree with a lot of that but what does the future hold? Investment was promised to the Football league, Tim Fisher was warned that 90% of fans wouldn't watch home games out of Coventry, the financial situation is no surprise!

Seabourne did sign for 18 months - maybe that's when the game ends - that's my fear

Wasn't the investment mainly covering losses etc?

Sky Blue Pete

I think ccc are shitting themselves misappropriation of tax payers money is a serious business did the councilors know what they were voting for who gave them the advice??

I think they would have and would certainly have had advice from wise counsel

Sky Blue Pete

My position hasn't changed much over the years.

A friendly solution will only happen if all persons involved were replaced. A Merger of ACL and CCFC will never happen as long as Fisher and PWKH are involved. It won't happen as long as various politicians can harvest political capital by interfering and use the media and even the parliament for personal exposure.
So there's very little chance of a friendly solution any time soon.

That leaves a forced solution.
Either sisu leaves and hand over their ownership to ARVO - possible if they lose the JR - or CCC will be put in a position where they 'have to' recall the loan to ACL and that could in the end lead to the club buying the loan and the shares in ACL. Complicated but possible.
So I think we could still go back to the Ricoh and be a lot stronger than when we left.
We'd certainly be stronger playing at the Ricoh under any set of parameters than now

Godiva

We'd certainly be stronger playing at the Ricoh under any set of parameters than now

Are you sure?
Try compare this season to last.
We are certainly better on the football side, but I suspect we are even better off financially.

italiahorse

14 million pounds of council tax to prop up acl

Its a loan at commercial rates. The only thing that can be bought to task is that they are taking the risk with with the money that banks may not be prepared to take.
Since they own the asset that ACL are leasing it's a risk they are better off taking.

What on earth do you mean?

Who's been funding the club for years?

Have you considered the loans may ( or may not? ) have an 'option to buy' clause.

Please grow-up and open your mind.

What funding are you dreaming off, is it the funding that has taken us to a crap ground 35miles away and into the 3rd tier of english football. Do not open up your mind just wake up.

Why spend money now when playoffs are now out of sight this season.
Best to wait to the summer.
Anything that happens is sisu fault are't we lucky we have someone to blame.
Have you not realised that crowds of 2,000 does not bring in enough money to invest in a Team. SP been able to bring in two loanees that would be way out of our budget, if purchased.

Do crowds of 10,000 to 20,000 bring in enough money to invest in the team, tell me why they did not invest in the team then.

georgehudson

about time for Joy to make her annual rattle,
so that all those who have been hypnotised can trot out the 'oh yes joy'
potential gullibility rating 0/10

mark82

What you have to think is what did the council do with the £20m ACL gave them 6 years ago. You will find they did not use council tax to prop up ACL.

It's hard to tell as the council refused to hand over evidence. That is essentially what pushed the judge into a full hearing. That makes me wonder if there is something to hide. I would rather wait until all evidence is available before making my mind up who is at fault.

smouch1975

If the title was 'SISU strikes back' we could have had 'return of the SISU' , 'phantom SISU', 'a new SISU' all sorts really.

Astute

Same old crap I see.

Tax payers money not used. CCC got a loan at a better rate than ACL could have got. ...That is if they could have got a loan. Is this illegal? Don't think so. Were SISU forced out of the Ricoh? The FL know they could even go back for free this season. Did ACL try and get a forced sale of our club? If so to who? And if this is so wrong and it did happen SISU have been trying to do a forced sale of the stadium.

CCC by law can't let them have the stadium on the cheap by law so how can there be a law broken by safeguarding the Ricoh?

To me it is all about putting pressure on ACL. Last roll of the dice.

kingharvest

Its a loan at commercial rates. The only thing that can be bought to task is that they are taking the risk with with the money that banks may not be prepared to take.
Since they own the asset that ACL are leasing it's a risk they are better off taking.

Doesn't matter if it's a loan - read State Aid law. It's a transfer of state resource that has the potential to distort competition. Nothing to do with risk...state aid is EU competition policy.

Oh, and just on the original topic, I'd rather we loaned good players than signed bad ones.

torchomatic

Yes. Same crap. I thought the money came from Council reserves and not another loan. Could be wrong. If that's the case then it was tax payers money.

Same old crap I see.

Tax payers money not used. CCC got a loan at a better rate than ACL could have got. ....

torchomatic

This is a great point. People moaning we hadn't signed Dagnell. I said the other day that I was never that impressed with him. He didn't seem to fit in with the Pressley "pressing" game philosophy he bangs on about. I'd rather we had the guy from Villa on loan that sign players - Like Mansett who we had to get rid of - just to get bodies into the squad.

If the "right" players aren't there, then what's the point in signing anyone just for the sake of it.

Oh, and just on the original topic, I'd rather we loaned good players than signed bad ones.

Users who are viewing this thread