SISU, St Andrews, Bury and Bolton (2 Viewers)

CanadianCCFC

Was just wondering, aside from the sad demise of Bury, is it now the case that only 3 will get relegated from league 1 and that the 'missing' team (Bury) will be replaced in league 2 next year by an additional Conference club (or whatever it is now called?)
Isn’t it just 1 relegated from League 2 and the usual 2 up from nonleague?

BornSlippySkyBlue

Isn’t it just 1 relegated from League 2 and the usual 2 up from nonleague?
Nope:

League One will now comprise of 23 Clubs for the remainder of the campaign and relegation places in the division reduced to three, which will result in a full complement of 24 Clubs in 2020/21. A discussion will take place with EFL Clubs on the consequential impact in League Two when Clubs next meet in September 2019

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Fine with your overall sentiments, but whilst the move to Northampton was inexcusable (and SISU's fault), the blame for the move to Birmingham lies at the feet of several parties, and had we not moved, we could easily be standing alongside Bury
Funny thing is that’s precisely what some of our fans - along with a certain board member of our supporters trust wanted

Adge

It's what happens when you make a big song and dance about what you won't do and why and then do it.

As I said, very much a u turn in regards to sisu.
Yeah that’s it.

SkyblueBazza

Laughable. What about all those on here, Facebook, Twitter etc who've spouted "NOPM" in the past?
In fairness NOPM came about before the Sickfields panto - did it largely die off upon the Ricoh return? Not really retained much traction since from what I can tell. Yes there are some that think playing at home anywhere but Cov is not acceptable- but is that the same thing as NOPM?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Can Nick please 2 foot Adge (on line, not in reality) and then can Adge produce one of his red cards, and send Nick off. The argument can then end in an honourable draw!

Adge

Can Nick please 2 foot Adge (on line, not in reality) and then can Adge produce one of his red cards, and send Nick off. The argument can then end in an honourable draw!
Like it! But we all know that will never happen as we all know who likes to have the last word.....;)

ccfc1234

No from me , never say I wont go to Brum , but I am saving a lot of money, I always wondered how peopled turned from going to football every week to just a passive interest , but I guess that's starting to happen to me , football has always been about habit , that's why you go in the dark days , for SISU to break that once , with Northampton was inexcusable and showed that they just didn't know there customers, to do it twice is unforgivable, reckless and cruel

No offense but you seem the very definition of a fair weather fan.
SISU have not moved the club to Birmingham to spite fans like you, they have done it because they are trying to do what they think is best for their investment (our club) in the long run.
If they had the choice we would be playing in CV6 every other weekend. Does anyone seriously think SISU want less money each week from fans attending games just to spite our fan base?

We have the European court case under review and wasps feeling the financial pinch year on year.

I desperately want us back at the Ricoh asap but not at any cost. IF the club will be in a better place in a few years because of the move, for the sake of my toddlers and the other city fans of tomorrow, I support their current actions. There is a proverb that goes; no pain no gain and I feel to some degree this applies.Lets also not forget the Northampton move did have the desired effect of distressing the Ricoh and was so effective the Council lost their sh*t with being strong armed by SISU so much so they felt it appropriate to sell the stadium to a soulless sporting franchise.

Bury and more specifically Bolton are a great example of what can happen and without the likes of Maddison, Wilson, Bayliss momey etc that could be us right now.

To those that stay away quietly, fine, but to those who preach from a moralistic ivory tower and who refuse to go to SA. I am sure your fully aware it is people like you who jepodise the existiance of our club as you were literally not prepared to go the extra mile for a team you profess to love.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread