sisu ....re sir jack haywoods funeral (1 Viewer)

lagger

Thats what football means to fans ..seppala fisher and all you just dont get it so just sod off

bigfatronssba

In fairness I think Fisher's or Seppala's funeral would attract far more people than Sir Jack Heywood's did! I would be at the front of the queue just to make sure their dead.

My mate is a Wolves fan, and I went with him to the game when they were holding tributes to him. It was very heart warming to see how a football owner can be so close to the fans. Made me angry as well though!

They were in a similar position to how we are now when he took over them. Foreign owners who knew nothing of football, at odds with the local council, rubbish squad, attendances at all time lows, new ground needed, no money, no prospects, no future.

skybluetony176

I was talking about him to a mate who's a big Wolves fan and he wasn't just a great footballing man. He apparently gave millions away including buying Lundy Island (I think that's right) which is located in the Severn estuary and then donating it to the national trust ensuring this wildlife haven was safe from developer's.

JimmyHillsbeard

I was talking about him to a mate who's a big Wolves fan and he wasn't just a great footballing man. He apparently gave millions away including buying Lundy Island (I think that's right) which is located in the Severn estuary and then donating it to the national trust ensuring this wildlife haven was safe from developer's.

wildlife havens... tax havens... putting up the money for Jeremy Thorpe's defence against a conspiracy to murder charge.... a veritable saint!

bigfatronssba

wildlife havens... tax havens... putting up the money for Jeremy Thorpe's defence against a conspiracy to murder charge.... a veritable saint!

Jeremy Thorpe was found innocent so surely a good thing?

Hobo

Great club. Great man. Thanks Jack for just being Jack. We could do with a few more.

bigfatronssba

Apart from his rabid xenophobia of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean because he was quoted as saying he wanted someone from Wolverhampton to own the club rather than a foreigner?

You would have to be suffering from some severe mental issues to prefer Mamud from Dubai owning CCFC than someone from Allesley.

AndreasB

You mean because he was quoted as saying he wanted someone from Wolverhampton to own the club rather than a foreigner?

You would have to be suffering from some severe mental issues to prefer Mamud from Dubai owning CCFC than someone from Allesley.

Oh dear . Don't make it worse for yourself .

bigfatronssba

Oh dear . Don't make it worse for yourself .

Don't worry, I'm not.

I just find it laughable that you accuse a man who fought Nazism as being a Xenophobe.

DazzleTommyDazzle

My Dad played football with Sir Jack, long before the knighthood.

Said he was a great bloke.

All I know is that he got us a couple of tickets for the '87 cup final :claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread