SISU/Otium to sell to Byng & the Chinese ??? (1 Viewer)

CarpyCov84

See Byng was at the game last night with SISU/Otium directors...

Anything in this ??? Possible sale ???

shmmeee

Hope not. The guy can't even organise a proper bid and AFAIK had no plans for fan involvement/ownership, vital IMO if we're going to avoid the crap we've been through in the last 25 years.

CarpyCov84

Hope not. The guy can't even organise a proper bid and AFAIK had no plans for fan involvement/ownership, vital IMO if we're going to avoid the crap we've been through in the last 25 years.

Good point but it don't hide the fact he was there last night with SISU directors...

Why would that be..........

shmmeee

Good point but it don't hide the fact he was there last night with SISU directors...

Why would that be..........

Well I have a sneaky feeling the JR decision, and the finality of the tone to it, might just have changed SISUs master plan and selling up is next on the list. Of course this being Sisu Id expect them to sell anything of value first.

Or maybe he's just a City fan with friends in high places.

Manchester_sky_blue

I think its safe to assume that he can organise a bid but just didnt for whatever reason.

Perhaps Tim had a quiet word in his lughole that if he dropped his bid SISU would do a deal with him once they regained control. Pure speculation but its feasible and would explain why he is seemingly still around.

CarpyCov84

I just don't get why he was there last night at Leyton Orient of all places ok it's London he could be based there but it still is very odd...

Sba180

Hope not. Already openly stated that they have no interest in the football club, which would explain why SISU would want to deal with them and not PH4

skyblueman

Don't care at this point who it might be - If SISU don't sell out real quick it's really going to be all over soon

chiefdave

he could line up 2 side by side transactions

this is what I don't get. whenever he makes a comment he seems to be massively over complicating things. Make a deal to buy everything SISU has and make a deal to buy ACL. If he can't grasp this concept then there's not much hope with him really is there.

Manchester_sky_blue

this is what I don't get. whenever he makes a comment he seems to be massively over complicating things. Make a deal to buy everything SISU has and make a deal to buy ACL. If he can't grasp this concept then there's not much hope with him really is there.

Didnt he say previously that he had a deal in principle agreed with the Higgs to buy their half?

chiefdave

Didnt he say previously that he had a deal in principle agreed with the Higgs to buy their half?

No idea but he seems to keep moaning about it being 2 separate entities at the moment which doesn't seem that big of a deal to me, it's not the most complex business transaction in the world to buy 2 things and then merge them into 1!!

Sutty

Wasn't Byng talking about investing in the club, as opposed to an outright takeover? Would also align with what SISU have been saying for a few years that they'd be interested in co-investment, but not a takeover.

Manchester_sky_blue

No idea but he seems to keep moaning about it being 2 separate entities at the moment which doesn't seem that big of a deal to me, it's not the most complex business transaction in the world to buy 2 things and then merge them into 1!!

Well really, they dont even have to be merged, as long as the two entities are owned by the same people it doesnt really matter, you just make both club and stadium subsidiaries of whatever vehicle you have used to make the purchases.

hill83

Hope not. Already openly stated that they have no interest in the football club, which would explain why SISU would want to deal with them and not PH4

Pretty sure that didn't happen. They said their main interest was the Ricoh and the surrounding land, but so what? If to get that part of it is investing in the club then that can only be good news.

Moff

Maybe Byng has been wooed by Timmy and just was there for a bit of man love for him

italiahorse

Nobody in there right mind would have bid for CCFC Ltd as it didn't include the players (Should have done but that's a different matter).
Perhaps his business acumen told him he was wasting his time.
To be honest my Mum could do a better job than SISU so bring him on.

percy

Well really, they dont even have to be merged, as long as the two entities are owned by the same people it doesnt really matter, you just make both club and stadium subsidiaries of whatever vehicle you have used to make the purchases.

How would this work with the ffp rules. Would both businesses constitute one overall income?????

skyblueinBaku

I can't imagine anyone in their right mind becoming a co-investor with Sisu and working in partnership with them. At least, not unless they had very deep pockets and the best lawyers in the world.

chiefdave

How would this work with the ffp rules. Would both businesses constitute one overall income?????

Not sure if, even when merged, all income would be counted. Isn't it just football income? Even if not merged you could do some sort of cross invoicing as ACL proposed in the past.

percy

Not sure if, even when merged, all income would be counted. Isn't it just football income? Even if not merged you could do some sort of cross invoicing as ACL proposed in the past.

otherwise why bother. the main objective in purchasing the ricoh is for this very reason isnt it. well it is for us fans and anyone else who has the club at heart anyway.

quinn1971

Think we now know were the funding for the new ground will be coming from....He said they will be interested in buying if the club and ground are one....They will be when the new grounds built...maybe fishers telling the truth for once...They're not interested in the ricoh.Build a new ground rejoin the club back together and sell it for a nice little profit.....?

Diehard Si

I couldn't give a damn about fan involvement if the person owning it was the right man.

RegTheDonk

His interest is the Ricoh because of the rail links and HS2. Cant see the logic in investing in a new stadium...brandon etc wont be in the scheme he proposed which we saw in a pdf a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread