SISU/OTIUM business Acumen (1 Viewer)

TheUKGryphon

Steve Waggott has said that we'll get the best price from whoever signs Leon Clarke. SISU are masters at the 'Undisclosed Fee' smokescreen so how will the fans who despise them anyway find out. After selling out for Arsenal before they reached General Sale and sending back 3500 tickets that they could have easily sold thereby doing an already cash strapped club out of nearly £90K, I wouldn't trust these inept owners to negotiate the selling of any player for more than two pints and a pack of fags.

Rant over!

TheUKGryphon

Did they it did they not send back 3500 tickets in the top tier? And when exactly was the last time we sold a player and was told how much we got for them?

mrtrench

Steve Waggott has said that we'll get the best price from whoever signs Leon Clarke. SISU are masters at the 'Undisclosed Fee' smokescreen so how will the fans who despise them anyway find out. After selling out for Arsenal before they reached General Sale and sending back 3500 tickets that they could have easily sold thereby doing an already cash strapped club out of nearly £90K, I wouldn't trust these inept owners to negotiate the selling of any player for more than two pints and a pack of fags.

Rant over!

You're a loony.

We get 50% of the gate irrespective of who buys the tickets. Did you think there is a survey on the gate asking people who they support and allocating funds accordingly?

Maybe the fans who despise SISU will ask the fans who love SISU what the Leon Clarke transfer fee will be.

skybluetony176

You need to look at the facts because what you've quoted us fiction IMHO!

We're still waiting for you to quote these facts and figures that you going on about and must know. otherwise you can't factually claim others opinions aren't fact.

mrtrench

We're still waiting for you to quote these facts and figures that you going on about and must know. otherwise you can't factually claim others opinions aren't fact.

Errr... yes he can. I agree RFC is also a complete loon, but that doesn't stop him asking others to support their opinions - even factually.

Are you by any chance Tony the Tiger from the Frosties adverts? Another famous city fan perchance?

Tonylinc

You're a loony.

We get 50% of the gate irrespective of who buys the tickets. Did you think there is a survey on the gate asking people who they support and allocating funds accordingly?

Maybe the fans who despise SISU will ask the fans who love SISU what the Leon Clarke transfer fee will be.
Wrong.....we get 45% of the gate.

stupot07

Rant over!

How have they done themselves out of nearly £90k? That's presuming all 3500 are adult tickets, plus the VAT needs taken off then the club get 45% of what's left.

And 99% of transfers are now undisclosed - all bar about 3 permanent transfers so far this window have been undisclosed.

Out of all the crap going on your pick out those two points??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hobo

Stella thread?

bigfatronssba

You need to look at the facts because what you've quoted us fiction IMHO!

How's that business model coming along that shows us why playing in Northampton makes financial sense?

wingy

Yep, and that's after all costs have been paid (matchday costs, vat,etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I wonder what that equates to,anything over 12K. and i smell blood.:eek:;)

skybluesam66

60000 tickets ave £35 after taking corporates etc £2.1m net of costs and vat 1,5m
45% = 675k
150k tv
75k sponsorship

70 k for beating barnsley

thats near enough £1m for reaching this round

compared to

23 games at sixfields x 2000 people x £10 ave ticket (net of vat) = £460k

so earnt twice as much from 1 game as every home game put together

stupot07

60000 tickets ave £35 after taking corporates etc £2.1m net of costs and vat 1,5m
45% = 675k
150k tv
75k sponsorship

compared to

I doubt that even with corporates the average ticket price will be £35?

wingy

their normal matchday take was around £3.5M. when they moved in ,probably based on around £50-£60 per head.

Specs WT-R75

Don't forget that arsenal season tickets have fa cup included so we get a good deal on that. We will EASILY make the above probably more as the only tickets that are going on the cheaper are mostly the away allocation....

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

45% = 675k
150k tv
75k sponsorship

compared to

Don't forget the thousands from the shirt sponsorship

georgehudson

i think the OP was merely trying to re-kindle the debate as to whether our esteemed owners are fit & proper,
& further, ask the question,
in which, what, or who's opinion, do they qualify, as being 'fit & proper'

Como

Overall they have not been fit and proper, however this thread is irrelevant to that discussion.

Stafford_SkBlue

Undisclosed transfer values are widely used in the football world, not something unique to SISU.
Pointless blaming SISU - blame the whole football community for that.

The club did not send the tickets back - they had an option for them that had to be exercised by a certain date.
If tickets taken the club would have to buy them in full with no refund from Arsenal, for any not sold.
The tickets would have been around £36 for a cat c game, considerably more then the lower tier.

Snozz_is_god

You're a loony.

No we don't, each club get's 45% with the remaining 10% going to the FA

bigfatronssba

Hedge funds take over businesses, quickly restructure then (usually by dismissing loads of people and closing down all the unprofitable divisions of the company) try and sell on for a quick profit. Their only "skill" is to threaten legal action and to "batter people in court".

Their ignorance and incompetence in their efforts to try and run a business is what has become apparent over the last few years.

They do not know how to please their customers.

They do not appreciate the importance of keeping their suppliers onside.

They do not understand football or football fans.

They have no concept of brand loyalty.

They have no understanding of developing and growing a business.

They have no understanding of purchasing large assets for their business.

They have no understanding of developing a large construction project.

They have no understanding of local planning laws or regulations.

They have no concept or ability of good PR.

They do not like public scrutiny or criticism.

They do not understand that newspapers are free to publish unflattering articles about them if they wish.

All of these things combine to create a situation where our owners don't have a clue on how to run a business like Ccfc for any real length of time.

How anyone can have any faith in them is beyond me.

Hobo

Hedge funds take over businesses, quickly restructure then (usually by dismissing loads of people and closing down all the unprofitable divisions of the company) try and sell on for a quick profit. Their only "skill" is to threaten legal action and to "batter people in court".

Their ignorance and incompetence in their efforts to try and run a business is what has become apparent over the last few years.

They do not know how to please their customers.

They do not appreciate the importance of keeping their suppliers onside.

They do not understand football or football fans.

They have no concept of brand loyalty.

They have no understanding of developing and growing a business.

They have no understanding of purchasing large assets for their business.

They have no understanding of developing a large construction project.

They have no understanding of local planning laws or regulations.

They have no concept or ability of good PR.

They do not like public scrutiny or criticism.

They do not understand that newspapers are free to publish unflattering articles about them if they wish.

All of these things combine to create a situation where our owners don't have a clue on how to run a business like Ccfc for any real length of time.

How anyone can have any faith in them is beyond me.

Joy studied real estate at University......an expert then, we all know how well prepared she'll be for the real world.

How anyone can have faith in them is beyond me......just strikes a chord with me!

torchomatic

I thought every team used the undisclosed fee "smokescreen"? I didn't realise it was just SISU. They must be involved in an awful lot of transfers then.

Covlad65

Arsenal sold out?.........Still 600 tickets left today!....So they havn't been done by 90K as Arsenal snapped all those tickets up and we still get our 45% share

Rant over!

Users who are viewing this thread