Sisu or the Hoff ? (1 Viewer)

Regis87

Now the season has finished it should get really interesting with players leaving , players coming , rumours and more rumours . Will Sisu invest , sell , wind the club up or carry on as normal . Will Hoffman , Elliott and the Chinese takeover ? If they do , will it be any better than It has been under Sisu ? These questions and more will be revealed in the next episode of " The Sky Blues Saga "

Last edited:

covcity4life

WILL THE HOFF KEEP THORN?

if yes: hoff

if no:sisu,lets see what they can do....they need to keep us in business for 46 games next season first!

RansonRarrr

Yea perhaps let's see how SISU do this season with Thorn.

Anyway - who's the Chinese people mentioned in the post above ?

Lord_Nampil

I don't think there will be a take over! Listening to car on Friday night, investment seems to be the way forward! With shares of the club being sold to them! I also don't think the hoff will be the investor which I'm sure will become clear over the summer.

Lord_Nampil

I think the picture is bigger than just shares, i.e. buying back the share of the ground that we Coventry City (not SISU) should own.

Tankie

Now the season has finished it should get really interesting with players leaving , players coming , rumours and more rumours . Will Sisu invest , sell , wind the club up or carry on as normal . Will Hoffman , Elliott and the Chinese takeover ? If they do , will it be any better than It has been under Sisu ? These questions and more will be revealed in the next episode of " The Sky Blues Saga "

Some very good questions Regis 87
and ones that need answering before the fans part with their hard earned money buying season tickets for next season.
at the moment no guarantees have been given on our future, and we are still operating under a transfer embargo due to an accounting problem.

It didn't take many weeks after sisus take over, when Joe Elliot affirmed, " We have entered an exciting new dawn for Coventry city Football Club" to realise that Sisu wern't the white knights that some fans thought they were, and after donning the chefs hat, were now finding the heat in the kitchen, more than a little, overbearing, they must have been Ill advised about the financial pain asscociated with ownership of an ailing football club, and then took a defensive, and unpopular action by selling two of our most promising players, Fox and Dann.

Since then, their tenure has been a secretive, behind closed doors, affair, with little or no attempt to bond with the fans, this was a serious mistake in my opinion, without the support of fans, any football Club, great or small, will surely struggle.

It is clear, and has been for some time, that the Sisu race has been well and truly run, and the excursion into Football ownership has become a huge millstone arround their soft skinned necks.

The need for a change of ownership is clear, be it a Hoffman consortium, or any other, but whoever takes over the club, must be able to take the pain, and throw more than nickles at dimes at the situation, if your'e after a proffit, keep out of football.

we are, at the present time, a team, not too far away from achieving our goal for next season, ie a play off spot, that is if we can hold on to our better players, without positive leadership from our Board, whoever they may be, the manager and team, in the last few games has shown that they are more than capable of delivering, good quality, entertaining football, which will certainly bring more fans to the Ricoh.
There's money, burning a hole in my pocket, for 4 tickets next season, i'm just waiting for the correct signal, before I commit.

Respect..Tank Top..

Macca

606 was shite, they were obsessd with WUMS and any new person making a point they didn't like was accused of being a wind up

covcity4life

606 was shite, they were obsessd with WUMS and any new person making a point they didn't like was accused of being a wind up

haha so true

valiant has a problem with me because i have never started a sisu out campaign, i have said it before and will say it again, whilst i understand frustration at not challenging and selling big players i am still thankfull that they saved us from admin.

if they do plunge us into admin in future then its different but right now they have kept my beloved club running for 3-4 years and valiant finishing 18th is better than being out of business to answer your question.:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread