sisu on the ropes (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

I think that this is a totally reasonable expectation and I agree.

With the new stadium, there is no way they will say more until a land deal is done and even then, I don't think they will give a location until the planning stage is ready to go. If the land is sorted then we will get some more details about the site development. They've been burnt by not being clear about timescales in the past (although I think, on balance, that Labovitch was mis-quoted) so they're rightly keeping schtum.

I s'pose I have a bit more faith because I'm so sodding deep in all of this so it's a lot easier to balance out an opinion. Then again, I still believe a Ricoh deal is possible if CCC & Sisu talk. We don't have to just accept the fact that Joy isn't interested.

And I can reveal that there are plans in motion to be more transparent about all of this but the timescale is also likely to be fluid so maybe in the new year.

Interesting line here Rob...what are those plans? If you cannot divulge exact details, any flavours of what this looks like?

WM

chiefdave

There have been plans to be transparent since 2007 but all we get is bullshit.

Exactly, how many statements have we had from SISU over the years about transparency and engaging with the fans and every time they're basically saying just go with what we are saying at the moment and we'll improve things in the future. There's only so many times you can try that trick before people will stop believing you. They're at the point now where they need to clearly explain what they are doing not just promise to explain it in the future and expect people to blindly support them.

NorthernWisdom

Exactly, how many statements have we had from SISU over the years about transparency and engaging with the fans and every time they're basically saying just go with what we are saying at the moment and we'll improve things in the future. There's only so many times you can try that trick before people will stop believing you. They're at the point now where they need to clearly explain what they are doing not just promise to explain it in the future and expect people to blindly support them.

Explain what they've done, too.

You don't have to give definitive answers about where and when things will happen, but you can detail what has been done to this point.

Covstu

i agree, we are argueably going through the toughest times as a supporter and we have not heard a peep from them about
1) The move back to the Ricoh (apart from minimal discussions)
2) Plans for the team this year
3) New ground
4) Counter bids for the ACL
5) why the friggin beer is warm!

shy_tall_knight

Rob S you have clearly been impressed by Joy S and to an extent convinced that SISU have a way forward but if you were there Saturday despite playing quite well it looked fairly pathetic few home fans, hardly any away fans but who in 2007 thought we'd be playing against Crawley, SISU talk a good game but we seem to be going in one direction only - I will need a hell of a lot of convincing

Rob S

Interesting line here Rob...what are those plans? If you cannot divulge exact details, any flavours of what this looks like?

WM
As far as I can gather a lot more info about the club and what is going on (or what has gone on) will be available. TBF, the current CCFC website has stepped up its game in terms of news & info and the likes of Fisher & Waggott are making themselves more available to fans, both at events and in general conversations.

I will always tell people that if they actually want to have a conversation with people at the club, rather than complain about things here, spend the time emailing the actual people at the club.

There are loads of avenues to get in touch...the Sky Blues Trust, the Supporters Consultative Group, direct emails to TF or SW and so forth. Hell, I'll even pass things on if you're desperate!

Two pieces of advice I will offer: Try and be polite and if you are complaining about something, try and offer a suggestion / solution / alternative. "This is terrible because of xxxxxx, and xxxxxx; why not look at how they do it at XYZ FC because it works really well for them."

You'd be surprised at how many good ideas get taken on board because the person putting them forward has done a bit of research or work to help the person they are complaining to, get things sorted. "The beer is warm and the selection is terrible." won't go as far as "The beer is warm and the selection is terrible. At other venues they operate at (e.g. XYZ FC), Compass provide local beers and have concourse trolleys to ease the queues as well as serving at the correct temperature. Contact Mr Bloke on xxx for more details."

Rob S

Rob S you have clearly been impressed by Joy S and to an extent convinced that SISU have a way forward but if you were there Saturday despite playing quite well it looked fairly pathetic few home fans, hardly any away fans but who in 2007 thought we'd be playing against Crawley, SISU talk a good game but we seem to be going in one direction only - I will need a hell of a lot of convincing
And I won't defend Sisu's behaviour since 2007 and neither will Joy to an extent. And I've been very blunt in telling her that until there's a successful team on the pitch consistently, we're going nowhere. IIRC I told her that until we get to 11th place in the Championship, Sisu have only failed at Cov. (We were 12th in the division when RR & Sisu took over.)

fernandopartridge

It's laughable how the fawning council idiots keep talking about 'transparency' when the council are not disclosing the detail of a deal to sell an apparent 'community asset' to Wasps.

Their PR arm otherwise known as the Coventry Telegraph has put this £30m headline figure about, but it all sounds a bit too wishy washy to me.

chiefdave

It's laughable how the fawning council idiots keep talking about 'transparency' when the council are not disclosing the detail of a deal to sell an apparent 'community asset' to Wasps.

Their PR arm otherwise known as the Coventry Telegraph has put this £30m headline figure about, but it all sounds a bit too wishy washy to me.

I'm not a local taxpayer but I'm sure for those that are it is fairly easy to speak to and question your councillors. I would imagine what councils do and don't disclose is covered by some form of regulation so if they aren't revealing information that should be in the public domain there would be a formal process to lodge a complaint.

The argument about transparency from the club is different. We have no right to know this information but if they want our support in moving forward on whatever plan they have then they need to give us a reason to trust and support them.

fernandopartridge

chief - there is the Freedom of Information Act, although the council should be proactive here. It shouldn't need individuals to request the information. I think the council will attempt to hide behind commercial confidentiality (as ACL is a limited company itself). It's the same stunt they pulled when they wouldn't disclose how much they spent on Weber Shandwick.

NorthernWisdom

chief - there is the Freedom of Information Act, although the council should be proactive here. It shouldn't need individuals to request the information. I think the council will attempt to hide behind commercial confidentiality (as ACL is a limited company itself). It's the same stunt they pulled when they wouldn't disclose how much they spent on Weber Shandwick.

Yeah, FOI can be got around if people want to. Confidential still stays confidential if it's politically expedient.

sky blue john

Lol !!
Always makes me laugh when the pro Sisu brigade throw about Weber Shadwick. Whoever they are ?

Houdi

And I won't defend Sisu's behaviour since 2007 and neither will Joy to an extent. And I've been very blunt in telling her that until there's a successful team on the pitch consistently, we're going nowhere. IIRC I told her that until we get to 11th place in the Championship, Sisu have only failed at Cov. (We were 12th in the division when RR & Sisu took over.)
Without meaning to sound rude to you,but in all these hours of talks with Joy/Tim/Mark et al what of any real significance have you and others managed to find out? Many years ago I remember being told that Disney on planning DisneyWorld in Orlando, originally set up company(s) to buy up land in Orlando on the quiet,in order not to send land prices through the roof. However SISU/CCFC are not really in any comparable situation. It's not like there are rival football clubs all trying to build new football stadiums in the Coventry area.
Even if you fear CCC will object, they would have plenty of time to object anyway once they applied for planning permission, it's not like they could buid a stadium without anyone noticing. The fact that no local authority has had any approaches 16/17/18 months after we were told this was a serious commitment, does rather suggest it is without any foundation.
Have they told you or others why they are continuing with these costly court cases, when they are 'apparently' concentrating on the new arena. If the Wasps deals goes through, and presumably the loan is then repaid, the case of legal/illegal state aid would surely be mainly irrelevant. Since Fisher was given the sole role of overseeing the new stadium, he has seemingly entered a period of purdah. Likewise it seems Garlick has disappeared of the face of the earth.
It appears that Joy has the priceless ability of talking a lot,whilst seemingly saying nothing at all.

Last edited:

Senior Vick from Alicante

CONJECTURE
noun
1.the formation of conclusions from incomplete evidence; guess

The above Gentlemen is the definition of what is going on with all party's involved in this stupid saga as quoted from the Collins English Dictionary. SISU, ACL and CCC will only ever spin the bits they want you to know and the rest is a case of adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5. We my friends are the mushrooms in the saga and will never fully be told the true facts as to do so may give the combatants a competitive edge over their adversary's. Speculation, although interesting, is bad for the health as it starts the Chinese whispers. I have not given up on my club, just the owners and party's that continue to make hay from the position that they have all put us in, we the fans through our family ties a dedication to the shirt are the ones to suffer, if your an owner or an elected council official its short term, ours is a dedication and addiction for life. As our situation shows now more then ever their is a real need for effective Government legislation to combat the type of practice and piracy that is all to common in the modern game.

torchomatic

Ah "word is". Must be true then.

skybluericoh

Very interesting read, the 1st thread I have bothered to read all the way though and indeed reply to for a few days, maybe even weeks. It got the grey matter running!

A couple of people have questioned one or two of my posts with ' thought your name was Skyblue Ricoh' Type of replies. This post has kind of woke me up a little, made me realise why I feel almost apathy to CCFC. This is not the skyblues, my club/team etc. It has become an interest of a hedge fund, people who took a struggling football club, with a half decent fan base and a huge amount of potential, and totally ballsed it up. In short being back at the Ricoh, they still don't feel like the SkyBlues.

They invested poorly, or nonexistent investment, depending on your view and got us relegated.One of them a few years back let slip the 'franchise' word. Speaking of franchising, they totally disenfranchised a lot of fans. moved the club away from the city, again bringing it back had cock after cock up, the ticket sales and an oppertunity to increase revenue, selling tickets to that 1st game as a packaged may well have got more back into the habit of going.

Now we hear that Joy S is really keen to involve the fans and communicate etc, again I don't know this to be fact any more than the OP, but if it is... communicate this.
What are the plans for investment in the team?
What are the time lines that are being aimed at for a return to the championship?
What and where and when will the new ground be completed, how much what facilities etc, it is has been looked at and found to be out of ranch then say so. 'We got it wrong and want to get a proper deal done with the Ricoh'

The deal they have now, while being an millions times better than Northampton, still makes you feel like a visitor to the Ricoh. It was and should be the heart and soul of the club, not somewhere just for every other Saturday.

If there is a deal done with the WASPs and I don't want it for the same reasons as most on here, the blame will be sat very firmly with Joy S. Her company still keep saying ' we are building our own ground' 'that ship has sailed' etc and continuing with litigation, after all 'we batter poeple in court'

I hope the OP is right and they are about to do one, I want to give my team the support I used to, they just aren't my team at the moment.

savosdad

Banned
Ricoh sold ACL pay the council the loan back SISU basically Fucked up shit creek without a paddle court case pending is FOOKED

Ian1779

There is going to be an awful lot of disappointed people here. They're not going anywhere.

Astute

There is going to be an awful lot of disappointed people here. They're not going anywhere.

The biggest disappointment isn't that our club is run by SISU but the way they run our club. If they started to run our club properly and we started to do better and beat clubs that are seen as much smaller than ours the mindset would change.

Users who are viewing this thread