SISU may still be the best option! (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

I actually agree with LS here, insomuch as the threat of administration was largely posturing; many of the stakeholders had too much invested to enter administration at the time.

That stated, even if we'd done so, and entered administration; if we'd have maintained the same form in the same season form post-SISU as we did pre-SISU, we'd still have survived even with a 10 point deduction.

The difference between SISU and other suitors was they they were the only game in town pre-administration - even if that had happened. In the event of administration, a clean slate, chance to renegotiate contracts (such as the Ricoh), then other parties would surely have come into play; exactly as they are now - even in our perilous position.

What I can tell you is that for the last 10 years, this is a list of teams of a 'similar size' as us who have entered administration: Hull City, Queens Park Rangers, Barnsley, Leicester City, Derby County, Ipswich Town, Leeds United, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Portsmouth. I don't think it's black as 'lucky' Southampton or 'unlucky' Pompey; the majority are now better off than where they were.

It's no good labouring on about Luton, Darlington or Northwich Victoria as they didn't have the league position or infrastructure that we had at the time of potential purchase.

Maybe some of the parties now at the table could have bought us then; and aped what some of the teams in the list have? Christ, if they're interested now; they'd be eminently more liable to be so with us at 14th in the Championship with 18K crowds.

Instead we got SISU. The rest is a chronology of historical facts.....

But that pre-SISU form was in decline, in Dowie's last 10 we won 2 and drawn 2, so on that trajectory, we weren't going to do particularly well, I don't know where we could've got those 10 points from tbh.

Mucca Mad Boys

Or where Dann says every penny of his 3.5m fee should be reinvested... - I think he'd be in a position to know. Also, undisclosed doesn't disprove whati said, and certainly doesn't prove it was for 1.5m (3 split in 2 = 1.5m, we know Fox was 1.5m).

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-fc-must-reinvest-3079415

SkyBlueSwiss

Along with everybody else I was very excited yesterday reading about the new consortium bid.
But don't think its a forgone conclusion. Many things could scupper or put off all the other bidders before they get to the finishing line.
Sisu have got a lot of critics and I am not sure their recent initiative to talk directly to the fans in forums will be their wisest move. They are likely to be dominated by the "SISU-out-louts". All the more moderate fans will streer well clear not wanting to get involved in a rumble.
I certainly do not think SISU have been perfect owners but at the end of the day they ARE still here and they ARE still paying the wages and keeping the team on the pitch.
For paying the ongoing losses at a rate of £3m a year we should regard them as supporters of the team if not the biggest financial supporter of the team.
Protesters withdrawing their support from the team by threatening to buycot games and not buy season tickets cannot call themselves supporters and such actions will only take the team one way!
Dispite heated feelings against SISU they have managed to put players of the caliber of King, McGoldrick and Clarke on the pitch until now.
If your support is witheld you cannot expect SISU to manage a similar level of funding and the team will inevitably go down! Is that really what you want?

:pimp:

You are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that you are wrong.

SkyBlueSwiss

No, I think what Summerisle is suggesting is that there was some evidence about at the time that hinted at their lack of suitability for owning a football club.

Somebody on here linked to an old, old, old BBC 606 thread about the takeover, written at the time, where some people did predict what was eventually to happen.

Exactly!....................

Bill Glazier

I'll admit that at the time I did see Sisu as preferable to Administration and like a light at the end of the tunnel. Sadly the light turned out to be a train that ran us down, like others I have now seen the error of my ways. Never knew they had history of being a nightmare and hope more scrutiny is put into our next "saviours".

Yes, me too. But drowning men grasp at anything, don't they? How can we be sure that new bidders aren't just after the development opportunity and will dump the club before the ink's dry?

Maybe now is the time for the fans to own the club, as at Pompey and Swansea.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

But that pre-SISU form was in decline, in Dowie's last 10 we won 2 and drawn 2, so on that trajectory, we weren't going to do particularly well, I don't know where we could've got those 10 points from tbh.

The flip side of 'pre-SISU form' being in decline; is that post-SISU we were in decline - yes?

In the 07/08 season, we took 29 points from the first 21 games until they came into town on December 14th; then only took 24 points from the remaining 25 games of the season. Punctuated by Dowie's departure on February 11th.

So, that's 1.38 points per league game ahead of the 'White Knights' appearing; and 0.96 points per game for the balance of the season.

Didn't set the world alight, did they? And certainly, I wouldn't entertain the notion that they acted as 'Saviour's'. Statistically, their appearance depressed performance markedly, and we could be considered fortunate to survive their deleterious influence upon proceedings as opposed to thanking them for their intimely intervention on our promotion push :p

torchomatic

No, that was one of Jack Griffins, I think. Might have been someone else, so apologies to him if not. It's been said by many on here though. I remember there being a whole thread with people sharing their templates on what to write to Mutton. Stupid.

I agree. That's bollocks of an equally impresive magnitude.

Did that insanity come out of the Taylor Tombola too?

torchomatic

No. Pure conjecture by those who say the world would end if SISU got hold of some of the Arena. A fallacy perpetuated and written as if it was gospel. It may be true, it may not, but to write to the Council and support them rather than the club you support is very odd.

Same with Preston, same with with the Malaysians. They may be great, they may not be but it's pure conjecture to say one way or another.

You still have an utter inability to understand their motivation and that it is utterly incompatible with running a football club as the community asset it is.

Mucca Mad Boys

The flip side of 'pre-SISU form' being in decline; is that post-SISU we were in decline - yes?

In the 07/08 season, we took 29 points from the first 21 games until they came into town on December 14th; then only took 24 points from the remaining 25 games of the season. Punctuated by Dowie's departure on February 11th.

So, that's 1.38 points per league game ahead of the 'White Knights' appearing; and 0.96 points per game for the balance of the season.

Didn't set the world alight, did they? And certainly, I wouldn't entertain the notion that they acted as 'Saviour's'. Statistically, their appearance depressed performance markedly, and we could be considered fortunate to survive their deleterious influence upon proceedings as opposed to thanking them for their intimely intervention on our promotion push :p

That's a distorted fact and you know it! Our form could've dipped like it did without SISU, but with the -10 pts. We also signed Dann and Fox which I remember gave the team a boost IMO.

wingy

Off Topic but ACL released a statement I can't recall of it but agian re-iterating that the Doors are open for CCFc ,seemed to take positivity from the administrators comments after the meeting .am wondering if The CVa could not be agreed to is that a sign that Admin is not going to just allow SISu preferred bidder status ,and Secondly are we going to see the Administrator negotiate a deal to play at the RICOH.??:p

Mary_Mungo_Midge

That's a distorted fact and you know it! Our form could've dipped like it did without SISU, but with the -10 pts. We also signed Dann and Fox which I remember gave the team a boost IMO.

Well statistically, it didn't. It was the same sort of 'boost' the Black Death gave the population of 14th-century Europe.

Good players? Yes. Sold for profit? Yes. Boost first-season performance? Not a sausage

J

Jack Griffin

No, that was one of Jack Griffins, I think. Might have been someone else, so apologies to him if not. It's been said by many on here though. I remember there being a whole thread with people sharing their templates on what to write to Mutton. Stupid.

I can't remember saying anything like that. Certainly I don't see SISU as acceptable owners for the club or the Arena. I think the last thing I promoted was a radical restructure, and one not involving SISU.

Mucca Mad Boys

Well statistically, it didn't. It was the same sort of 'boost' the Black Death gave the population of 14th-century Europe.

Good players? Yes. Sold for profit? Yes. Boost first-season performance? Not a sausage

I didn't mean boost as in points etc. I meant we looked a better side, and we did, and who's to say they didn't help stop a further decline in form?

torchomatic

Please accept my apologies then. I remember it but can't remember who it was now.

I can't remember saying anything like that. Certainly I don't see SISU as acceptable owners for the club or the Arena. I think the last thing I promoted was a radical restructure, and one not involving SISU.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I didn't mean boost as in points etc. I meant we looked a better side, and we did, and who's to say they didn't help stop a further decline in form?

So, statistically, we were a worse team; but looked better and hence SISU saved us in that terrible season?

Now you put it so convincingly, I bow to the weight of your superior debating. You need not spin the Taylor Tombola any more times today, as it's work here is evidently done.....

Mucca Mad Boys

So, statistically, we were a worse team; but looked better and hence SISU saved us in that terrible season?

Now you put it so convincingly, I bow to the weight of your superior debating. You need not spin the Taylor Tombola any more times today, as it's work here is evidently done.....

That's not what I said, I said we looked a better side when Fox and Dann were in the team than without.

CCFC law: always start off well - end with a whimper - that season as no exception. It explains the MMM tombola of distorted facts.

torchomatic

Yes, his "growing" list.

[video=youtube;1TCL2PXEMIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TCL2PXEMIE[/video]

Such a madcap scheme can only have been from CJParker, in fact sure that it was.

Another one to add to his list.

Hadenough

be honest

Along with everybody else I was very excited yesterday reading about the new consortium bid.
But don't think its a forgone conclusion. Many things could scupper or put off all the other bidders before they get to the finishing line.
Sisu have got a lot of critics and I am not sure their recent initiative to talk directly to the fans in forums will be their wisest move. They are likely to be dominated by the "SISU-out-louts". All the more moderate fans will streer well clear not wanting to get involved in a rumble.
I certainly do not think SISU have been perfect owners but at the end of the day they ARE still here and they ARE still paying the wages and keeping the team on the pitch.
For paying the ongoing losses at a rate of £3m a year we should regard them as supporters of the team if not the biggest financial supporter of the team.
Protesters withdrawing their support from the team by threatening to buycot games and not buy season tickets cannot call themselves supporters and such actions will only take the team one way!
Dispite heated feelings against SISU they have managed to put players of the caliber of King, McGoldrick and Clarke on the pitch until now.
If your support is witheld you cannot expect SISU to manage a similar level of funding and the team will inevitably go down! Is that really what you want?

you have to be on the payroll ........yes?

If you have answered No....seek urgent medical advice

torchomatic

I thought his name was Haden Ough.

Tank Top

Well, if you are content with more of the same, with the not so far fetched scenario of seeing the Sky blues drop into non league Football, then I'm pretty sure that Sisu/ Finance will do you an excellent Job.

Every Sentence they utter, contradicts the previous one
With, Sisu and the truth making strange Bed Fellows
In one Breath, they cannot, will not, pay the rent, and then in the next, talk about building a new stadium at
a cost of £30/£40 pounds in a location yet to be dreamed up.
sisu are a cancer that is destroying our football club
the Facts and figures speak for themselves they are
Fully prepared to oversee the death of our club for
whatever reason suits their purpose, at the same
time giving the finger to our supporters and the
Rules and regulations of the Football League.

lordsummerisle

Well, if you are content with more of the same, with the not so far fetched scenario of seeing the Sky blues drop into non league Football, then I'm pretty sure that Sisu/ Finance will do you an excellent Job.

Every Sentence they utter, contradicts the previous one
With, Sisu and the truth making strange Bed Fellows
In one Breath, they cannot, will not, pay the rent, and then in the next, talk about building a new stadium at
a cost of £30/£40 pounds in a location yet to be dreamed up.
sisu are a cancer that is destroying our football club
the Facts and figures speak for themselves they are
Fully prepared to oversee the death of our club for
whatever reason suits their purpose, at the same
time giving the finger to our supporters and the
Rules and regulations of the Football League.

Could you get your next post to show the shape of a sexy lady?

Grendel

The mantra of any business is that it has to look after its customers.

Football customers have unrealistic expectations regarding customer satisfaction but some things they should expect. In particular knowing where the are playing matches and knowing you can purchase a season ticket and watch football in a stadium in the city. The failure to meet these very basic needs makes the current owners unfit for purpose so they need to go.

However, the relegation was a long long time coming. This club is an oddity in that it punched above its weight for 37 years. This has given a delusion of granduer and expectation. There needs to be an acceptance that premier league status wi now at best be a fleeting existence.

New owners are required. New and realistic expectations from supporters are required also in equal measure.

motherfunky

Agree with the post. Why are the council and ACL getting away with the continued protests. They should hand the Ricoh over to the football club end of!

Porkchophill

We don't know how much responsibility for the bad feeling lies with each party in the rent negotiations. We have heard deals were done and renaged on by both sides on different occassions. I am not surprised at a woman changing her mind but then!

Either way I don't think SISU should be critisised for the plan to move out, it is not what they wanted by design, it is a defensive manouvre they have been forced into.

Either way I don't think SISU should be critisised for the plan to move out, it is not what they wanted by design, it is a defensive manouvre they have been forced into.
It's a reaction to an action - the action of trying to renague on a rent agreement I know this ground has been covered but if you rent a house the grounds for not paying the rent may well be that the house needs repairs or modernisation the problem doesn't lie with the facilities but lies with the tenant the ground has fantastic facilities the problem lies with us being relegated and seasons finishing low down whichever league we were in this therefore in my opinion lies at the door of sisu let's not forget the hard ball they played at the start with everyone's shares also the remortgaging of the lodge and the loans against season ticket sales they have loaned money to the club through subsidiaries and the lack of clarity and communication with the landlords and fans ( we don't even know what the owner looks like ) hasnt done anything but harm there position the amount of money they are talking about to build another ground coUld be much better spent by accepting the lower rent offered team rebuilding and maybe mending a few burnt bridges regaining trust ( fans included ) then maybe a deal could of been done down the road but we all know this won't happen the sooner these people leave our club the better but I'm not holding my breath yet
:pimp:[/QUOTE]

SkyblueBazza

The mantra of any business is that it has to look after its customers.

Football customers have unrealistic expectations regarding customer satisfaction but some things they should expect. In particular knowing where the are playing matches and knowing you can purchase a season ticket and watch football in a stadium in the city. The failure to meet these very basic needs makes the current owners unfit for purpose so they need to go.

However, the relegation was a long long time coming. This club is an oddity in that it punched above its weight for 37 years. This has given a delusion of granduer and expectation. There needs to be an acceptance that premier league status wi now at best be a fleeting existence.

New owners are required. New and realistic expectations from supporters are required also in equal measure.

Agree...bar the 3rd paragraph. We were at our weight for a fair bit in the top-flight & even dallied with glory, but for seizing the opportunity to quickly strip & rebuild after the Cup win IMO. Then broke the bank to try to accommodate a couple of stars & have paid the price ever since.

bigfatronssba

<p>
Agree with the post. Why are the council and ACL getting away with the continued protests. They should hand the Ricoh over to the football club end of!

For nothing??

Hobo

So you are prepared to hand your house over to people who won't buy it and won't pay rent, tell us where you live and I'll send some squatters round.

SkyblueBazza

It's not that simple. Try & give what to you is a useless strip of land (say a foot wide) to your neighbour for him to put a wall up for example. Your mortgage lender would go ballistic! So to expect CCC/ACL (or anyone else!) to give the their share of the stadium away is just not a realistic idea.

bigfatronssba

It's not that simple. Try & give what to you is a useless strip of land (say a foot wide) to your neighbour for him to put a wall up for example. Your mortgage lender would go ballistic! So to expect CCC/ACL (or anyone else!) to give the their share of the stadium away is just not a realistic idea.

Also it would break state aid rules which Sisu feel very strongly about.

Users who are viewing this thread