Sisu make official complaint over Coventry councillors' conduct (1 Viewer)

armybike

And so it goes on..............

"Coventry City FC owners Sisu have launched a complaint to the official council watchdog about the conduct of two leading councillors.

The Telegraph can exclusively reveal the latest legal twist in a long running dispute over the ownership of the Ricoh Arena operating company ACL, which was bought by Premiership rugby club Wasps in November.

Lawyers acting on behalf of Sisu have written to the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) to complain about the conduct of Coventry City Council leader Ann Lucas and former leader Coun John Mutton.

Several accusations are levelled at the Labour Party pair, relating to their conduct during the Ricoh Arena saga since Sisu took over the Sky Blues in 2008.

The Telegraph understands the written allegations have been sent to the independent LGO who has similar powers to the courts when it comes to the release of information and conducting investigations.

The LGO can recommend rectifying action, including suspensions, if any wrongdoing is believed to have occurred – but it has no power to actually force a local authority to take action.

The complaint includes quotes attributed to leading councillors, taken from various media outlets, which Sisu claim have been damaging, and a letter from Sisu boss Joy Seppala, who complains about the conduct of Coun Mutton during discussions about the Ricoh Arena.

It’s understood Sisu have called for possible wrongdoing to be investigated in relation to secrecy, misleading statements, failure to act in the public interest and financial loss.

No allegations of wrongdoing by Ann Lucas or John Mutton have been proven. The pair both declined to comment when approached by the Telegraph.

Sisu has not yet responded to requests for comment.

The club’s owners took the council to court last summer claiming a loan from the authority to ACL was unlawful state aid, not made on commercially viable terms and killed off any possible deal with the club.

But a High Court judge comprehensively dismissed that accusation and criticised Sisu, accusing them of deliberately withholding rent in a bid to distress ACL to acquire the stadium company at a knock down price.

Sisu will seek to appeal that decision on July 7. They also subsequently launched another judicial review application into new loan terms agreed between Wasps and the council following the rugby club’s takeover of ACL in November.

That application has been put on hold pending the outcome of the July 7 appeal."

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/exclusive-coventry-city-fc-owners-9251200

Alan Dugdales Moustache

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :D . They just can't help themselves can they?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. They just can't help themselves can they. :D I wonder what "wrongdoing" means ? No i don't. I don't give a toss.

SkyBlue_Bear83

tbf they probably have a point, problem is pointing the figure when your own conduct has been appalling. Seems a bit desperate now from SISU, its like us writing to the football league complaining and expecting them to do something about it.

The Reverend Skyblue

For fucks sake get over it and start to move the club forward and begin to build a bloody relationship with the fans.
They have been saying for years the Ricoh gives us no sustainable future and we need a new stadium ,now we have no choice ,so build the fucking thing

Samo

Cunts slinging mud at cunts, none of whom I'd piss on.

covkid69

i wish they would just shut the f**k up and start sorting out the mess they have caused...more court cases than feckin Judge Judy :D

Ian1779

For fucks sake get over it and start to move the club forward and begin to build a bloody relationship with the fans.
They have been saying for years the Ricoh gives us no sustainable future and we need a new stadium ,now we have no choice ,so build the fucking thing

Does complaining about the council mean you can't build a relationship with fans.... are they mutually exclusive?

Anthony_Kav

Fuck off sisu, sisu fuck off.

How anyone can be pro sisu is beyond me. I love our club, and as a 19 year old I have never seen the good times... Well apart from staying up on our endless relegation battles. Just wish one day i'll be able to witness us in the premiership. But until then, pro City, anti SISU!

Pete in Portugal

Just normal business practice I assume! And obviously it's been given a much higher priority than offering Mogga a contract. Sisu are going to take two weeks to agree and draw up TM's contract. And until he signs, the out of contract players don't know where they stand. If this is the normal business practice, I've been doing it all wrong for the past 45 years.........

italiahorse

Does complaining about the council mean you can't build a relationship with fans.... are they mutually exclusive?

We only ever see the complaining and not any of the relationship building.
If the current JR fails in July another one is waiting to be put straight in.

italiahorse

As it's against the two councillors, I don't mind this complaint so much :D

Just hope that come the start of ore season, we have no legal issues overhanging us.

By the way, when is the review of the JR review / defeat of the JR review / defeat? ;)

July. .... But they have another one prepared should this one fail.

wingy

tbf they probably have a point, problem is pointing the figure when your own conduct has been appalling. Seems a bit desperate now from SISU, its like us writing to the football league complaining and expecting them to do something about it.
Exacty,.
I also think it signals that the game is up on all the litigation fronts

skybluetony176

Can we start a sweepstake on what TF has to say about the conclusion of the ombudsman's findings?

I'm going for the ombudsman got it wrong :)

Hobo

SISU the kid in the playground that likes to start a fight then runs to the teacher with his bloody nose.

Terry Gibson's perm

There we go something to look forward to over the summer:facepalm: I hop TM wasn't planning to move funds from legal side of the business

James Smith

To be honest I'd rather they signed up a manager TM (or someone equally as capable) and letting them get players (to try and prevent us needing a last game escape again) before buggering about in more court cases and stuff like this.

Grendel

There we go something to look forward to over the summer:facepalm: I hop TM wasn't planning to move funds from legal side of the business

This costs nothing - what are you on about!

James Smith

I've merged the two threads on this subject.

Ashdown

I swear that periodically they just throw out a load of accusations and bullshit to divert attention and muddy the waters of the important matters. Perhaps they are preparing their excuses as to why Mowbray wasn't signed and that we have a miniscule budget again with some sycophant to manage with Waggot breathing down his neck. The club will never recover until these fuckwits take to their heels !

Grendel

It says Lawyers prepared the complaint. I'm pretty sure they don't work for free.

I'm pretty sure a lawyers letter isn't effecting Mowbrays budget.

Users who are viewing this thread