Sisu launch new High Court bid to challenge £14.4m bail out of Ricoh Stadium owners (1 Viewer)

blueflint

What I don't get is that surely they have decent lawyers, what makes them think they have a case? Why are they so determined if it is that clear cut?

to keep up pressure on ACL and to delay any truth that will eventually come out

Grappa

If the claim has no merit why did ACL ask for it to be dropped as one of the conditions of accepting the CVA?

SIR ERNIE

I hope that this latest SISU action is the final straw for those fans who have been prepared to give SISU the benefit of the doubt.

Surely there can be no fan now who will believe or support anything this obnoxious mob do from now on.

bigfatronssba

If the claim has no merit why did ACL ask for it to be dropped as one of the conditions of accepting the CVA?

Goodwill?

Some random person could accuse you of rape tomorrow. You know your innocent and there is no evidence to suggest otherwise, but would you still want it to go to court?

Grappa

Goodwill?

Some random person could accuse you of rape tomorrow. You know your innocent and there is no evidence to suggest otherwise, but would you still want it to go to court?

If I knew I was innocent then yes, I'd rather it go to court than allow the 'no smoke without fire' brigade to hold sway.

shmmeee

If you've not done anything wrong, why do I want to hit you in the face?

Edit: I don't actually want to hit *you* in the face.

skybluefred

I think sisu have given themselves a huge kick in the GONADS with this one.

After the commons report yesterday calling the football league & association not fit for purpose after
their handling of the administration procedure,and the granting of the Golden Share to sisu,this frivolous
action provides even more ammunition for a Government restructuring of the F/L & F/A.

Sisu have finally provided firm evidence that they have no intention of negotiating a return to the Ricoh,
unless they can get it by bully boy tactics forcing a fire sale.

Hopefully the High Court will give sisu a severe kick up the backside and send them packing,along with a
huge bill for CCC's expenses.

DazzleTommyDazzle

If I knew I was innocent then yes, I'd rather it go to court than allow the 'no smoke without fire' brigade to hold sway.

Then you're a very strange person or you have a faith in the judicial system that is not shared by any lawyer that I have ever met.

What I don't get is that surely they have decent lawyers, what makes them think they have a case? Why are they so determined if it is that clear cut?

The Law Nick, in this country is established by precedent. SISU are just pushing at the boundaries. And as for the QC involved at minimum of £750 an hour, its worth having a go. When desperate and drowning even a straw looks a safe bet.;)

Grappa

Then you're a very strange person or you have a faith in the judicial system that is not shared by any lawyer that I have ever met.

Life is a game of numbers. For every miscarriage of justice there's a thousand carriages of justice. I'm okay with those odds. If you think that makes me a very strange person, I can only assume you never get out of bed.

I noticed you have 3 questions written here but there is only one answer, SISU always go to court even if they are wrong.

skybluefred

Less than 2 minutes.

If SISU feel there is a case they will follow up.
They obviously don't believe the reports of a 100% increase in turnover either.

Sisu have no rights whatever to know the turnover of any other business, not only that but they DO NOT even present
their own accounts in the legal time frame allowed. Pot calling kettle black me thinks.:blue:

DazzleTommyDazzle

Life is a game of numbers. For every miscarriage of justice there's a thousand carriages of justice. I'm okay with those odds. If you think that makes me a very strange person, I can only assume you never get out of bed.

Then your assumption is as misinformed as your judgement of those odds.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I was guessing. What is the ratio of miscarriages of justice to carriages, oh wise one?

Many thanks for the acknowledgement of my wisdom - you're obviously a better judge than I thought :)

I'd be guessing too, but with a wife who's a JP and many friends who work in the law, my confidence is well below yours.

If you must have numbers, I'd say that you'd have to be a nailed on optimist to be only10 times more pessimistic than you.

skybluetony176

they don't think they will win in court Nick. i keep telling people Google Sisu/litigation and look back as far as you can trace their history. they have a history of litigating people into submission. basically they win out of court, people either give up because they cant take it anymore or run out of money. its all their on the internet, people just need to spend some time looking. funnily enough i did, hence i want them out. i have always assumed that people who think the fight to save our club is with ACL/CCC/Higgs haven't bothered.

letsallsingtogether

Grendel,Torch,City4life just to name a few I bet this makes you happy?

just goes to show what Sisu are like show them some light and they see it as weakness.

I hope they all rot in hell, I was starting to weaken but sorry now we have to play like them at there own game go for the jugular.

Get them out of OUR Club they are already OUR of our City...

disgraceful leeches

Grappa

Many thanks for the acknowledgement of my wisdom - you're obviously a better judge than I thought :)

I'd be guessing too, but with a wife who's a JP and many friends who work in the law, my confidence is well below yours.

If you must have numbers, I'd say that you'd have to be a nailed on optimist to be only10 times more pessimistic than you.

I just emailed your estimate to my niece who is a barrister (I'm not going for 'I know important people' points, she's the only really clever person in our family). Her response: 'If his wife believes she is convicting 1 in a 100 wrongly why on earth is she doing the job? Very little hard research in this area, NZ leads the field - estimate 20 in 400,000 wrongful convictions (technically 'miscarriage of justice' and 'wrongful conviction' are different but the latter more prevalent)'

James Smith

Odd really as legal costs weren't a priority when trying to put the club into administration.

Well they were owed a bit of rent then which they might not have got if Mr Fisher had actually gone through with his liquidation comment.

Users who are viewing this thread