SISU In or out? (1 Viewer)

Are you SISU in or out?

• In

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Out

Votes: 30 60.0%

• Total voters

slowpoke

The ticketing is a farce, STs not arrived yet, tickets for the Forest match still arriving ( my neighbour had three this week) turnstiles not accepting tickets causing big queues to get in, only a couple turnstiles open for the Northampton cup-tie again causing long slow queues, this is all on Boddys watch simply not acceptable. As for a new ground the idea is laughable.

Londonccfcfan

The club has certainly hit a ceiling now, under the current regime. 4 years ago I’d have said you were mad if you thought City would be in the championship by now. ALL down to MR and AV.

We go no further than this though. By ‘this’ I mean bottom half championship club.

I'm pretty neutral at the moment as I think they have brought the club to stability no longer in financial turmoil compared to other clubs in our league.

But they have played a couple of blinders!

1) Appointing MR. And backing him sensibly.
2) Not owning a stadium during Covid.

Maybe they got lucky with both.

But I tell you something there isn't much between any of the teams top 4 down.

It's a level playing field.

You can all laugh and snigger but I think there's a genuine possibility we can challenge play offs under this regime if they continue to back Robins.

Importantly whilst the fans back the team.

The positivity is well and truly back.

The toxic atmosphere hasn't been heard in years.

Saddlebrains

I'm pretty neutral at the moment as I think they have brought the club to stability no longer in financial turmoil compared to other clubs in our league.

Maybe they got lucky with both.

But I tell you something there isn't much between any of the teams top 4 down.

It's a level playing field.

You can all laugh and snigger but I think there's a genuine possibility we can challenge play offs under this regime if they continue to back Robins.

Importantly whilst the fans back the team.

The positivity is well and truly back.

The toxic atmosphere hasn't been heard in years.

This isn't silly at all i dont feel. Look at the seasons of Blackpool, Hull, Wigan, Huddersfield. Its rare but it happens. A fluke season where everything goes your way, no posts hit, no suspensions, minimal injuries etc.

Granted they all came down again obviously, but its not beyond the realms in the next couple of years.

MR always improves squads incrementally each season. If you look at the squad now there's no reason why with say 6 or 7 good players, free agents, loans whatever, that we cant have our season.

Even 1 season up there, even getting smashed 4 nil every week, will lead to our financial troubles disappearing for a long time and more than likely would lead to the owners selling up.

At the end of the day, we got relegated at the worst possible time with the collapse of ITV digital, and missing out on the new multi year and multi million Sky TV deal that commenced in 2001.

Hopefully Karma repays us i. The next few years and sees us fluke a season to get there whilst were relatively financially sound and its the other clubs in the shit.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Sorry i just have to reply to that. Just a few facts

MR appointed March 2017, as i understand it that was largely due to the Fisher connection that the appointment was made. Cannot argue that the appointment has not been brilliant for the club

Since MR became manager SISU have, according to the financials we have access to, put £2.135m in to the club but extracted in the same period £2.109m. No great financial backing of MR that i can see coming directly from the owners.

During that same period MR & AV have helped develop players including some they inherited & already here. They have achieved in that time period Player sales income of £9.659m and paid out £2.267m to purchase new players. Other than letting MR get on with the job what was this great backing that SISU have provided?

The Club has been kept going by player sales that MR/AV achieved which allowed SISU not to make any net financial input while still growing the net debt.

Not having a stadium during Covid 15 months, not having a stadium to maximise income and support the team decades and still not solved.

the club is stable but not profitable or even paying its way without substantial player sales. The owners have pretty much just said "you are not getting any more money, except in dire emergency, so make it work"

Sorry but i dont see any of that as blinding ownership in any sense.

Grendel

Hi it’s just not not ereee e

MR appointed March 2017, as i understand it that was largely due to the Fisher connection that the appointment was made. Cannot argue that the appointment has not been brilliant for the club

Since MR became manager SISU have, according to the financials we have access to, put £2.135m in to the club but extracted in the same period £2.109m. No great financial backing of MR that i can see coming directly from the owners.

During that same period MR & AV have helped develop players including some they inherited & already here. They have achieved in that time period Player sales income of £9.659m and paid out £2.267m to purchase new players. Other than letting MR get on with the job what was this great backing that SISU have provided?

The Club has been kept going by player sales that MR/AV achieved which allowed SISU not to make any net financial input while still growing the net debt.

Not having a stadium during Covid 15 months, not having a stadium to maximise income and support the team decades and still not solved.

the club is stable but not profitable or even paying its way without substantial player sales. The owners have pretty much just said "you are not getting any more money, except in dire emergency, so make it work"

its just a bizarre argument

The one thing he is correct about is with some actual financial backing and promotion strategy we could be trying to challenge for a 6 position

Fisher who is the devil incarnate is the only reason Robins is here

As for the stadium nonsense I mean seriously

Londonccfcfan

I can't really argue with that at all.

But isnt that this the same business model as 90% of the club's in the EFL. Player sales is always going to be more >than money spent.

It must be very good PR then as it tangibly seems they have backed Robins , Robins has always seemed very gratefull indeed. Examples being the wages of Ohare /Waghorn etc. Which I didn't think would be within our means.

Grendel

But isnt that this the same business model as 90% of the club's in the EFL. Player sales is always going to be more >than money spent.

It must be very good PR then as it tangibly seems they have backed Robins , Robins has always seemed very gratefull indeed. Examples being the wages of Ohare /Waghorn etc. Which I didn't think would be within our means.

no our business model is truly unique

Londonccfcfan

Lets face it. In league 2 No one ever thought under them we would be in Championship within 3 years. Wouldn't say we are established yet...but confident we are will be.

Grendel

Lets face it. In league 2 No one ever thought under them we would be in Championship within 3 years. Wouldn't say we are established yet...but confident we are will be.

no one would expect us in league 2 for long anyway - Sisu actually starting making returns for their investors in league 1. Promotion is irrelevant unless the investors get greater returns. They certainly would prefer league 1 if it meant greater investment stability. We rely on selling players and funding investor returns through loans

This isn’t rocket science

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

It's within our budget because they did those deals. You could argue that in order to do it though MR has sacrificed some depth of quality in the total squad. We are light imo in the second string players.

I would suggest this seasons budget is bigger because the return to Coventry should give the team more income and not require input from the owners. That helps pay bigger wages for players such as waghorn

pipkin73

Sisu after Covid could have hidden behind Covid and insisted on player sales to create money to pay the bills.
Most clubs in our division have signed fewer players than us and made key player sales.

We have signed about 8 players and sold no one we wanted to keep,

Maybe we have not had the budget to sign what we wanted, but no manager ever will (he will always want another player).
We still have the money for 1 more player (but MR keeps finances close to his chest so could be 2 more).

As far as this season goes i think the club have done well transfer wise, if we sell Key players before the window closes then fair enough but if we don't i class it as a good window.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Sisu after Covid could have hidden behind Covid and insisted on player sales to create money to pay the bills.
Most clubs in our division have signed fewer players than us and made key player sales.

We have signed about 8 players and sold no one we wanted to keep,

Maybe we have not had the budget to sign what we wanted, but no manager ever will (he will always want another player).
We still have the money for 1 more player (but MR keeps finances close to his chest so could be 2 more).

As far as this season goes i think the club have done well transfer wise, if we sell Key players before the window closes then fair enough but if we don't i class it as a good window.

But relying on player transfers to pay the bills is exactly how SISU operate the club i don't see any evidence that has changed.

Technically they haven't hidden, in fact they haven't said anything at all, just let MR get on with it. Long may that continue but i don't see any change in how we operate, Covid doesn't really have anything to do with it.

so far 11 players out and 4 loans out with 8 players in and 2 loans in. Bottom line is as most seasons we had to sign players.

paid fees for two of players coming in and received fees for 2 going out. We would also need to factor in player add ons receivable,

Do we still have money to spend on players? How do we know? How do you know the owners haven't requested a reduced squad and player sales? we have got rid of more than we have brought in so far ? We wont know until the 2022 accounts are published in February 2023 how the finances are.

Looking at the 2021/22 transfer dealings in the division then overall it looks like we are about midtable average in terms of the number of player signed or released/sold. There isn't one team that hasn't signed or sold or been involved in loans for someone

we started from a low budget and the return to Coventry has meant a significant boost to income. I believe we have over double the number of season ticket holders compared to last season which is front loaded in terms of when it is received. Add to that the £3.2m loan from the EFL and any player add ons. We also need to factor in the timings of payments for and from player trading.

I could be wrong but I do not see major funds coming in from the owners to cover football operations

Not complaining at the activity by CCFC. So far so good but in my opinion we have a pretty thin squad with no major resources to change it in January if things go wrong

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread