Sisu/Higgs (1 Viewer)

SonOfSnoz

If they managed a deal for the Academy, why not a return to the Ricoh?
Maybe the council hold the cards?

dongonzalos

No it is not possible. Mr Fisher has stated that SISU can't trust or do business with the Higgs charity.
I don't see what's so hard to understand about that? Whilst they do a deal with them :)

Last edited:

dongonzalos

In all seriousness Snoz

I assume you realise that returning to the Ricoh damages SISU's ability to force a cheap sale of the Ricoh.

The only way we will return is it suits SISU. If PWKH blows up JS's car and it suits SISU to return we will.

I think it will only suit SISU if they genuinely believe a sale is not possible.

Or the council come up with another buyer or another genuine viable option for the Ricoh that does not involve CCFC.

Last edited:

PWKH

The Alan Higgs Centre Trust has reached agreement with Otium for them to use the Centre to run the Academy.

The Higgs Charity is at the moment pursuing Sisu Capital through the Courts to recover £29,000 and costs owing to the Charity after Sisu Capital failed to complete the deal to purchase the Trustees' shares in ACL. You will remember Fisher's comments in the fan's forums he held last June:

We were very willing to do a deal on the stadium and on the 18[SUP]th[/SUP] and 19[SUP]th[/SUP] of June we signed a terms sheet to actually buy the Higgs stake in ACL... And this is the point two turkeys don’t an eagle make. We would not strap ourselves to an ailing business. And that is why we have to create our own.

As I said on BBC CWR some weeks ago the Trustees, just as the trustees of the Higgs Centre, will not deal with any of the Sisu web of companies until they have met their debts to them. Maybe that is why Fisher et al will not now talk with the Charity.

J

Jack Griffin

You really don't get it, it's SISU who aren't negotiating.. they have resorted to litigation.

The only reason SISU went back to the Higgs centre is because the FA told them they had to or lose their £0.5M grant for a cat 2 academy.

torchomatic

dongonzalos

The Alan Higgs Centre Trust has reached agreement with Otium for them to use the Centre to run the Academy.

The Higgs Charity is at the moment pursuing Sisu Capital through the Courts to recover £29,000 and costs owing to the Charity after Sisu Capital failed to complete the deal to purchase the Trustees' shares in ACL. You will remember Fisher's comments in the fan's forums he held last June:

We were very willing to do a deal on the stadium and on the 18[SUP]th[/SUP] and 19[SUP]th[/SUP] of June we signed a terms sheet to actually buy the Higgs stake in ACL... And this is the point two turkeys don’t an eagle make. We would not strap ourselves to an ailing business. And that is why we have to create our own.

As I said on BBC CWR some weeks ago the Trustees, just as the trustees of the Higgs Centre, will not deal with any of the Sisu web of companies until they have met their debts to them. Maybe that is why Fisher et al will not now talk with the Charity.

I think the majority know and understand that they can do business with you when it suits.
Also that most business people can make business deals with people whom they share bad blood.

It just doesn't suit

The Gentleman

Or you can't.

But why can't we ? use the money they are going to use on legal battles, Legoland and survey's for such, take the latest rental deal, and would we be able to use the money from that lot ? Christ, imagine where that would take us with the manager we have and the makings of a decent side.

James Smith

I checked on Friday night the Higgs Centre has different trustees to the main charity and the only common link is PWKH who is the secretary/clerk to both sets of Trustees - and Chairman of the Trustees at the Centre.

What I suspect (and it is only a theory) is that the Higgs are seen as a problem should Sisu win the JR. They can prevent the council selling their shares (and vice versa) can't they? Taking the Higgs to court would probably be a bad PR move and likely generate more negative national press. Plus the Higgs doubtless need to make a return on the money that they used buying our share to satisfy the Charity Commission. Sisu might not want to spend anything like that. Also what would their case be, they can't demand they're sold or given the shares.

Far easier to demand that the council have to deal with getting the Higgs share. That means the council would be required to spend their money (not Sisu) buying the Higgs share, and consequently less risk to Sisu. If Sisu subsequently did win the JR there would then be a neat package of the lease and the freehold owned by one entity - the council. Threaten the council with more expensive legal case for damages (after the Sisu JR win) until they then decide to cut their losses and hand over that package.

Last edited:

RPHunt

I do like this quote from Fisher which turned out to be an uncannily accurate forecast:

"We would not strap ourselves to an ailing business. And that is why we have to create our own."

Well, they have certainly managed to create their own ailing business.

PWKH

A slight correction to James Smith's post:

I am Clerk to the Trustees of the Higgs Charity. I am Chairman of the Trustees of the Alan Higgs Centre Trust (and act as secretary to the trustees). He is absolutely correct in saying the two Charities have no trustees in common.

stupot07

The Alan Higgs centre and the Alan Higgs trust are 2 separate entities. PWKH has said this on a number of occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

tisza

So they can work with you to get a mutually beneficial result i.e. the academy when they put their minds to it.

James Smith

A slight correction to James Smith's post:

I am Clerk to the Trustees of the Higgs Charity. I am Chairman of the Trustees of the Alan Higgs Centre Trust (and act as secretary to the trustees). He is absolutely correct in saying the two Charities have no trustees in common.

Thanks for clearing that up apologies for the mistake, I'll edit my post.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

SonOfSnoz...But CCFC is just a dustbin for Sisu's debts..........................................................................................................I think someone has just turned the lights on!

James Smith

From the 50% sale of Higgs interest in ACL to sisu - who pulled out Higgs or Sisu?

PWKH alleges Sisu did....

PWKH said:
The Higgs Charity is at the moment pursuing Sisu Capital through the Courts to recover £29,000 and costs owing to the Charity after Sisu Capital failed to complete the deal to purchase the Trustees' shares in ACL.
The comment from Tim Could be related to bird watching or biology for all I know.

Last edited:

SonOfSnoz

SonOfSnoz...But CCFC is just a dustbin for Sisu's debts..........................................................................................................I think someone has just turned the lights on!

How dare you......this poster has more lights on then the broadgate xmas tree, in a City where the council are switching off lights on main City roads!

skybluefred

Sisu are a hedge fund. They specialize in buying distressed business's, They then sell off everything
of value, and then sell off the remainder to anybody daft enough to buy the residue.

Unfortunately for them (fortunately for us though) CCFC does not own the RICOH but rest assured
if they had owned it it would have been sold at huge profit by now. Had that have happened we might
have new owners by now.

When money is your GOD you will do anything to obtain it,it doesn't matter that you are a multi millionaire
you are just a greedy ******* who wants more and more.

mrtrench

I saw a naval chap walking around East Coventry acquiring mass. It was a Higg's Bosun.

Specs WT-R75

In hindsight, the most annoying thing here is that with the amount of revenue the club has lost moving to SF before long they would have been able to acquire the higgs share for effectively nothing....

Users who are viewing this thread