Sisu have nearly finished us off - would you support another team? (2 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Sisu has well and truly killed the club I love and destroyed all things football these days for me.

The question is this...

The inevitable downward spiral that sisu has taken the club, it's on it's knees with the blow after blow is fans take. Would you support another football team or give up all together?

mark82

Not unless CCFC ceased to exist. If they did I would support whatever club was set up in Coventry to take its place.

Samo

Sisu has well and truly killed the club I love and destroyed all things football these days for me.

The question is this...

The inevitable downward spiral that sisu has taken the club, it's on it's knees with the blow after blow is fans take. Would you support another football team or give up all together?

Support another team????

Kingokings204

I wouldn't support another team myself but I would still watch football.

I have lost a lot of love with the game and not just us ccfc fans. Most football teams fans hate the owners or the politics these days. Such as glazers at Man U or us or Cardiff or Southampton or Bolton and most others.

Trouble is we all love the game on the pitch it's all off the pitch we hate. It's complete crap.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The question is this...

Yes I would support another team:eek:

mds

I would watch football, but wouldn't "support" another team.
I hardly watch the one i support, but wouldnt support another.
Although i reckon Cov Utd might move up, never be another City tho!

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

The minute a brick is laid outside the City boundaries for SISU's Lego stadium, is the minute CCFC have died. So YES I'll support another club WITHIN the City boundaries.

Astute

CCFC only for me.

But I have about reached the point of never going again until SISU have gone. They made sure my dad could never see another game. This is after supporting our club for well over 50 years. And there will be many more. But I just can't suddenly support another club.

Once a Sky Blue always a Sky Blue.

dancers lance

It already feels like supporting another team, we are only CCFC because of a golden share....nothing more.

Otis

Just cancelled mine!

I have Sky Sports, but besides England games and City games I hardly ever wacth any football at all. Main reason for me is for the NFL. If they didn't have that I would ditch it like a shot.

skybluebal

I fully sympathise and I am of the same view right now. I am not bothered about the games so far or the ones to come. As I have said before, until I see SISU investing to build the team and bringing the club back to Coventry, I won't invest in SISU by going to games. They are not interested in us fans and are taking advantage of the blind loyalty of a very small minority to justify their existence as owners.

As an ex-pat of Coventry who grew up supporting City, I don't have it in my heart to "support" another team, but I will start to follow my local tier 8 team. CCFC is in my heart which makes what SISU is doing soul destroying.

Flying Fokker

It already feels like supporting another team, we are only CCFC because of a golden share.nothing more.

I only support Coventry City. I rarely watch football. I haven't seen them play since I was a season ticket holder in Coventry.

The academy is bringing local lads through and for them to play outside Coventry is a disgrace.

No.

Buster

CCFC only for me.

But I have about reached the point of never going again until SISU have gone. They made sure my dad could never see another game. This is after supporting our club for well over 50 years. And there will be many more. But I just can't suddenly support another club.

Once a Sky Blue always a Sky Blue.
Ltd or Holdings
The good ship CCFC has been taken over by Tim , aka Captain Blackbeard and is sailing out the harbour . Time to look for another boat . Anyway Tim says ,it's his ship and he doesn't give two fecks if were on board or not

Terry Gibson's perm

I have sky and bt sport but don't really watch enough games to make it pay. I will not follow another side but it be more difficult when my boys are older if they choose another team and want to watch them, I don't think I could make them choose the Sky Blues like my dad made me as they hurt you too much! But maybe in a few years it may have calmed down a bit.

The longer CCFC stay in Northampton, the more it feels like a franchise club, Sisu City. The team that started this season bears hardly any resemblance to the one we watched in 2013/14. If this hijacking continues for much longer, I think many fans will walk away, either to other teams or to other pursuits.

For me, there is increasing attraction in the thought of a phoenix club. I have witnessed what AFC Wimbledon have achieved and think that our situation is similar in many aspects to what they faced. I think there will be a breaking point soon, perhaps if we are not back at the Ricoh by Christmas, when it will be time to decide whether we declare CCFC 'missing, presumed dead' and move on.

Skyblueloyal

I would watch football, but wouldn't "support" another team.

If we go then no I wouldn't support another team but would go and watch non league football where its about passion and not money

SkyBlueRabb5

I'll not support another pro club although I'm watching Stourbridge play a lot more since I won't go to CCFC out of principal. Our situation reminds me a lot of Darlington & it didn't end well up there!

I also have sky sports. Watch a lot of cricket & golf. And I'll watch a lot of PL games too but can't get involved as I simply don't support anyone!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I support another team now, as well. OK, so it started off as a footie-fix, but as I've been going to just about every home game for the past few years, I've got very attached to them. My "other" team? Newport (IOW). They're in the Wessex Premier League - finished 4th last season - and play the likes of Lymington, Christchurch, Petersfield, Fareham and Winchester. We have an FA Cup Extra Preliminary round game this afternoon against Hamworthy United - £1500 to the winner! I'll be there!
When I get back home, I will check the City result and probably cry myself to sleep tonight!

Last edited:

zuni

No, wont come to that anyway.And stop being a drama queen.

explain how it wont, all the facts point to it will....i am honestly cofused to how some people remain blinkered to the truth of whats actually happening. You may hope as we all do that this will get resolved but there is nothing to say it will other than what we know....another appeal, piss poor crowds, minimal investment in the team, people losing interest...thats the truth on where we are

Otis

Otis Big game for the Jets on Sunday. ;);) Away, Sheffield Predators.

How they doing this season?

Tell you one thing I would love to happen if the City were never to came back to the Ricoh and that would be for the purported NFL UK franchise team to be based there,even if it was just for practice games and training and development squads.

Only a dream though of course. It would never happen in a million years.

Nick

Administrator
I have no idea about the rules of American Football but I feel after watching a game with a few beers it would make me want to shout Hut hut and flying tackle people!

letsallsingtogether

We are off to watch the rugger for the first HOME game of the season 6 of us so far all regular city fans.

Bill Glazier

I go to see Brackley Town these days, but if CCFC became a normal club again I'd be back. Still my first and only real football love.

Users who are viewing this thread