Sisu can't replace Thorn whilst a takeover is ongoing (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

Even if Sisu wanted to replace Thorn they probably are very reluctant to do so. For 1 thing it may actually be agreed as part of negotiations that they won't sack him allowing Hoffman to choose the timing of any managerial change if he takes over. Secondly Sisu probably don't want the cost of replacing him. There only option maybe an internal caretaker appointment and they may feel that this would simply undermine player confidence in the club and the manager appointed.

Realistically we should just get behind Thorn and hope he pulls off an escape. Next season is next season.

They don't give a stuff about upsetting potential buyers as they are reluctant to sell. They also don't want to replace Thorn because it would cost them even more than it would if they keep him.

I'm sure this has been discussed every day for the last 6 months.

PhilWasn'tBabb

In think you have hit the nail on the head, SISU are not going to spend the money to sack AT. It might be the best sign that this supposed take over might still be happening.

ccfcway

SISU dont want to spend is a sign that the takeover is happening ?

If so, its been happening for the past few years then !

ashbyjan

Would the cost of sacking Thorn, replacing him with someone competent and staying up be outweighed by the drop in the value of the club following relegation? Obviously there is no guarantee that a new manager will keep us up but I would have thought the cost of sacking Thorn wouldn't be huge, especially if they simply moved him back to Chief Scout and got someone in, cost of relegation would be millions. Personally I think the reason we are not hearing much about a takeover is that there is currently nothing to hear - if its because Hoffs bid has fallen apart then he should declare so, if its because he is waiting for relegation when they can buy it for less then that hardly reflects well on a him as a true fan. If there is nothing happening until the summer he should come out and say so and urge everyone to get behind the team regardless of ownership - staying up is more crucial at this moment in time than any future takeover.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
dont think AT forms any part of any possible agreement..... managers come and go, generally replaceable so why build him into any agreement. Plus given his track record as an investor I would be questionning why keep him - if I had huge amounts to invest I would want to give the club its best chance and that isnt with a novice manager

The cost of replacing him is a misnomer - should they replace him and stay up then that would far outway the cost of getting rid

We are also making assumptions
GH might not take over
The talks may have stalled
SISU might mean what they say that the club isnt for sale

Their only options are not limited to an internal appointment - it just seems more likely to us
Frankly given the results our team is achieving I dont give a damn it upsets a group of under achieving over paid players (youngsters excluded)

Could change if they wanted to - just have to assume they dont want to. I wouldnt read anything into it in respect of any potential takeover

dongonzalos

Even if Sisu wanted to replace Thorn they probably are very reluctant to do so. For 1 thing it may actually be agreed as part of negotiations that they won't sack him allowing Hoffman to choose the timing of any managerial change if he takes over. Secondly Sisu probably don't want the cost of replacing him. There only option maybe an internal caretaker appointment and they may feel that this would simply undermine player confidence in the club and the manager appointed.

Realistically we should just get behind Thorn and hope he pulls off an escape. Next season is next season.

Great Post

Sky Blue Sheepy

Much as agreeing with our new WUM annoys me, I agree it's a good post. I think our recent home form matches/beats our close rivals combined home/away form so we have a good chance still of escaping with 1 win taking us back out. Here's hoping it continues tho!

lordsummerisle

So If Hoffman does take over and replaces Thorn, will Thorn then become crap in the eyes of the "Anti-Sisu, Pro-Thorn" camp, or will there be immediate protests against the new regime?

Sterling Archer

What I don't understand is the thought process of alot of fans that seem to think replacing Thorn will automatically ensure survival.

With the situation the club is in, who could we realistically attract to the job? No money, relegation fight, small squad lacking in quality, a board notorious for cashing in and not replacing those better players and dwindling crowds in a stadium too big for us.

TommyAtkins

It may not cost a lot to sack Thorn but it will be additional money that the club can't afford.

In addition, what is the point of sacking Thorn unless there is a credible alternative to replace him?

No one will want the job. No matter how poor Thorn may or may not be, we are not going to attract a decent, proven manager.

You can forget about the likes of Tisdale or Billy Davies.

As for the takeover, if that happens, we might see the new owners appointing their own preference as manager. But the same applies: Coventry will be a League One club will very little money to spend in the transfer market, with huge expectations and a declining fan base.

If administration happens (and that is a seperate debate), we might be in League One on minus 10 points.

Sterling Archer

Paul Tisdale would be an excellent appointment. I always wanted us to get Howe and Hill (Burnley and Barnsley) whilst they were at their previous clubs.

@richh87

So If Hoffman does take over and replaces Thorn, will Thorn then become crap in the eyes of the "Anti-Sisu, Pro-Thorn" camp, or will there be immediate protests against the new regime?

Or will people simply say "oh well Thorn gave it his best shot but was Inexperienced"?

City fans don't do protests, that would involve them leaving the house.

Nonleagueherewecome

Paul Tisdale would be an excellent appointment. I always wanted us to get Howe and Hill (Burnley and Barnsley) whilst they were at their previous clubs.

Agreed: to those who say Tisdale's a nobody, so were Hill and Howe a few years ago. All have got small clubs promoted against the odds. If we are looking for a new manager, Tisdale would be my overwhelming choice. He might even be tempted too, as he's surely taken Exeter as far as it is possible to take them.

We never hire up-and-coming managers, just has-beens or never-were's on the way down.

Colonel Mustard

What I don't understand is the thought process of alot of fans that seem to think replacing Thorn will automatically ensure survival.

You won't find anybody who thinks a replacement will automatically ensure survival - it's merely a forlorn hope. Change gives the club an outside chance at staying up; there is no real basis for believing that the team will survive under AT's watch.

With the situation the club is in, who could we realistically attract to the job?

There is never a shortage of applicants for the post when it is made available.

BackRoomRummermill

Absolute crap I am afraid, the takeover has nothing to do with the manager. Any take over will be of assets and not a pants manager if he is in or out of post.

@richh87

When's the last time City fans rated their manager?

Can they all have been bad - or can city fans not face the reality that the club can't afford good players?

Grendel

They certainly can't afford a good manager that's why we don't have one.

Grendel

Didn't really answer the question. No change there then SISU fanboy.

Well you clearly love their choice of manager don't you. I don't and I don't like them either.

Users who are viewing this thread