SISU Business Plan? (1 Viewer)

topcat

Just thought............................

Win Judicial Review
ACL refund council
ACL go bust - buy Ricoh cheap!
Sue council for loss of business

New stadium - smokescreen

dongonzalos

Plan........

Hold out as long as possible away from Ricoh
Putting pressure on ACL, also put pressure on the council with JR and empty Ricoh.

JR and new stadium = smokescreen.
Issues with rent = smokescreen

Chances of winning JR = no chance, but implanting the thought adds more pressure on the council.

Council sell Ricoh for less than 10 million.

Sell Coventry and the Ricoh when the new railway network is built. For 60-70 million.

Problem..........

They seemed to have underestimated the council, again

Key Question ........

What is plan B?

I do not believe it is a new stadium. If it is then they are worse business people than we currently fear.

I hope it is a cheap long term rent deal followed by promotion and selling the financial stability and premiership dream. I hope they have a cut off date, when plan B kicks in.

IMO

Last edited:

Gint11

Win Judicial Review
ACL refund council

Very possible. That thought process has gone through my mind.

Rusty Trombone

If ACL have to repay the loan as a result of any future JR ruling (already some big assumptions here), then I would think they will be in a good position to get funding elsewhere.

They may have been repaying a lot of the loan already, does anyone know what the current amount outstanding is? If they have had a good couple of years of profit, then funders will be happy to lend. When this loan was original called in by RBS the financial world was in more turmoil than now.

So I believe that if ACL repay the loan to the Council, this will have no bearing on the football situation.

OyJimmy

I find it hard to believe that Sisu are waiting on the JR which even if it goes against the council won't change much. The loan will simply be made more commercial.

So what is Sisus business plan? Sit it out at Sixfields and hope the council offer to sell the stadium?

Surely the

OyJimmy

I find it hard to believe that Sisu are waiting on the JR which even if it goes against the council won't change much. The loan will simply be made more commercial.

So what is Sisus business plan? Sit it out at Sixfields and hope the council offer to sell the stadium?

Surely the other part to the question is what is the councils plan to restore football to Coventry?

James Smith

The thing I would like to know is who from the CCFC/Otium/Sisu is footing the bill for the JR. Is this going to be more debt loaded onto our club?

letsallsingtogether

Yes too true and with this JR only in it's infancy how much more time and money will it take with who ever loses appealing then appealing again.

They won't talk till it's over at this rate we will all be fuckin dead, CCFC included.

The thing I would like to know is who from the CCFC/Otium/Sisu is footing the bill for the JR. Is this going to be more debt loaded onto our club?

Specs WT-R75

Win Judicial Review
ACL refund council

My personal thoughts are that if the Ricoh hold out then they have no option but to build a stadium. I don't see any other options.

Plan A: Eventually get Ricoh by one of various means. JR&discount. Buying ACL. Buying freehold. 99yr lease etc.

Plan B: Build a shed 10-12k in N&BBC with the "plan" to make the stadium bigger. I don't think this modular thing will ever happen though (maybe expansion to 15k), because the long term plan will still be to try and get the Ricoh. At that point they will look to sell/rent/lease the shed to Nuneaton or Bedworth FC... Having 2 stadiums in close proximity would have added benefits. Shared groundsmen and catering staff (assuming dates of games were co-ordinated) admin staff for carparks etc etc. Or knock the shed down and build houses....

topcat

I'm not sure that ACL will be able to get £14M competitive finance for Ricoh as it is apparently valued at around £8M

kmj5000

Surely the other part to the question is what is the councils plan to restore football to Coventry?

...err, how about making a rent-free offer? Oh, wait a minute.....

Or do you think they should, instead, let SISUE have the freehold for next-to-nothing?

Specs WT-R75

...err, how about making a rent-free offer? Oh, wait a minute.....

Or do you think they should, instead, let SISUE have the freehold for next-to-nothing?

There are lots of councils that have peppercorn rent arrangements with their football clubs as they understand the economic benefits that the club brings to the city.

I don't endorse giving the freehold for nothing, but a cheap, long term lease with no access to Arena/Hotel side of things... yeah - the alternative costs the city a LOT more and that is before we start with the emotions of fans.

shmmeee

Not sure it comes under their remit to be honest. Lots of football clubs in Cov, the council can't be blamed for all of them being unsuccessful.

I can't remember did they step in when other sports teams in the City got in trouble?

Rusty Trombone

I'm not sure that ACL will be able to get £14M competitive finance for Ricoh as it is apparently valued at around £8M

The ACL loan was to help fund the purchase of the lease. The valuation that is being put about, at varying figures, is about the freehold. Two completely different things, owned by different companies, so has no bearing on any finance ACL may want/need.

Bill Glazier

My personal thoughts are that if the Ricoh hold out then they have no option but to build a stadium. I don't see any other options.

Plan A: Eventually get Ricoh by one of various means. JR&discount. Buying ACL. Buying freehold. 99yr lease etc.

Plan B: Build a shed 10-12k in N&BBC with the "plan" to make the stadium bigger. I don't think this modular thing will ever happen though (maybe expansion to 15k), because the long term plan will still be to try and get the Ricoh. At that point they will look to sell/rent/lease the shed to Nuneaton or Bedworth FC... Having 2 stadiums in close proximity would have added benefits. Shared groundsmen and catering staff (assuming dates of games were co-ordinated) admin staff for carparks etc etc. Or knock the shed down and build houses....

Doesn't all that sound a bit wasteful?

James Smith

I would ignore all the valuations being quoted in the media as we have no idea what criteria they were based on, what trading conditions or other financial were prevalent at the time. We don't know what the current amount owed to the council is, as we have no idea what if anything ACL have paid back already. According to PWKH things have improved at the Ricoh and they're doing much better but until we know more from the published and audited accounts we only have his word on this.

Snozz_is_god

I would ignore all the valuations being quoted in the media as we have no idea what criteria they were based on, what trading conditions or other financial were prevalent at the time. We don't know what the current amount owed to the council is, as we have no idea what if anything ACL have paid back already. According to PWKH things have improved at the Ricoh and they're doing much better but until we know more from the published and audited accounts we only have his word on this.

At least we will get published and fully audited accounts from ACL.

Users who are viewing this thread