Sisu bullying back-firing? (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

All the latest developments remind me of the school bully who when 11 was the biggest lad who picked on everyone and thought he was invincible but once the rest of the kids get bigger and by 14/15 the bully realises his days are over and cries about it.

Sisu started all this rubbish by trying to get the Ricoh on the cheap and scaremongering ACL. Since then its escalated into the farce it is now.

Wasps, CCC, CSF are playing sisu at there own game and the loser in all this is us CCFC. Such a shame but it boils down to SISU and there ridiculous antics all those years ago :(

Nick

Administrator
Let's look at where we are now.

We own sweet FA. The BPA new development will probably cost more than the figure you mention above. So yes I do. We'd be in a much better position now that's 100% fact
We would be in a better position now after paying 24m for food and beverage revenue. Really?

Grendel

We own sweet FA. The BPA new development will probably cost more than the figure you mention above. So yes I do. We'd be in a much better position now that's 100% fact

We'd be better off paying £24 million for something we sold for a quarter of that and still be paying £1.5 million a year rent?

Oh and also why are sisu here? Because they didn't want to buy into the stadium so they were the preferred bidder.

Ian1779

We owned fuck all then. We've had our pants down since 2003 and people have queued up to fuck us over ever since.

SISU were right to push on the price of the Ricoh, but executed it horribly and went too far. But make no mistake the blame lies with ALL parties.

clint van damme

All the latest developments remind me of the school bully who when 11 was the biggest lad who picked on everyone and thought he was invincible but once the rest of the kids get bigger and by 14/15 the bully realises his days are over and cries about it.

Sisu started all this rubbish by trying to get the Ricoh on the cheap and scaremongering ACL. Since then its escalated into the farce it is now.

Wasps, CCC, CSF are playing sisu at there own game and the loser in all this is us CCFC. Such a shame but it boils down to SISU and there ridiculous antics all those years ago :(

What's your point?

We all know what SISU are. Our club is on the brink because the council and their cohorts are now going about getting even with a vengeance, are you OK with that?

The Lurker

We would be in a better position now after paying 24m for food and beverage revenue. Really?

Wouldn't be in the position of wasps owning the Ricoh would we? Have access to revenue from all concerts etc... Look at how popular the Ricoh is. If only CCFC had access to the profits from all that! Seriously look at where we could be compared to where we are now.

Ian1779

Wouldn't be in the position of wasps owning the Ricoh would we? Have access to revenue from all concerts etc... Look at how popular the Ricoh is. If only CCFC had access to the profits from all that! Seriously look at where we could be compared to where we are now.

Wasps could still own the stadium - or more to the point someone that was not us would do.

Nick

Administrator
No, it was our match day only wasn't it? Nothing to do with concerts

The Lurker

We owned fuck all then. We've had our pants down since 2003 and people have queued up to fuck us over ever since.

SISU were right to push on the price of the Ricoh, but executed it horribly and went too far. But make no mistake the blame lies with ALL parties.

Sisu fucked CCFC over by using the Ricoh as a potential goldmine which they wanted on the cheap! And we're where we are now because of there actions.

Ian1779

Sisu fucked CCFC over by using the Ricoh as a potential goldmine which they wanted on the cheap! And we're where we are now because of there actions.

Pretty sure they'd have paid what Wasps did... Now only if CCC had offered that up front we wouldn't be here either.

Grendel

We're where we are because of SISU FFS. If they negotiated instead fighting and bullying we wouldn't be here now.

Sisu are here because the council wanted then - as they were the only people who didn't insist on owning acl

Daniel gidney hated the club being at the Ricoh and thought it was the only reason that the Ricoh wasn't a major player - ACL never wanted the club other than to pick up the bill.

Ian1779

The only reason wasps own Ricoh is due to us moving to Northampton and the stadium was vacant. If we didn't move to Northampton they wouldn't be here now!

Maybe - but you would have thought a council that denounced the moving of a club from its home town as morally reprehensible would then have not sold out to a franchise that moved a club from its home town...

Nick

Administrator
But what does all this boil down to? Sisu acting bullies and it escalated from there
Sisu didn't even need to be here did they? Imagine if the council would have sold to shapiro for more than they did wasps and have the club and ground together with no sisu....

They laughed at it..

clint van damme

We're where we are because of SISU FFS. If they negotiated instead fighting and bullying we wouldn't be here now.

we all know that! So you're happy for CCC to install London wasps franchise at the Ricoh and allow them to take over the Alan Higgs centre to teach SISU a lesson even if it means killing our club?

eastwoodsdustman

Sorry chap. Think back to when Mcgin and Robberson were in charge, The club was on its arse and, if anything, in a worse state than it is now. Massive wage bill, massive rent and no income other than tickets and player sales. Selling our share of the F&B dug us out of the shit at the time only for someone else to be waiting in the wings to fleece us. Whichever way we turn, there are people after everything they can get out of the club. Usually a front for our beloved council I'm afraid. Sisu have made mistakes, massive ones, but are still reaping what was sown 15 years ago.

Ian1779

But what does all this boil down to? Sisu acting bullies and it escalated from there

It originates from CCC screwing club over back in 2005 over the Ricoh deal. Then again in 2007 by only accepting bidder for CCFC that didn't want stadium. In 2009 they told the club they would have to pay astronomical prices for a part of the Ricoh... Only after that did SISU start with their nonsense.

tisza

I just think we've found ourselves on the backfoot against a high-energy campaign from Wasps to establish themselves in the city.
I think the Wasps perspective is all about themselves rather than a specific attack on the football club. Our plight is of no material interest to them whilst they concentrate on their own interests. If our council and other bodies that share a name (Coventry) with the football club aren't interested in its future then why should they be.
There is something Bryan Richardsonesque about the Wasps approach (possibly with the same long-term consequences for them). Can they really afford to take on another 7 million debt in building this training centre?
I can't get my head around the concept of a city of rugby. Is there really a demand for this? Can football fans really be converted in large numbers into rugby fans?
Football club & its owners need to take a breath and decide where they're going on all the issues- BPA, courts, academy etc.
They'd already identified the fact that Ricoh & Higgs weren't ideal solutions (even pre-Wasps).

67tuck

if the 15,000 who stood around Broadgate in July 2014 stood together once more and adopted NOPM from the 1st game of the season in August and leave an empty stadium....... Then see how many games it takes SISU to drop legal action !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

if the 15,000 who stood around Broadgate in July 2014 stood together once more and adopted NOPM from the 1st game of the season in August and leave an empty stadium....... Then see how many games it takes SISU to drop legal action !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we're going to force the club to accept any deal going, no matter what the cost to the club itself in the long term?

We're going to slit the club's throats for it?

Be better if we all turned up for a Wasps game...

mrtrench

But make no mistake the blame lies with ALL parties.

I respectfully disagree. The fault lies with the club in my opinion and the reason is motivation. CCC's mandate is the prosperity of the people of Coventry; if that overlaps with the fortunes of the club then that's great but if it doesn't they must do what is right for the entire city, not the 0.5% of the population that might turn up at the Ricoh on a Saturday afternoon. The only party in this whose interest is CCFC is the club, so the onus is on the club for its own health.

No, SISU didn't start this decline - that happened during the Richardson era - but they have certainly continued it.

I doubt that many will agree - that's because we are partisan; we love the club and don't think independently about the issue. But if one steps away from that and thinks as an independent then it must be entirely the club's fault.

Nick

Administrator
I respectfully disagree. The fault lies with the club in my opinion and the reason is motivation. CCC's mandate is the prosperity of the people of Coventry; if that overlaps with the fortunes of the club then that's great but if it doesn't they must do what is right for the entire city, not the 0.5% of the population that might turn up at the Ricoh on a Saturday afternoon. The only party in this whose interest is CCFC is the club, so the onus is on the club for its own health.

No, SISU didn't start this decline - that happened during the Richardson era - but they have certainly continued it.

I doubt that many will agree - that's because we are partisan; we love the club and don't think independently about the issue. But if one steps away from that and thinks as an independent then it must be entirely the club's fault.
Let's not pretend ccc are all about the people, it isn't just ccfc being screwed over. The rugby club aren't owned by sisu

How many councils would be happy to see their football club get pushed out to move on a London rugby club in?

Last edited:

mrtrench

Let's not pretend ccc are all about the people, it isn't just ccfc being screwed over. The rugby club aren't owned by sisu

How many councils would be happy to see their football club get pushed out to move on a London rugby club in?

I'm writing about their mandate, Nick; not the individuals. I very much doubt if any politician cares about anything other than power and themselves, but as an organisation their responsibility is the city, not the City. If you think empathically then it makes all the sense in the world to bring in a top rugby club if the football team is hell-bent on self-destruction. SISU isn't responsible for everything that's gone wrong at the club - but they take full blame from me for everything that has happened to CCFC since they arrived.

Nick

Administrator
I'm writing about their mandate, Nick; not the individuals. I very much doubt if any politician cares about anything other than power and themselves, but as an organisation their responsibility is the city, not the City. If you think empathically then it makes all the sense in the world to bring in a top rugby club if the football team is hell-bent on self-destruction. SISU isn't responsible for everything that's gone wrong at the club - but they take full blame from me for everything that has happened to CCFC since they arrived.
So why aren't all councils doing it? If their football team is in league one why aren't they trying to draft in bigger rugby clubs or something?

Captain Dart

Would you rather we had paid £24m for F&B rights back in 2009?

Same old nonsense as Grendul peddles quoting past discussions like they were fixed in stone, in fact this figure wasn't even even out of a formal discussion, it was said in a corridor conversation, it has no relevance to anything.

It was of course possible to get agreement as Wasps proved. That may have been through a combination of perceived tangible & intangible benefits (ie this appalling city of Rugby stuff, however much I dislike it it still equates to money flowing in to the City & I think that was what the council were looking for) but SISU were found wanting, had no investment plans, whatever they'd said around the time of their takeover, all they were interested in then as now is reducing costs & selling assets.

This situation is largely about inward investment & jobs in the City, Wasps are going to spend £7M at Allard Way, CCFC are spending nothing anywhere, in fact they are laying off staff at the ticket office and using an outside agency instead.

However I don't think the council have properly considered the negative effects of shunning CCFC, the whole thing is going too far now, but if the litigation continues I think nothing will change. My preference is for SISU to admit defeat and sell up, but I don't think my wish will be granted.

Last edited:

mrtrench

So why aren't all councils doing it? If their football team is in league one why aren't they trying to draft in bigger rugby clubs or something?

Is that a serious question Nick or are you playing games? I'll assume it's serious for now as I'm not sure you are taking the piss.

Firstly, why pick on a rugby club? The general question is "why aren't all councils trying to bring in organisations that will bring wealth into their city?" and the answer is that they are.
Secondly, deliberately setting out to hinder a local amenity is quite a different thing to being forced to react to a situation like ours. Had the club renegotiated rent in a constructive manner I'm sure this entire situation would have never occurred, but now the whole situation has become a vicious circle. CCC seems to have given up on the club - and who can blame them with the continuous unsuccessful litigation? Even now however I believe that if a new owner came in and behaved like an adult with Wasps and the Council that things would improve.

But in any case, my principal (and principle) point is that SISU is the captain of the CCFC soul, the master of its fate. If the club prospers (not the team, the club) then they alone should take the plaudits and vice versa.

mrtrench

And whilst I'm on a roll; why do people keep dropping the c-bomb about Wasps and their supporters? It's misdirected anger; we are justly angry about the situation that the club is in but that isn't Wasps' fault - they simply reacted to a situation in their own best interests. And their supporters are just people who like to watch rugby - it is possible that different people like different things; we are a diverse society and I like it that way. To quote the Au Pairs: "We're equal but different... it's obvious".

Nick

Administrator
Is that a serious question Nick or are you playing games? I'll assume it's serious for now as I'm not sure you are taking the piss.

Firstly, why pick on a rugby club? The general question is "why aren't all councils trying to bring in organisations that will bring wealth into their city?" and the answer is that they are.
Secondly, deliberately setting out to hinder a local amenity is quite a different thing to being forced to react to a situation like ours. Had the club renegotiated rent in a constructive manner I'm sure this entire situation would have never occurred, but now the whole situation has become a vicious circle. CCC seems to have given up on the club - and who can blame them with the continuous unsuccessful litigation? Even now however I believe that if a new owner came in and behaved like an adult with Wasps and the Council that things would improve.

But in any case, my principal (and principle) point is that SISU is the captain of the CCFC soul, the master of its fate. If the club prospers (not the team, the club) then they alone should take the plaudits and vice versa.

OK not just a rugby club, but would other councils bring in companies that put 2 of it's sports team at risk?

Had the council agreed to sell to somebody like Shapiro or Manhattan along with the Ricoh then there wouldn't have been rent issues.

Users who are viewing this thread