Sisu blocked moves for Carrol, Henderson and Cork (1 Viewer)

Gaskell

RAY Ranson has revealed that Coventry City’s owners Sisu blocked a move to buy England striker Andy Carroll three years ago.
The former Sky Blues chairman says the club also had an option to buy Sunderland’s Jordan Henderson and Chelsea’s Jack Cork after their successful loan spells at the Ricoh Arena – but the board wouldn’t pay out what he insists would have been less than £2 million for all three.
They are now worth in excess of £60 million.

OyJimmy

Yes another reason SISU should go. How much is Carrol worth now? 35 million. Would have cleared out debts.

sky_blue_up_north

Left me fuming on Friday. I just wanted to kick the shit out of SISU :blue:

ashbyjan

Yes but knowing us Colemanwould have played Carrol on the left wing, Henderson at left back and Cork in goal and then slagged them off as useless and then allowed their contracts to run down so they left for nothing anyway - business the SISU way.

Jimthor

Even if he didn't quite turn out the same, with the same basic talent base he would've still become a top player. Especially for what we'd have paid for him. I don't know why SISU ever bothered to have a proper footballing man involved if they weren't going to listen to him.

oakey

...and the proof that Ranson is telling the truth is what exactly?
... and the evidence that we would not have sold them on quickly to pay off debts is what exactly?

We would all like to believe it but it smells like bullsh*t and a drowning man clutching at straws, to me.
Ranson has done nothing to deserve this hero status so let's just see what pans out.
Trust no-one who has anything to do with running a football club without EVIDENCE.:facepalm:

bishbosh

My initial reaction to this story is similar to oakey - where is the evidence? Sometimes these kind of stories appear a couple of transfer windows later or after a big move, Ranson could have mentioned at least an earlier interest in Carrol after his move to Liverpool. Unfortunate timing from Ray.

However, I am more inclined to side with Ranson given what has happened with our selling policy.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I'm more inclined to side with RR and we're not exactly hearing anything from the club saying this is all bullshit

Users who are viewing this thread