SISU: A Millionaire Right Under Their Noses! (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Good article today about the Coventry-born bloke who's just bought Port Vale; "I didn't realise Coventry were in trouble!"

Worth a read.

Otis

My great grandma knows they're in trouble.

And she's been dead for over 50 years.

Skyblueweeman

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...er-coventry-city-ricoh-deal-92746-32419540/2/

slow news day at the CT then.

Knows nothing about it but happily drawing conclusions :facepalm:

But if the guy was around and looking for involvement in a club you might think think the "extensive" searches SISU and others have done might have turned him up ?

That was my first though OSB. I thought no stone was going to be left un-turned? Searches to far away places yet including the far east, yet there was a multi-millionaire within 50 miles (?) seemingly willing to chuck money at a football club?! Surely that's what we want, someone who's happy to chuck money at us!!!

covcity4life

SkyBlueRuffian

I watched this report on Sky Sports News and there are 2 businessmen involved in the takeover of Port Vale, Paul Wildes and Norman Smurthwaite, the former being an old adversity of Smurthwaites and the main player of the takeover.

Smurthwaite claims he knows nothing about football, so would fit right in with the muppets at the Council and SISU.

Last edited:

Danceswithhorses

The guy had never heard of Port Vale before, and didnt know CCFC were in financial trouble ???
On what planet has this guy been living ???
Also lives in Leicestershire......no comment :facepalm:

lordsummerisle

That was my first though OSB. I thought no stone was going to be left un-turned? Searches to far away places yet including the far east, yet there was a multi-millionaire within 50 miles (?) seemingly willing to chuck money at a football club?! Surely that's what we want, someone who's happy to chuck money at us!!!

You wouldn't have thought Hoffman would have needed to find his "investors" in China either?

Anybody any idea at all how much this bloke is worth, and how he has made his money?

Looks more like Paul Wildes who would have the money in the relationship i'd have thought.

torchomatic

CJparker

Chucking money at Port Vale is one thing. They may have the money to make a difference there.

Coventry is on a whole different scale, in terms of investment required to right the good ship CCFC.

SkyBlue_Bear83

"By pure coincidence Smurthwaite has been trying to get in touch with City’s chief executive Tim Fisher for advice on how to run a football club."

Actual quote from telegraph

skyblueinBaku

"By pure coincidence Smurthwaite has been trying to get in touch with City’s chief executive Tim Fisher for advice on how to run a football club."

Actual quote from telegraph

That'll be Port Vale buggered then. :pimp:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I threw money at the club a few years ago.

I got thrown out by the stewards coz a 50p piece hit a player on the 'ead! :D

mattylad

That entire article was done to promote his property portfolio in the city..he is well aware of the citys problems and in the days when free tickets were like confetti at Highfield Road would have been first in the queue, never to be seen again after Richardson stopped them (one of the few good things he did do)

The Reverend Skyblue

blimey you cant go one post without peddling your anti sisu agenda

for the love of god, how does stating the facts make OSB anti SISU. You really have'nt a clue have you .
Show me where OSB is anti SISU !! , and i mean an article he wrote slating SISU, not some sentance. OSB is the most balanced poster on this site, as all he does is to try to make the ones not so educated on the financial balance sheet, make some sense of it all.

I can not believe anyone can think OSB is anti SISU, i suppose your some expert in this area, so i'm looking forward to your insights on where we stand financially

The more you post, the more clueless your posts get.

The Rev

Mucca Mad Boys

for the love of god, how does stating the facts make OSB anti SISU. You really have'nt a clue have you .
Show me where OSB is anti SISU !! , and i mean an article he wrote slating SISU, not some sentance. OSB is the most balanced poster on this site, as all he does is to try to make the ones not so educated on the financial balance sheet, make some sense of it all.

I can not believe anyone can think OSB is anti SISU, i suppose your some expert in this area, so i'm looking forward to your insights on where we stand financially

The Rev

OSB does put a slight anti-SISU spin on his facts (I'm thankful for any of his facts).

I wouldn't say he is anti-SISU by giving facts? No but, he's made an opinion based on facts, which everyone is entitled to.

procdoc

The Rev
I wouldn't worry about it Rev, afterall isn't this the same poster who insisted Andre Santos was a quality player and anyone who disagreed (i.e most of the country) didn't know anything about football?

SkyblueBazza

Is that what we all want? A potentially short-term sugar-daddy who could take his cash anywhere anytime? Agree may accompany short-term relative success too however. A different type of worry might be nice for a while though, at least

ccfclinney

If this chap was interested in the city he would have known we been in trouble for years.
Even though is was a season ticket holder many tears ago

i agree, he only knows now because national headlines ! all city fans know about the trouble we are in.

Publicity stunt i say.

cloughie

The Rev

Yes he is clueless, this is the same poster that said I am not a real supporter of CCFC ........... after over 45 years supporting CCFC :thinking about:
No doubt he and his like minded CCFC followers are more on the ball after 5ish years of supporting CCFC possibly with about 1 as an adult

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread