Sir Waggott (2 Viewers)

Mr Creosote

Dont know know why you are ignoring the fact he is the best thing to happen to the club for years!!

we should repay him with our respect and loyalty for getting an amazing deal to enable Money to be pumped into the team...

Sir Waggy all the way.....

Edit : in my ealier post I said it was Waggott but this sounds more like RFC !!!

ccfc92

Dont know know why you are ignoring the fact he is the best thing to happen to the club for years!!

we should repay him with our respect and loyalty for getting an amazing deal to enable Money to be pumped into the team...

Sir Waggy all the way.....

100% RFC's alter ego.

samccov1987

Whether you like Waggot or not you have to say financially we are probably in a better place to be self sustainable. Not sure what the rent agreement is but assume its nominal with with a food and beverage rebate; that along with a dramatically reduced wage bill should enable us to escape l1 this year or next.
You could argue we still have debt but that's too our owners and will be used as leverage when they finally decide to sell.
I see Waggot as a wheeler dealer who knows how to turn a profit from our playing staff. The fact some of our former players and their agents don't like him I see as a good sign. Sure he's ruthless behind the scenes but he at least knows how to play the pr game in public unlike Dim Tim, ML and Joy.

Rusty Trombone

Whether you like Waggot or not you have to say financially we are probably in a better place to be self sustainable. Not sure what the rent agreement is but assume its nominal with with a food and beverage rebate; that along with a dramatically reduced wage bill should enable us to escape l1 this year or next.
You could argue we still have debt but that's too our owners and will be used as leverage when they finally decide to sell.
I see Waggot as a wheeler dealer who knows how to turn a profit from our playing staff. The fact some of our former players and their agents don't like him I see as a good sign. Sure he's ruthless behind the scenes but he at least knows how to play the pr game in public unlike Dim Tim, ML and Joy.

Any current players we sell would be at a profit wouldn't they?

Which former players and their agents don't like him?

Mr Creosote

Absolutely!!!

samccov1987

mcsheffery, jennings, baker e.t.c were all rumoured to have been moved on for financial rather than football reasons. Reduced bonus payments that didn't go down well. Last seasons bomb squad was predominately the result of his financial decisions and agents apparently despise him - which is why some of our rumoured signings take so long to get over the line.

Not all bad things as some of these decisions had to be made and being a hard negotiator on wages and agent fees should be applauded.

Last edited:

Rusty Trombone

Sorry to to clarify, no rent but match day costs only

That would make sense, I don't believe we have a presence at the ground apart from on a match day, so any charges could be packaged as match day costs.

Now we can just argue about match day costs, great.

Mr Creosote

So they will be paying about £150k per season in match day costs, compared to £1.2m.... What an amazing saving!!!

That would make sense, I don't believe we have a presence at the ground apart from on a match day, so any charges could be packaged as match day costs.

Now we can just argue about match day costs, great.

ccfc92

mcsheffery, jennings, baker e.t.c were all rumoured to have been moved on for financial rather than football reasons. Reduced bonus payments that didn't go down well. Last seasons bomb squad was predominately the result of his financial decisions and agents apparently despise him - which is why some of our rumoured signings take so long to get over the line.

Not all bad things as some of these decisions had to be made and being a hard negotiator on wages and agent fees should be applauded.

Will 100% agree with this. I'd rather players were on okay wages with high performance bonuses personally.

Brighton Sky Blue

Applauding somebody for seeing that 23 x 2,000 is much less than 23 x 12,000+ is a bit much. However, if he managed to persuade Joy that the campaign to bust ACL wasn't going to work any time soon and that negotiating a return was the best option, then he deserves big credit.

ccfc92

I do see SW as the best of a bad bunch. We will see how he does as CEO before sounding the trumpets first yeah?

Rusty Trombone

So they will be paying about £150k per season in match day costs, compared to £1.2m.... What an amazing saving!!!

Yep, so maybe £250k less than the club were offered before they moved to Northampton. The £250k saving isn't great on a two year deal compared to the millions lost in ticket sales and sponsorship.

Astute

They had an offer last season of two seasons at 150k. Why not come back then?

Oh yes I remember. There was a smoking gun.

Grendel

They had an offer last season of two seasons at 150k. Why not come back then?

Oh yes I remember. There was a smoking gun.

No it was a 10 year deal not two.

Mr Creosote

Well, Joy blessed the pitch with the Dean of Coventry before the match on Friday, so it looks like she now has God's respect and forgiveness!

See how much of a genius Sir Waggott is, he made all this happen and must have a direct link to heaven...

CET... Get behind Waggott for the New Years Honours list, if he's good enough for God, then he is good enough for the Queen.....

..and Joy should be awarded the Knight's Cross- with Oak Leaves..

rupert_bear

When the next change happens which isn't be that long away "Sir" Steve Waggott will be jettisoned and hopefully out of football for good.

Mr Creosote

When the next change happens which isn't be that long away "Sir" Steve Waggott will be jettisoned and hopefully out of football for good.

You are so wrong and clearly don't recognise the business mastermind Sir Steve is! Granted sometimes his football skills are not always bang on but not many in the game are always right.

But to out smart ACL and the Council he should be given every CCFC's supporters full respect....amazing business acumen......

lifelongcityfan

You are so wrong and clearly don't recognise the business mastermind Sir Steve is! Granted sometimes his football skills are not always bang on but not many in the game are always right.

But to out smart ACL and the Council he should be given every CCFC's supporters full respect....amazing business acumen......

Give it a rest...its getting very boring now. you will be saying that the chairman of the FL deservesa knighthood next !!!!!!

rupert_bear

Seems to me he and his crew were outsmarted by the local vicar and are paying now what they could have been paying 12 months ago costing his company about £150000 a home game plus a years rent and compensation to Northampton Town F.C, smart that, very smart. I bet people will be queuing up for his services hopefully very soon.

Buster

Reading between the lines ,I'm guessing that you think that Steve Waggott should be knighted. Your comment got the required response can we move on.

robbiethemole

Why would a business partner need to "outsmart" other partners in the first place? Surely working together openly and tranparently is the only way to build up the trust and reliance so obviously missing in this whole sorry shambles and fiasco! I wouldn't ever want to work with some-one who I thought had got one over on me, and I'm pretty sure the CEO's of ACL and the CCC are at least as smart as me.

How sad will you be when the SISU roadshow packs up it's tents and caravans and fooks off??:pointlaugh:

Ashdown

Let's face it we all thought he was a funny little Geordie fella with a dodgy beard when he first joined SISU.

But it clearly transpires the man is a footballing expert and a business genius!

he has single handedly played a blinder with Cov council and ACL and out smarted them both to bring us home paying no rent and getting a share of parking, beer and sponsorship... He is without doubt the best thing hat has happened to SISU and ACL in years....think of how much extra money can now be spent on players with the increased revenue and less costs to pay out in rent. Not to mention he economic benefits it has brought back to businesses in Coventry

the CET should start a campaign to get him nominated for the New Years honours list and become a knight of the realm.

Arise Sir Waggott

Waggott, is just another mouthpiece for 'The Boss' Joy. Lets not kid ourselves, he's from the dark side..............but at least he know's a bit about football and he doesn't come over as such a smarmy twat like Fisher. Oh and the return arrangements were not publicised to my knowledge.

Astute

Well, Joy blessed the pitch with the Dean of Coventry before the match on Friday, so it looks like she now has God's respect and forgiveness!

See how much of a genius Sir Waggott is, he made all this happen and must have a direct link to heaven...

CET... Get behind Waggott for the New Years Honours list, if he's good enough for God, then he is good enough for the Queen.....

Are you RFC in disguise?

harvey098

I think Mr Creosote had quite a lonely Saturday night and winding up coventry fans was his only source of entertainment.

ajsccfc

He's terrible at it, unless the goal is to say stupid stuff and have people call it stupid.

skybluericoh

The ones that have forced this return are the NOPM until we return. Simple, if more had gone to six fields they would have kept us there longer in order to maintain pressure on ACL. But losing court cases, not getting an income, seeing ACL maintain their business, even the strong rumours of Ruby going to the Ricoh will have all played a part.
If he guides us to promotion and then to a strong challenge in the championship, then he might be deserving, but all they have done so far is gone back to a place we should never have been taken from in the first place.

Mr Creosote

So disappointed the CET hasn't started their campaign to get Waggy a knighthood!!!

Come on let's all get behind the Geordie genius!!

Let's face it we all thought he was a funny little Geordie fella with a dodgy beard when he first joined SISU.

But it clearly transpires the man is a footballing expert and a business genius!

he has single handedly played a blinder with Cov council and ACL and out smarted them both to bring us home paying no rent and getting a share of parking, beer and sponsorship... He is without doubt the best thing hat has happened to SISU and ACL in years....think of how much extra money can now be spent on players with the increased revenue and less costs to pay out in rent. Not to mention he economic benefits it has brought back to businesses in Coventry

the CET should start a campaign to get him nominated for the New Years honours list and become a knight of the realm.

Arise Sir Waggott

Grendel

So disappointed the CET hasn't started their campaign to get Waggy a knighthood!!!

Come on let's all get behind the Geordie genius!!

Leave the wumming to someone who is good at it

Users who are viewing this thread