"Singing The Sky Blues - Another Victim Of Mismanagement" (1 Viewer)

coop

The first two games didn't sell out the only game that I no of of being a sell out was Chelsea in the fa cup.But a very good article I've been saying for years most of the mess we are in is down to that robbing bastard Richardson.

Grendel

Mcginnity was the ultimate architect of our doom. Richardson was no different to 90% of all chairman at that time.

The CableGuy

Everyone forgets the first 2 games at the ricoh were actually sell outs.

With capacity capped to 23,000.

From what I heard at the time, we could have had 40,000 for the QPR game if the bloody builders hadn't taken so many tea-breaks and finished the stadium on time.

I'm sure we lost around £1 million due to lost ticket and club merchandise sales.

coundonskyblue

With capacity capped to 23,000.

From what I heard at the time, we could have had 40,000 for the QPR game if the bloody builders hadn't taken so many tea-breaks and finished the stadium on time.

I'm sure we lost around £1 million due to lost ticket and club merchandise sales.

Shouldn't we have got compo off acl for that?

The CableGuy

Shouldn't we have got compo off acl for that?

Should of, but (and I could be wrong, I'm sure there's experts on SBT who will correct me if needed?), when you sign an contract with a construction company, to have to pay extra to get compensation if the work is completed late and you suffer financially because of it.

Did City pay the extra fee? No.

The ticket office wasn't completed for the QPR game, so, we missed out on cash there.

The CableGuy

The only agreement I saw was the one which meant the builders left early every day.

The constructors (Laing O'Rourke) had to bring in more builders from another construction job to get the Arena ready - but we still ended up moving our opening day game (home to Norwich) to Carrow Road.

Users who are viewing this thread