Since we lost to preston 3-2 in november (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueMatt

Sheaf is going nowhere. With him, Torp & Eccles, we need another to give us plenty of depth then we'll be in a very strong position.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

rexo87

If Sheaf has a strong end to the season and plays well against United I can see him going at the end of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

A number of players are in the shop window on April 21st
If mve has a good game can see him getting interest too

4 year contract so it will take a hefty fee

Mucca Mad Boys

If it were pre planned I'm a bit confused as to why we signed only one wide attacking player.
Well, the word used was ‘evolution’, so they probably expected McFadz to play longer than he did. He didn’t lose his spot because of individual poor performance, but rather we played better as a team with the new formation. Wide players weren’t our biggest recruitment need in the summer after what was a complete clear out.

Therefore, it is likely that we’d have focused recruitment of wide players this summer.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well, the word used was ‘evolution’, so they probably expected McFadz to play longer than he did. He didn’t lose his spot because of individual poor performance, but rather we played better as a team with the new formation. Wide players weren’t our biggest recruitment need in the summer after what was a complete clear out.

Therefore, it is likely that we’d have focused recruitment of wide players this summer.
And not added any on loan in January?

Mucca Mad Boys

And not added any on loan in January?
Well, if our form was better, we probably wouldn’t have fast tracked the change in formation, so no.

As it happened, we changed formation mid season and Sakamoto established himself as a top performer. He and Wright were our only wide players so we really needed cover in case of injuries.

In the summer, we’ll definitely getting another winger in, perhaps 2. EMC, Sakamoto, Wright and another would be great going into next season.

Something to ponder, Adi Viveash did mention that we have the personnel to play 4-4-2 in his recent interview. Perhaps that’s something we’ll consider if we’re unable to sufficiently replace COH in the summer.

shmmeee

I see later in the interview he said "Revealing the plan to switch to a four this season, he said: “In terms of a system, I think that evolution was always going to happen". But I don't believe for a second they planned that, and if they did it was managed badly.

Either that or the plan was for MvE and Saka to compete at RWB and we were chasing a left forward in the summer for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread