Simply The Best (2 Viewers)

Gazolba

curtis gould pointer rees
No doubt Ray Pointer was a great player at one time but by the time he came to CCFC he was old and crocked much like Ken Keyworth. They were both stop-gap short-term signings.
As for the best player, it depends on the criteria. Loyalty and longevity George Curtis, John Sillett or Steve Ogrizovic. Sheer skill: George Hudson, Tommy Hutchinson, Robbie Keane, Noel Whelan. Excitement: Peter Ndlovu, Ronnie Rees. Grit and determination: Dennis Wise, Mo Konjic. My personal favourite: John Aloisi.

Last edited:

skybluedan

Hutchison is the best player we have had since promotion to the top flight.

There isn't a contest really.

Wish I had been young enough too see him go, I have a mate over here who shares the same name he is named after him as his dad was a fan tbf though there Pompey fans

skybluedan

No doubt Ray Pointer was a great player at one time but by the time he came to CCFC he was old and crocked much like Ken Keyworth. They were both stop-gap short-term signings.
As for the best player, it depends on the criteria. Loyalty and longevity George Curtis, John Sillett or Steve Ogrizovic. Sheer skill: George Hudson, Ian Wallace, Robbie Keane, Noel Whelan. Excitement: Peter Ndlovu, Ronnie Rees. Grit and determination: Dennis Wise. My personal favourite: John Aloisi.

Forgot about whelan and Aloisi good shout Gaz

skybluedan

cant belive no one has said cyrille regis...... what a player should have played many more times for England than just 5, could do everything head use his chest shoot, when he would bring the ball down on his chest and turn and go like a rocket nothing was stopping him. only blot on his copy book was going you know where and scoring a goal you know when . also liked George botang too.
Yeah I said big Cyril already and totally agree

Mr T - Sukka!

Has to be Clarrie Burton doesnt it. His time may have been many many years ago but his record blows anyone out of the park.

No question all time top CCFC scorer.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Micky Quinn scored some crucial goals for us.
I used to love singing"He"s Fat he's round,He scores on every ground Micky Quinn,Micky Quinn"

Users who are viewing this thread