Simon Moore (1 Viewer)

Offhegoes

He looked so steady and reliable during the 21/22 season. His errors against Sunderland, Millwall, Hull and Wrexham last season though were truly shocking

JimmyHillsbeard

Sliding doors moment. Moore is “rested” after some high profile mistakes at the start of last season.

Then first home game of season (after the Commonwealth Games Rugby ruined the pitch) vs Preston. Moore’s replacement, Ben Wilson, charges out of his goal and brings down a Preston player on the edge of the box. It’s a clear red card. Wilson has blown his chance. Moore starts to pull off his tracksuit and begin limbering up. He will be on as soon as the substitution for a sacrificed outfield player can be organised.

And then, to the surprise of absolutely everyone the ref issues a yellow card only against Wilson and the game continues 11 vs 11. We lose 0-1 but Wilson keeps his place in the starting XI. He gains confidence as the season progresses and Moore only gets one more game - vs Wrexham in the Cup where he is at fault for one of Wrexham’s goals in an embarrassing defeat.

The fickle finger of fate and the heavy hand of history….

Alkhen

I hope they didn't scout him off the back of his display against them in the cup.

odd one, looked steady when he first came in but seems to have lost all confidence. I guess its hard to tell as he never plays. harsh life of a goalkeeper

ptr

Was never the same after he came back from Covid that year, not saying his poor performances are related to covid, or even the vaccine it’s just a coincidence…god I sound like Matt Le Tissier

SlowerThanPlatt

Was never the same after he came back from Covid that year, not saying his poor performances are related to covid, or even the vaccine it’s just a coincidence…god I sound like Matt Le Tissier
Must be something in the water

Reactions: ptr

shmmeee

It could just be long COVID bringing his reactions down slightly. Only a small difference needed at this level.

SkyB

Unrelated note but he seems to be with England cricketer, Sophie Ecclestone. They've been making some 'coupley' tiktoks recently. On her account if anyone's interested.

rob9872

I've never been a fan of changing keepers for a cup game. It's why Moore suffered further v Wrexham and why Wilson never looked solid on his previous cup cameos when many wrote him off. Keepers need a run in the side and I'm certain Moore would have come good if we'd stuck with him, but Ben deserved his chance and took it.

Users who are viewing this thread