Simon Jordan looked at CCFC Ownership (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

Looks like it's just re-hashed from the Telegraph version with even more bits cut out.

People are already taking it as fact that it's happening.
Who thinks it's fact ?
Personally I can't see any mileage in this whatsoever, in fact any talk of a takeover
Will be taken with a "shovel of salt" right up until the signing of contracts.
We are Coventry City FC, nothing good ever happens to us, I can't see
Any reason to believe that will change anytime soon.:emoji_disappointed_relieved:

Nick

Administrator
Obviously, you don't think people can make there own assumption up? Do you have any faith in peoples intelligence? ;)

Online and social media people will look more into it and discuss it. Every day people who see the headline and read it in print they do believe things more.

skybluetony176

Well yes, people who actually know rather than have been briefed about what's going on and then comments taken.

Briefed? Are we supposed to believe that people who operated and in some cases still operate in the football business and have a connection to CCFC are not aware of the well documented problems at the club until the CT contact them? Do they all retire from playing and go off grid living in a cave somewhere?

Nick

Administrator
Briefed? Are we supposed to believe that people who operated and in some cases still operate in the football business and have a connection to CCFC are not aware of the well documented problems at the club until the CT contact them? Do they all retire from playing and go off grid living in a cave somewhere?

Not the details no, lots are "from what I have read from fans on social media" or "from what ive been told". How many seem to know in detail what's going on?

Did you miss the day the petition launched the telegraph staff tweeting loads of people saying "Can you follow me so I can DM you?" to people?

Christ, Dion Dublin openly admitted he didnt know much and clearly just wanted to promote something.

You hear Micky Quinn banging on about never being able to buy players as if we are in the Premier League (even though we did just buy 2).

ccfchoi87

Would you rather our plight be out of the media instead?

I wouldn't care, enough people know about our plight but in truth who actually gives a fuck? Same goes for Blackpool charlton etc. People read about it and say 'oh that's a shame' but they can't do anything about it even if they wanted too

sky blue john

Sensible approach really to say that he would be interested as part of a consortium. Spreading the cost its a big project.
The way Nick is talking you would think he wouldn't wellcome the opportunity of new owners !

Nick

Administrator
Sensible approach really to say that he would be interested as part of a consortium. Spreading the cost its a big project.
The way Nick is talking you would think he wouldn't wellcome the opportunity of new owners !

I would more than welcome it if there is actually somebody serious there as I have said all along.

skybluetony176

Not the details no, lots are "from what I have read from fans on social media" or "from what ive been told". How many seem to know in detail what's going on?

Did you miss the day the petition launched the telegraph staff tweeting loads of people saying "Can you follow me so I can DM you?" to people?

Christ, Dion Dublin openly admitted he didnt know much and clearly just wanted to promote something.

You hear Micky Quinn banging on about never being able to buy players as if we are in the Premier League (even though we did just buy 2).

OK Nick. This is clearly one of those occasions where it's not worth wasting my breath with you. Anyone who speaks out about our situation either knows nothing or they'll do anything to put the boot in. We'll leave it there and I won't waste my afternoon.

Nick

Administrator
OK Nick. This is clearly one of those occasions where it's not worth wasting my breath with you. Anyone who speaks out about our situation either knows nothing or they'll do anything to put the boot in. We'll leave it there and I won't waste my afternoon.

Yes, this is one of those occasions you just over exaggerate my point.

covcity4life

What's wrong with the CT doing that? Are you not interested in what people with a connection to the club think?

CT are a joke now

they lsiten to slades cwr interviews and try to make a story out of it

they did one todaya bout g thomas. all based on one line slade said in itnerview lol

they offer nothing but opinions now. we as fans can do that for ourselves.

Irish Sky Blue

Yes, but what's it based on? Him tweeting about a shit stadium deal and past owners and an off the cuff remark about possibly helping out if others were that's been focused on.

People bang on about our plight, all it's doing is misleading fans to think he is going to take us over. Look at the people begging him, listen to people talking about it like it's fact.

He commented on it, it's been blown up and focusing on 1 quote, he's basing most of it on the assumption there will be a £1m profit (not realising it was EBIT) so whoever briefed him didn't do it properly. It's just the same as when there were telegraph staff tweeting every ex player or manager possible to get statements from them.

I think it is good that the CT are keeping the stories going. Are the ex players paid to make the comments that they do? Are they mis guided and do not understand the situation? Or maybe is it just the fact that they have some feeling for the club and like the rest of us, are sick and tired of the way that Sisu have run us into the ground, and welcome the opportunity to say so. Would you sooner they weren't asked or said nothing? Almost everyone on here says they want Sisu to go, you included and yet you choose to criticise the CT far more than you do Sisu. I want our situation to continue to be highlighted by whatever media outlet are prepared to do it. If that ids the CT then great. If their motivation is purely more clicks, ( I doubt this is their only motivations) it doesn't bother me. Fisher doesn't like it, Sisu don't like it and it may just bring our club to the attention of someone who can save us from these people.

Nick

Administrator
I think it is good that the CT are keeping the stories going. Are the ex players paid to make the comments that they do? Are they mis guided and do not understand the situation? Or maybe is it just the fact that they have some feeling for the club and like the rest of us, are sick and tired of the way that Sisu have run us into the ground, and welcome the opportunity to say so. Would you sooner they weren't asked or said nothing? Almost everyone on here says they want Sisu to go, you included and yet you choose to criticise the CT far more than you do Sisu. I want our situation to continue to be highlighted by whatever media outlet are prepared to do it. If that ids the CT then great. If their motivation is purely more clicks, ( I doubt this is their only motivations) it doesn't bother me. Fisher doesn't like it, Sisu don't like it and it may just bring our club to the attention of someone who can save us from these people.

It's good that fans get their hopes up about stuff like this? The same as when saying we are linked to X and Y player when we aren't?

Some of the ex players and people don't seem to have much of an idea what's gone on to be fair, some of them do who are around the club a lot still but others just go by what they read on social media or have been told.

It isn't highlighting our situation or doing damage to SISU, it causes confusion when they don't make things 100% clear. The same with the SISU accounts story where so many people thought they were for CCFC and they still do.

Jordan was told about the £1m profit bit and then worked off that, does he realise it was EBIT so it more than likely won't be £1m?

I point this out, because people just seem to swallow it. The same as when people like Juggy reel stuff out.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
C2C99ZkXUAA0TX-.jpg

Not misleading is it?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Strange, Why is it defending or protecting anybody?

No, I am saying look at what the story is based on.

If you want to get carried away and take everything as gospel without much basis then it's up to you.
I know there isn't a father Christmas, but I still get excited at Xmas. :emoji_santa: :emoji_relaxed:

Irish Sky Blue

It's good that fans get their hopes up about stuff like this? The same as when saying we are linked to X and Y player when we aren't?

Some of the ex players and people don't seem to have much of an idea what's gone on to be fair, some of them do who are around the club a lot still but others just go by what they read on social media or have been told.

It isn't highlighting our situation or doing damage to SISU, it causes confusion when they don't make things 100% clear. The same with the SISU accounts story where so many people thought they were for CCFC and they still do.

Jordan was told about the £1m profit bit and then worked off that, does he realise it was EBIT so it more than likely won't be £1m?

I point this out, because people just seem to swallow it. The same as when people like Juggy reel stuff out.

I don't think you give ex-players or fans on here enough credit for understanding the situation. Yes there are some who misunderstand and blame Sisu for things they are not guilty of. For most of us however, it is the lies, deceit, the using of our club as a pawn in their game etc. that means we want them gone. you know all that Sisu have done to this club and so do most posters.
Richard Shaw is a case in point of an ex player with first hand experience of how Sisu operate. Is it not good that the CT get him to tell his story? To be fair, the quotes from Simon Jordan, I think do show he seems to have a reasonable idea of what has gone on at the club. Should he not tell the story as he sees it? You say Sisu don't care, the way that Fisher reacts at times would suggest that they do. Even if you are right and it is all water off a duck's back to Fisher and co. should people not speak out simply because it is the right thing to do?
Like you and most people on here I want my club back. I want Sisu gone. Anyone or any organisation that is trying to do that, I think should be encouraged, not sneered at every time they write a story.
Probably Simon Jordan isn't the answer, but it does provide some hope that a) someone like him knows about and has taken an interest in our situation and b) that if he is doing that then others better placed than him might be doing it too.
Who is the greatest danger to CCFC, Sisu or the CT? (I don't thing the CT pose any danger).

Nick

Administrator
I don't think you give ex-players or fans on here enough credit for understanding the situation. Yes there are some who misunderstand and blame Sisu for things they are not guilty of. For most of us however, it is the lies, deceit, the using of our club as a pawn in their game etc. that means we want them gone. you know all that Sisu have done to this club and so do most posters.
Richard Shaw is a case in point of an ex player with first hand experience of how Sisu operate. Is it not good that the CT get him to tell his story? To be fair, the quotes from Simon Jordan, I think do show he seems to have a reasonable idea of what has gone on at the club. Should he not tell the story as he sees it? You say Sisu don't care, the way that Fisher reacts at times would suggest that they do. Even if you are right and it is all water off a duck's back to Fisher and co. should people not speak out simply because it is the right thing to do?
Like you and most people on here I want my club back. I want Sisu gone. Anyone or any organisation that is trying to do that, I think should be encouraged, not sneered at every time they write a story.
Probably Simon Jordan isn't the answer, but it does provide some hope that a) someone like him knows about and has taken an interest in our situation and b) that if he is doing that then others better placed than him might be doing it too.
Who is the greatest danger to CCFC, Sisu or the CT? (I don't thing the CT pose any danger).

Who said danger? It is sneered at because it's rubbish and it's over sensationalized and will give people false hope.

It's the misleading I'm talking about, just because somebody says sisu out it doesn't mean they should be blindly followed does it? All of this "plight" stuff is desperation.

Simon Jordan has been tweeting about mourhino today, is he going to hire him now?? He didn't tell his story, he answered questions put to him. Why not ask how hypothetically he would fix the club, that would be interesting wouldn't it? What we he do if he owned us now that's realistic. No mention of him saying a lot of the blame is past owners either?

He wasn't telling the story as he sees it, he was answering questions put to him.

You say about using the club for lies and deceipt but it's perfectly fine if they say sisu out I guess?

Gint11

Doesn't matter what SJ wants. We need our owners to put the club for sale. And that's not happening anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Doesn't matter what SJ wants. We need our owners to put the club for sale. And that's not happening anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People can still make offers. One they will take and run.

An actual serious offer, not a cc the telegraph in offer.

Irish Sky Blue

Who said danger? It is sneered at because it's rubbish and it's over sensationalized and will give people false hope.

It's the misleading I'm talking about, just because somebody says sisu out it doesn't mean they should be blindly followed does it? All of this "plight" stuff is desperation.

Simon Jordan has been tweeting about mourhino today, is he going to hire him now?? He didn't tell his story, he answered questions put to him. Why not ask how hypothetically he would fix the club, that would be interesting wouldn't it? What we he do if he owned us now that's realistic. No mention of him saying a lot of the blame is past owners either?

You say about using the club for lies and deceipt but it's perfectly fine if they say sisu out I guess?

I think Sisu are a danger to the very existence of CCFC. I think most fans do. That is why it is there conduct that is highlighted and criticised by most people. Most people on here make valid points Sisu and their mismanagement of the club. While acknowledging that you want Sisu to go, you seem to spend more time in your posts having a go at the CT who you seem to admit in the post above are no danger to CCFC. You say it is misleading and it is rubbish, perhaps some of it is. However are they not right to criticise Sisu for what they have done to us? Are they not right in starting the petition asking for them to go? ( However ineffective in getting rid of Sisu this might be). Are they not right to talk to someone like Richard Shaw and hear his experience of working under Sisu? (Is what he says misleading and rubbish or uninformed. They are wrong to talk to Simon Jordan even though he is quite willing to express his views on the situation and is quite critical of Sisu? (Isn't this good that it gets into both local and national papers?).
If a take over by Jordan was imminent it would be good to get his views on how he will fix the club. As you point out, it is unlikely to happen so at the moment is irrelevant. I am also not interested in his views on Mourinho. I am interested and pleased when anyone even with a slight football prominence raises our situation (which I think is a plight).
I am not a journalist, so I whether the CT campaign is good or bad I don't know. I do know it is a campaign. We haven't had one before, it is aimed at the right people so I will support it.
I would assume that you think the idea of a campaign by the local press is good. They obviously have to sustain it and sustain interest over a long period of time. What would you do if you were running the campaign? How could the CT do things better?

Irish Sky Blue

He wasn't telling the story as he sees it, he was answering questions put to him.

Also by saying that it gives people false hope you are assuming that people can't make up their own minds on the validity of a story. Again it doesn't seem that you are giving people credit for understanding the situation. It is almost like you are saying that you know and understand things better than everyone else, they are gullible but you are not.

The Reverend Skyblue

I think Sisu are a danger to the very existence of CCFC. I think most fans do. That is why it is there conduct that is highlighted and criticised by most people. Most people on here make valid points Sisu and their mismanagement of the club. While acknowledging that you want Sisu to go, you seem to spend more time in your posts having a go at the CT who you seem to admit in the post above are no danger to CCFC. You say it is misleading and it is rubbish, perhaps some of it is. However are they not right to criticise Sisu for what they have done to us? Are they not right in starting the petition asking for them to go? ( However ineffective in getting rid of Sisu this might be). Are they not right to talk to someone like Richard Shaw and hear his experience of working under Sisu? (Is what he says misleading and rubbish or uninformed. They are wrong to talk to Simon Jordan even though he is quite willing to express his views on the situation and is quite critical of Sisu? (Isn't this good that it gets into both local and national papers?).
If a take over by Jordan was imminent it would be good to get his views on how he will fix the club. As you point out, it is unlikely to happen so at the moment is irrelevant. I am also not interested in his views on Mourinho. I am interested and pleased when anyone even with a slight football prominence raises our situation (which I think is a plight).
I am not a journalist, so I whether the CT campaign is good or bad I don't know. I do know it is a campaign. We haven't had one before, it is aimed at the right people so I will support it.
I would assume that you think the idea of a campaign by the local press is good. They obviously have to sustain it and sustain interest over a long period of time. What would you do if you were running the campaign? How could the CT do things better?

What Nick and other posters question, including myself, are posters like your good self who only blame one party, you very rarely mention the council or Higgs in your blame game. Like you want Nick to blame SISU I'm sure he wants to hear you blame more than just one party who created this whole pig of a mess we are in just as much as you want him to blame SISU, which I'm sure he does like myself and many others, where we blame the.whole lot of them
Just my thoughts

Last edited:

Irish Sky Blue

What Nick and other posters question, including myself, are posters like your good self who only blame one party, you very rarely mention the council or Higgs in your blame game. Like you want Nick to blame SISU I'm sure he wants to hear you blame more than just one party who created this whole pig of a mess we are in just as much as you want him to blame SISU, which I'm sure he does like myself and many others, where we blame the.whole lot of them
Just my thoughts

My main gripe is with criticism of people who are trying to do something about our plight. Whatever the CT do is wrong simply because it is the CT. I am not bothered about their motivation, although I don't think it is as cynical as some people say. If they are attempting to get rid of Sisu, then good. I am totally against Wasps. I have said several times that they are a franchise every bit as bad as MK Dons. They have nothing to do with Coventry and I don't think they should be here. The council too haven't covered themselves in glory in the way they have dealt with the club and have arguably dealt the biggest blow to our future by selling the stadium to Wasps. However, the way I see it, the council sold and Wasps are here because of the actions of Sisu.
From my perspective, I look and see who I think has the most opportunity to influence the future of our club. That is not Wasps or CCC. It is Sisu. Everything they have done and everything they still do and say shows me that they do not care about our club. It is simply a pawn in their game. They would dispose of it in a blink if it served their purpose.
Therefore, I see Sisu as the enemy, they are the target and we come back to the point that anyone who tries to oppose them I think should be encouraged. If you don't agree with the format the opposition takes then make constructive criticism, or better still start to gather support for what you see is the way forward and do it yourself. I am not really bothered whether Nick or anyone else has a go at Sisu. It is the sniping at people/ organisations that are trying to do something to get rid of them that I object to, without doing anything better themselves.

Nick

Administrator
My main gripe is with criticism of people who are trying to do something about our plight. Whatever the CT do is wrong simply because it is the CT. I am not bothered about their motivation, although I don't think it is as cynical as some people say. If they are attempting to get rid of Sisu, then good. I am totally against Wasps. I have said several times that they are a franchise every bit as bad as MK Dons. They have nothing to do with Coventry and I don't think they should be here. The council too haven't covered themselves in glory in the way they have dealt with the club and have arguably dealt the biggest blow to our future by selling the stadium to Wasps. However, the way I see it, the council sold and Wasps are here because of the actions of Sisu.
From my perspective, I look and see who I think has the most opportunity to influence the future of our club. That is not Wasps or CCC. It is Sisu. Everything they have done and everything they still do and say shows me that they do not care about our club. It is simply a pawn in their game. They would dispose of it in a blink if it served their purpose.
Therefore, I see Sisu as the enemy, they are the target and we come back to the point that anyone who tries to oppose them I think should be encouraged. If you don't agree with the format the opposition takes then make constructive criticism, or better still start to gather support for what you see is the way forward and do it yourself. I am not really bothered whether Nick or anyone else has a go at Sisu. It is the sniping at people/ organisations that are trying to do something to get rid of them that I object to, without doing anything better themselves.

The fact is you see it as enemies and a war, therefore you see others as allies if they say something about sisu and that they could be encouraged. Surely you should see what they are doing and then judge it before just blindly encouraging because it's against sisu? Ie will it harm ccfc more than it harms sisu.

It's the same how people make stuff up, and everybody agrees because it makes sisu look bad. In fact it doesn't, it just dilutes what they have done and makes it easier for them to hide that.All the "well saids" and stuff, the other day were gloating to agree with what juggy said without realising that he didn't realise it was sisus accounts and not ccfcs.

All of this "at least they are trying" stuff is bollocks, our fan base is confused, it's been admitted on here that articles are left for the reader to make up their mind. I pointed out why not just make the facts clear and precise and that was the answer I got.

Look how many people read the article about sisus accounts and thought it was ccfcs accounts?

There's been plenty of constructive criticism also. I have done some in this very thread.

Last edited:

ccfc92

People are actually thinking he's putting in a bid :joyful:

His tweet read to me as: "As a (business owner/football club owner) looking in at the situation...."

Irish Sky Blue

The fact is you see it as enemies and a war, therefore you see others as allies if they say something about sisu and that they could be encouraged. Surely you should see what they are doing and then judge it before just blindly encouraging because it's against sisu?

All of this "at least they are trying" stuff is bollocks, our fan base is confused, it's been admitted on here that articles are left for the reader to make up their mind. I pointed out why not just make the facts clear and precise and that was the answer I got.

Look how many people read the article about sisus accounts and thought it was ccfcs accounts?

There's been plenty of constructive criticism also. I have done some in this very thread.

I don't particularly see them as alliIes.I also think that it is right to look at the each protest on its merit. Blindly running around shouting "Sisu Out" is less than useless. (That is not having a go at chanting and singing at games as I think that this is one of the few ways people can vent their anger and frustrations and it also lets Tim know we haven't gone away). I agree that some protests work better than others. The marches had a feel good factor and encouraged a sense of unity. The pigs at Charlton and the whistles at the Sheffield match and the pitch invasion showed how angry people are and brought our plight to national prominence. The witch pictures and the sit in I don't think worked so well, that was partly because they have little or no impact on Sisu ( the sit in also because so few took part).
If the default position is that every anti Sisu protest is good because it is anti Sisu then I think that that is wrong although I would still commend those who have a go if not their actions and methods. Likewise the default position that everything that the CT does is crap because it is the CT is also wrong. Not everything they have done has been rubbish or uninformed. I would ask again, what should a concerted campaign by the local paper look like?

Gosford Green

From what I hear Simon Jordan getting involved has annoyed people at SISU/ CCFC.

Though it's more than likely as much the CT's angle of reporting than SJ calling out SISU as incompetent that's annoyed anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread