Simon Gilbert (1 Viewer)

AJB1983

I do wonder what this Crowley kids beef is.
Maybe he's embarrassed with the bullshit Fisher statements he had to put out when he was there, and he doesn't like someone else pushing a different version of events.

Moff

When you've finished commenting on people's appearance (which to my knowledge, has no reflection on their abilities as a journalist), then please feel free to PM me if you would like to comment further on your problems with Ben.

In your defence, I'm sure you are one good-looking bastard, whilst also being superb at your job, and would welcome being in the spotlight whilst working to provide for your young family.

It was a joke hence the wink, perhaps you missed that.

Don't see you frothing at the insults at Gilbert. Feel free to PM me if you want to give it the big un.

Oh and as it was a joke there was no reference to his journalistic ability, as I am sure he has earned his right to be there, but don't let that stop your rant, and I am one good looking bastard, and worked hard to support my family as well in a public environment so in my 'defence' you were spot on. Thanks.

Last edited:

Corrado

When you've finished commenting on people's appearance (which to my knowledge, has no reflection on their abilities as a journalist), then please feel free to PM me if you would like to comment further on your problems with Ben.

In your defence, I'm sure you are one good-looking bastard, whilst also being superb at your job, and would welcome being in the spotlight whilst working to provide for your young family.

Fucking wanker.
Calm down Ben :stop:

Travs

It was a joke hence the wink, perhaps you missed that.

Don't see you frothing at the insults at Gilbert. Feel free to PM me if you want to give it the big un.

Oh and as it was a joke there was no reference to his journalistic ability, as I am sure he has earned his right to be there, but don't let that stop your rant, and I am one good looking bastard, and worked hard to support my family as well in a public environment so in my 'defence' you were spot on. Thanks.

Personally I do not know Mr Gilbert, and I do not read the Telegraph or follow their website, so I do not know what people's problems are with him on here. I do think it's typical bully-boy mentality though, and half the people on here are happy to hide behind anonymity and make comments,whilst the people at the Telegraph do not have that option.

As for giving it the big in, I don't recall that, I just called you a wanker. I do apologise for misinterpreting your 'joke', but if your best attempt at humour is to remark on people's appearance then don't give up the day job that you are so good at...

torchomatic

The ongoing Twitter spat between Crowley and Gilbert is amusing. Gilbert just accused Crowley of lying. I tend to believe Crowley as we know the CT certainly HAS kept a lid on stuff in the past.

Reactions: vow

Moff

Personally I do not know Mr Gilbert, and I do not read the Telegraph or follow their website, so I do not know what people's problems are with him on here. I do think it's typical bully-boy mentality though, and half the people on here are happy to hide behind anonymity and make comments,whilst the people at the Telegraph do not have that option.

As for giving it the big in, I don't recall that, I just called you a wanker. I do apologise for misinterpreting your 'joke', but if your best attempt at humour is to remark on people's appearance then don't give up the day job that you are so good at...

Not sure if you noticed but most people have anonymity on here, like you when calling me a wanker. That must be your typical bully boy mentality as you put it. :facepalm:

As for giving up the day job, retired early at 45, so I obviously did ok, so I am now free to make as many jokes as I wish

Obviously the irony of calling someone a wanker for them making a joke (calling someone else a name) is lost on you.

Last edited:

Esoterica

What's that quote again? Something like 'The great thing about anonymity on the internet is that you can be whatever you want to, so why do so many people choose to be dickheads?'

hill83

I do not read the Telegraph or follow their website, so I do not know what people's problems are with him on here.

Say no more then.

Also it's not just 'on here' it's everywhere that normal people have the ability to respond to him. He brings it on himself.
I've seen about 4 people defend him on here and all 4 have said they don't go on twitter or follow what he says etc. Work that one out.

Another point, I'm not completely anonymous myself unlike you.

Nick

Administrator
I bet you are top of the Tim Fisher Super Fan Boy Chart ;)

ChmtkslWEAA7TiD.jpg

Travs

Say no more then.

Also it's not just 'on here' it's everywhere that normal people have the ability to respond to him. He brings it on himself.
I've seen about 4 people defend him on here and all 4 have said they don't go on twitter or follow what he says etc. Work that one out.

Another point, I'm not completely anonymous myself unlike you.

You've pretty much backed my point up there. Moff accused me of not "frothing at the mouth" over the comments against Simon Gilbert. I've not made any attempt to defend him, if he comes on here as a public figure, then I'm sure he knows he's going to get abuse. I rather suspect he doesn't care. I just think a lot of the people who slate him would probably be a lot less quick to have a go at him to his face.

As for Moff, just face it you made a cheap quip about someone based on their appearance, and got picked up on it by someone who knows the guy in question very well. If you did the same in a pub and were overheard, you'd probably just have to hold your hands up and apologise. This is my point on anonymity, as here you've just tried to back up your "joke". If you're over the age of 45 and still attempting to make fun of people based on appearance then you probably need to take a look at yourself.

As for being anonymous, I'm not a regular poster on here by any stretch, but at least a few people on here will know who I am, and I've often talked openly about who I am and made no attempt to hide.

Moff

As for Moff, just face it you made a cheap quip about someone based on their appearance, and got picked up on it by someone who knows the guy in question very well. If you did the same in a pub and were overheard, you'd probably just have to hold your hands up and apologise. This is my point on anonymity, as here you've just tried to back up your "joke". If you're over the age of 45 and still attempting to make fun of people based on appearance then you probably need to take a look at yourself.

As for being anonymous, I'm not a regular poster on here by any stretch, but at least a few people on here will know who I am, and I've often talked openly about who I am and made no attempt to hide.

If I had said it in the pub and someone took offence I would have apologised, but then not if a complete twat like you waded in calling me a fucking wanker. Don't try and take some moral high ground.

As for being over 45 I'm not, I am 45 so again take your moral high ground elsewhere. I didn't realise 45 was a cut off for making jokes. My mistake, next time I will refer to you.

Again the irony of you keep attacking me for making what you classed as a derogatory comment shows me the utter plum that you are.

Last edited:

skybluedan

You've pretty much backed my point up there. Moff accused me of not "frothing at the mouth" over the comments against Simon Gilbert. I've not made any attempt to defend him, if he comes on here as a public figure, then I'm sure he knows he's going to get abuse. I rather suspect he doesn't care. I just think a lot of the people who slate him would probably be a lot less quick to have a go at him to his face.

It's a forum and people say what they want if someone has made a joke about someone then so be it and nobody cares who you are and if you really want I can pm you and we can have a chat ?

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Can people chill out with the PM stuff?

Hopefully Moff was joking and it came across wrong, I'm not sure he would purposely want to insult the way somebody physically looked.

I feel sorry when those selfie videos are made, you can sort of tell they hate doing them. It's hardly going to make them seem dolled up in their sunday best stood with a selfie stick with their phone in the wind worrying about which twat is going to interrupt.

skybluedan

If I had said it in the pub and someone took offence I would have apologised, but then not if a complete twat like you waded in calling me a fucking wanker. Don't try and take some moral high ground.

As for being over 45 I'm not, I am 45 so again take your moral high ground elsewhere. I didn't realise 45 was a cut off for making jokes. My mistake, next time I will refer to you.

Again the irony of you keep attacking me for making what you classed as a derogatory comment shows me the utter plum that you are.

You 45 Moff , your fuckin well old Im 41 so have four more years to take the the piss

Travs

Moff I don't know why you're getting so worked up.... You had a bit of a pop at someone I'm close to, I took a bit of offence and called you a wanker, probably unjustified, I'll admit that. Let's just leave it at that. I've no desire to go on some crusade arguing with everyone.

As for Skybluedan, I don't know who you are, but obviously some big man, carry out your veiled threat to have a "chat" with me via pm if you like...

Moff

Moff I don't know why you're getting so worked up.... You had a bit of a pop at someone I'm close to, I took a bit of offence and called you a wanker, probably unjustified, I'll admit that. Let's just leave it at that. I've no desire to go on some crusade arguing with everyone..

Agreed. Lets move on.

I think Sky Blue Dan was being tongue in cheek.

Travs

I see. Apologies to Skybluedan as well then.

At the end of the day we're all city fans and if the football wasn't so piss poor we'd probably have better things to do than argue.

At risk of unmasking my "anonymity", Mr Eccleston of the telegraph is a close personal relative, so the suggestion that he should lose his job was not taken in good humour by myself (to my discredit).

To get back somewhere remotely near to the original topic, I've no particular opinion either way on the local media coverage of City. I don't keep fully up to date with it admittedly. But I wish both the local bbc and papers wouldn't so actively get behind Wasps, but that is obviously the policy from higher sources, so would not want to direct my angst at any individuals in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread