Simms + Wright = ? (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I think at some point i wrote each one off whilst backing the other. So I’m claiming 100%.

StrettoBoy

We were all delighted when Gykores scored 22 goals in all competitions in the 2022/23 season.

It is possible that both Wright and Simms could match that and even if they don't they are unlikely to fall short by much given that they are currently on 16 each

This is an astonishing achievement, especially when you consider that both of them - Simms in particular - had such slow starts to the season.

It augurs well for next season

shmmeee

We were all delighted when Gykores scored 22 goals in all competitions in the 2022/23 season.

It is possible that both Wright and Simms could match that and even if they don't they are unlikely to fall short by much given that they are currently on 16 each

This is an astonishing achievement, especially when you consider that both of them - Simms in particular - had such slow starts to the season.

It augurs well for next season

As I said in the other thread, players to score 15 or more since the start of the PL are Vik, Dublin, McSheffrey, Wilson, Clarke, McNulty, Godden, Armstrong, McGoldrick I think.

Basically a who’s who of City’s best ever strikers in the modern era. That’s the level they’re at in their first season. You have to respect it.

Grendel

As I said in the other thread, players to score 15 or more since the start of the PL are Vik, Dublin, McSheffrey, Wilson, Clarke, McNulty, Godden, Armstrong, McGoldrick I think.

Basically a who’s who of City’s best ever strikers in the modern era. That’s the level they’re at in their first season. You have to respect it.

I don’t see why life changed in 92. Ian Wallace and Terry Gibson scored over 20 in the top flight and were the best strikers I’ve seen

Mucca Mad Boys

Simms and Wright are 3 goals away from surpassing Gyokeres’ monster performance in goal involvements (goals & assists) from last season.

It’s an area that we’ve statistically improved which was no easy feat.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don’t see why life changed in 92. Ian Wallace and Terry Gibson scored over 20 in the top flight and were the best strikers I’ve seen
I don’t think @shmmeee is much older than me and I wasn’t around in 92.

Simms and Wright is the best pair of strikers I’ve seen play for Cov.

Gyokeres and Hamer still the best two I’ve seen for City in my relatively short time as a supporter.

M&B Stand

I mean they couldn’t hit a barn door with a shovel between them before christmas.
Hardly surprising they were questioned after the dollar we’d spent.
Now its like 2 new top signings have just turned up, knocking em in like micky quinn, funny old game as they say.

covcity4life

Gyokeres and Hamer still the best two I’ve seen for City in my relatively short time as a supporter.
Shmee was alive im sure. He doesn't strike me as a young un

Cally Fedora

I mean, let’s not get carried away. Simms has started hitting the back of the net - fantastic. But his first touch is still poor. You’re putting him and Wright ahead of, just as a few examples, Dublin and Huckerby, Keane and Rousell.

Evo1883

I think gyokeres is levels above what we have here today , but that doesn't mean I think they're shit , we as a team are playing differently than at any point with vik , it was literally give it to vik and see what he can do .

Vik in this team would probably be above 30 goals this season in the league

Mucca Mad Boys

I think gyokeres is levels above what we have here today , but that doesn't mean I think they're shit , we as a team are playing differently than at any point with vik , it was literally give it to vik and see what he can do .

Vik in this team would probably be above 30 goals this season in the league
Gyokeres is playing levels above Simms & Wright but I wouldn’t discount either of the two developing further.

Gyokeres got 23 in all competitions last season so let’s just appreciate that Simms & Wright both have 16 with enough to match that tally.

Evo1883

Gyokeres is playing levels above Simms & Wright but I wouldn’t discount either of the two developing further.

Gyokeres got 23 in all competitions last season so let’s just appreciate that Simms & Wright both have 16 with enough to match that tally.

No i think it's great , wright is already older than vik I think .. simms not the same type of forward.

Sick Boy

He’s older than me and I was going the 92-93 season.

Tommo1993

Gyokeres is an incredible footballer , a powerful 9 that you rarely see in the modern game anymore .

Best at city for a couple decades

He sounds very CR7-esque about his training regime/diet when others have spoken about him. Not that it always matters, as THE Ronaldo was the complete opposite.

mmttww

50% hit rate. I’ll take that

Gary Barlow Odyssey GIF by Take That

Old Warwickshire lad

Kept saying Simms would come good,but thought we would see best of him next season.
Called Wright to f*** . He has made me eat my words after Stoke away.

Johhny Blue

Wright should stop trying to cut onto his right so much when he’s got the opportunity to shot with his left. He’s actually pretty good with his left, as seen with the goal today, but he also wasted a fair few chances by trying to cut back when he would have had a clear shot at goal if he’d taken it on earlier on his left.
He’s developing into something very good but does have a habit of shooting when the sightline is already blocked. He’ll wait until the defender commits and then hit it straight at him. Hit one very similar against Simms yesterday.

covcity4life

I was alive in 1992
I rmemeber in 1992 thinking this window salesman was psychic. England were winning 1 nil Vs Sweden I think in euro 92 after platt scored. I was jumping on sofa happy. He goes England will lose this just you watch.

Then they did. And I was like wtf how did he know. He had gone home by then but in my eyes will always be mystical lol

Users who are viewing this thread