Similarities between Ian Wallace and James Maddison? (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

Is it just me or are there similarities between the Ian Wallace injury situation and that of James Maddison? As I recall it, IW played a few games and looked impressive; only then to succumb to an injury (car crash?) and was out of action for a substantial period of time. I know that JM's injury was on the pitch but it seems to me that there are similarities between the two players and hope that history repeats itself inasmuch as James Maddison goes on to do as well as Ian Wallace did for us.

Hobo

Totally different style of player Wallace was a poacher playing off Ferguson.

Grendel

Mind Boggling

Tonylinc

Both got injured - there the similarity ends!
That is exactly my point Mark. I am not comparing the two players since their styles/purpose are miles apart, I am simply comparing their predicaments and saying that if JM comes back as IW did with the same effect then this team will be going places.

Samo

and never has such a mind been so boggled!

Nah he 's right, truly mind boggling. If you can't think of a decent thread, just don't start one at all.

Gazolba

The second letter of both their first and last names is 'A'.

Warwickhunt

No similarities what so ever, Ian wallace was a born fox in the box, James Maddison has got the lot in or outside the box he will play in the Premiership and go onto even greater things than Callum Wilson, we got a Gem and unfortunatly we will not be able to hold onto him past this season methinks

J

Jack Griffin

No comparison, they have completely different hair styles! :D

coventry-city-ian-wallace-54-topps-1978-orange-back-football-trading-card-8583-p.jpg

1674039-35479365-640-360.jpg

rupert_bear

James Maddison hasn't fully proved himself yet, has great potential and started this season with a bang, but time will tell how effective he is when tightly marked, which he will be, kicked by some hairy arsed opponent, which he will be and up against better players, which he will be. I have said on here before he is currently a talent but not yet a talisman, as for comparing him with Ian Wallace ? The first thing to consider Wallace did it in the top division at that time against the best defenders in the country, Maddison half a dozen games in division 3. Impossible and unfair to compare.

rupert_bear

Having read the OP I realised he was comparing injuries not ability re Ian Wallace he had two early on in his city career a car crash when he was lucky to only get cuts and bruises but more seriously he had the ball hit him full on in his face and gave him a detached retina and for a while threatened his career, he was out a good while with that

Samo

Having read the OP I realised he was comparing injuries not ability re Ian Wallace he had two early on in his city career a car crash when he was lucky to only get cuts and bruises but more seriously he had the ball hit him full on in his face and gave him a detached retina and for a while threatened his career, he was out a good while with that

Thanks for clearing that up rupert. So the similarity is that they both had injuries... spooky!
I've just noticed they both have noses... what are the chances?

hill83

I broke my hand once. I'm just like David Haye.

Illuminati confirmed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread