Sillett Telegraph Article (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Good article about the current turmoil at Sky Blues, manager situation etc. Snoz felt Pressley could have been a decent manager but had little help from the top adding we have the wrong people at the top leading the club down the wrong track, also said he would like to know who brings the players in the manager or Steve Waggot, is John Sillett speaking with some knowledge I ask myself. Went on to add he thought Trevor Peake currently a development coach at Leicester.would be an okay choice, yes an interested and perhaps veiled article.

torchomatic

It was Butcher what done it. He was the first of the almost continuing succession of shit ex-pros who thought they could manage.

Of course backin the day, the original plan was seeing Peake and Regis groomed to take over whenever Sillett moved aside.

Part of the reason Butcher got rid of em both.

NorthernWisdom

It was Butcher what done it. He was the first of the almost continuing succession of shit ex-pros who thought they could manage.

Peake could have been worth a go back in the day, probably deserved it more than McAllister and some of the chancers we've had.

Wouldn't want his reputation destroyed now by it becoming his first and only management job, however!

steveecov

Trevor Peake....now there was somebody who could read the game. Overlooked by England when they were desperate. Like a few in Sky Blue.

torchomatic

I think McAllister was probably the worst of the lot.

Peake could have been worth a go back in the day, probably deserved it more than McAllister and some of the chancers we've had.

Wouldn't want his reputation destroyed now by it becoming his first and only management job, however!

torchomatic

I'm not one for sentiment really, but it would have been fascinating to see what that quartet could've achieved.

Sillett mentioned that with Oggy doing the keepers and Greg Downes the commercial side ?

torchomatic

I agree. There's only really been two sackings I've been disappointed in: Black (still wouldn't have him back though) and Micky Adams. The rest deserved the bullet.

I still think the decision to sack Nilsson was right. Just the choice of who to come in instead was a wee bit crazy!

rupert_bear

I think McAllister was probably the worst of the lot.
Wouldn't disagree with that but in fairness to him he had the trauma a dying wife to contend with, player manager/ manager was far too much for anyone under those circumstances. The club should have sorted it way before they did imo.

torchomatic

True enough. However, the fact he's not done anything since suggests he wasn't cut out for it.

Wouldn't disagree with that but in fairness to him he had the trauma a dying wife to contend with, player manager/ manager was far too much for anyone under those circumstances. The club should have sorted it way before they did imo.

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread