Signing Number 3! (1 Viewer)

Otis

eastwoodsdustman

Dont most contracts expire on 31/7 ? It would make the player a free agent on 1/8. I'm not building my hopes up of it being a player from Euro's at this stage.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I thought potentially a player from the league of Ireland as that league starts in March but appears to end in October.

I assume it'll be a player that's currently playing in a domestic league that ends in July.

Tried googling but no breakdown of world leagues that finish in July.

When do Scandinavian leagues end?

junglej13

My thought was possibly a six month loan. The article also talks about Mowbray being after players where we have nailed on first teamers already. I suspect it will the Premier League left back he mentioned some weeks ago.

1ccfc

Or maybe we are trying to save on a couple of weeks wages. Not saying SISU are cheap or anything :smuggrin:

1ccfc

I think you're probably right.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I thought most contracts finished end of June after the season has finished. That way clubs don't have to pay players over the summer who are leaving. Might be wrong though.

Reactions: RFC

SkyBlueCRJ

Contracts finish 30th June. Its all about saving a months wages.

I agree, although as said above it would be nice for a player to have come out of the Euros I think the likelihood is that TM is probably making the most out of every pound available in the budget. Possibly why he does like signing players later on in the transfer window

Pete in Portugal

Gael Bigirimana is not in the 26 player NUFC squad which travelled to Ireland. Adam Armstrong is included. It's possible that Bigirimana's remaining 12 month contract will be cancelled by mutual agreement on 31st July, leaving him free to sign for us on 1st August.

steve82

My feeling is its a defensive player. Well I'm hoping anyway. The 1st August is a strange one, unless it's a early birthday present for me from the club.

skybluebeduff

It better not be Gael, why the fuck would you want that in this years squad.

Hopefully he convinced TM enough to remove his number from his phone.

D

Deleted member 2477

Ive got a feeling theres going to be a lot of pissed off people on here on the 1st Aug.
My mate was talking to sky blue sam at the borough game and he confirmed its Biggi. Just waiting on the kit man to sought the shirt out as apparently hes going to be our new left back

Users who are viewing this thread