SIGNED!!!! - Tatsuhiro Sakamoto (3 Viewers)

Gibbo

The potential Gyokeres money rather than Dave King money is making the difference, although he does appear to be letting us keep most of it, unlike SISU. However these two new signings represent a clear break with previous purchasing strategy, so has risk, Look at the squad that finished last season

Out of contract / tiny fee: (8). Wilson, McFadz, Bidwell, Allen, Palmer, Maguire, Moore, Dabo
Youth: (3) Eccles, Howley, Burroughs
Converted loans: (3) Sheaf, O'Hare, Gyokeres (try before you buy?)
Strategic purchase: (2) Godden (£750k), Hamer (£1.5m?)
Loans; (5) Panzo, McNally, Doyle, BNC, JWE.

Clearly spending £8m on a strategic purchase is way beyond the usual model. As is spending £2m on a 26 year old import - hope he is Hamer rather than Hilsner.

Gibbo

...a further thought.

We may have been a bit fortunate in the last two seasons. Because Covid so affected revenues for all clubs, our low budget model with an established squad was more resilient compared to otherwise better funded clubs whom you might think capable of 'buying' promotion - like Bristol, Swansea. Because of their reduced revenues they were unable to do so.

This year may be shaping up for a return to the pre-Covid norm, when a number of clubs were spending big in an attempt to reach the nirvana of the Premiership. Obviously based on the last two years' performance, DK hopes we can join the Championship elite. However the cost of doing so may be rising.

slowpoke

Why do we seem to have big hold ups with announcements, other teams seem to just fire them. We’ve literally got a player that’s been quoted as costing 2m€ in Portugal with us for pre season and still not announced officially, meanwhile Boro announcing players by the day, saying they’re joining the team abroad soon.
Simple, because there’s nothing to say until there’s something to say.

robbiekeane

Why do we seem to have big hold ups with announcements, other teams seem to just fire them. We’ve literally got a player that’s been quoted as costing 2m€ in Portugal with us for pre season and still not announced officially, meanwhile Boro announcing players by the day, saying they’re joining the team abroad soon.
Fuck sake our fans absolutely love a moan don’t they. Will find literally anything to whinge about

Finham

Agreed. Some real deluded comments here thinking Japanese people are going to come out in droves to watch CCFC because we signed a guy who only played two international fixtures for them.
They won't come in droves, but we'll get the odd handful.

TomRad85

Haven't seen Boros signings, are they as exciting as the youth team nobody's Sunderland have signed or the generic Championship players Birmingham have signed that everyone was creaming about last week?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Tomh111

There's definitely a song to turning Japanese, something like:

He's got you turning up and turning down,
And turning left and turning right.

We've got Tatsu Sakamoto, we've got tatsu Sakamoto I really think so

torchomatic

Surely somebody can make something of the tune Big in Japan from the 80s.

I presume everyone has heard of the late, great Ryuichi Sakamoto from the fantastic Yellow Magic Orchestra? Would be fantastic to use something from them but they tended to be instrumental. Shame.

@Otis will know.

Ccfcisparks

Haven't seen Boros signings, are they as exciting as the youth team nobody's Sunderland have signed or the generic Championship players Birmingham have signed that everyone was creaming about last week?

We would be buzzing if we had signed Jobe Bellingham and some Benfica players, we are buzzing over a Japanese Winger who has played in Belgium for one year.

TomRad85

We would be buzzing if we had signed Jobe Bellingham and some Benfica players, we are buzzing over a Japanese Winger who has played in Belgium for one year.
A Benfica B team player? Really wouldn't be buzzing at all

Otis

I presume everyone has heard of the late, great Ryuichi Sakamoto from the fantastic Yellow Magic Orchestra? Would be fantastic to use something from them but they tended to be instrumental. Shame.

@Otis will know.

Yup. Love a bit of YMO. Actually have some of their stuff on vinyl somewhere.

Definitely more instrumental than vocal, but many of their songs have vocals and lyrics. I can only think of Behind the Mask and Nice Age of the top of my my though.

I will try and wrack my brains.

Users who are viewing this thread