SIGNED!!!! - Tatsuhiro Sakamoto (3 Viewers)

mmttww

In Sky Blue
Oh My God Wow GIF

Marty

Never heard of him, but should be a massive commercial success for the club. Make shirt sales to the Japanese as easy as possible.

clint van damme

Coventry has a decent sized student population from the Far East. I wonder what the breakdown of it is by nationality? Mostly Chinese I guess?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Think there's a fair number of Koreans as well but my guess would be Japanese numbers are fairly small compared to those two.

SBT

Just look at the crowd at a Spurs game and you'll have an answer.

The volume of South Korean fans and flags at games to see Son is testament to it.
Son is a huge celebrity and national hero in South Korea, where the Premier League is already very popular. We really expect something similar for a guy with two Japanese caps playing in the Championship?

Tomh111

Son is a huge celebrity and national hero in South Korea, where the Premier League is already very popular. We really expect something similar for a guy with two Japanese caps playing in the Championship?
No absolutely not.

I meant more that the experience isn't limited to FM generally and that Asian markets can be incredibly lucrative.

Harry Krishner

Chinese or Korean students would definitely not be interested in a Japanese player.

But he would be a great signing. Any Japanese overseas players generate huge interest in Japan as they are all seen as potentials for the national team. If he makes an impact, we could expect Japanese TV crews at the CBS on a regular basis.

Any new Japanese supporters would be fanatical.

No red cards either.

SBT

Chinese or Korean students would definitely not be interested in a Japanese player.

But he would be a great signing. Any Japanese overseas players generate huge interest in Japan as they are all seen as potentials for the national team. If he makes an impact, we could expect Japanese TV crews at the CBS on a regular basis.

Any new Japanese supporters would be fanatical.

No red cards either.
Big expert on Japanese media trends are you then, Harry?

Users who are viewing this thread