Sign him up! (1 Viewer)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Cobi Jones while we are there!

Now we'll have less of that he was class plus he was my old username on 606!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I had him on my Green n Black stripey shirt. Jones 24 :)

I'll always remember ingraved on the West Terrace turnstiles the words "Cobi Jones is fit" I maybe shouldn't have done it but at the time it felt right! ;)

Astute

Viriol Moldovan

The same Moldovan who scored the only goal in the game where we won at Villa Park for the first ever time. We sold him for £4m to Fenerbache not long afterwards.

shmmeee

The same Moldovan who scored the only goal in the game where we won at Villa Park for the first ever time. We sold him for £4m to Fenerbache not long afterwards.

The same Moldovan who was a success everywhere apart from City where players refused to pass to him and the likes of Huckerby kept him out of the side despite him being an international who's scored goals wherever he went. That Villa goal was his first start IIRC. Really was a disgrace how Strachan treated him.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

So today I've learned that you have a habit of picking crap wingers in your username :p

Haha touché i can't argue with that, is it possible to change unser names Nick?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

It is possible then?

I quite fancy something Cobi Jones related again! :)

ccfcway

I remember going to reserve games quite often and had a bet with a mate at the time that TonY Sheridan would be the 1st ccfc player to get to 100 international caps for his country...

:facepalm:

Gray

I remember going to reserve games quite often and had a bet with a mate at the time that TonY Sheridan would be the 1st ccfc player to get to 100 international caps for his country...

:facepalm:

what a shame Willie Boland just pipped him to it
:p

Kuklinski

Sheridan was a good little player, but he got involved with a wrong crowd (drink & drugs) and he never made it.

Gordon Strachan at about 36 put him to shame one game at Elland Road circa 1992. Strachan was like a youth team player out to make an impression, whereas Sheridan was like an over the hill player winding his career down, it was at that moment I knew he wouldn't make it.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

willo flood!!

Bit more recent but we've some shockers over the last few years,

Julian Gray
Darren Currie
James Scowcroft (Granted not a winger)
Chris Birchall
Michael McIndoe

To name a few.......... :facepalm:

TimRussell

Jesus Strachan spent a lot of money on a lot of shit players didn't he. I remember going to a fans' forum in London with Macca not long after he took over, & he expressed his amazement at the poor quality of some of the players Strachan had brought in - he didn't name names but it was in response to a question about the likes of Zuniga & the two Hondurans. "Just not up to it" he said, "not even at Championship level - I could see that the first time I took training".

The money we had (or rather didn't have but spent anyway) during the Strachan years - if we'd had a decent manager we could actually have achieved something.

procdoc

I thought Zuniga was decent. He had a terrific record before coming to us and in the few times he did play for us he looked good! I also liked that Jairo Martinez guy

TimRussell

I thought Zuniga was decent. He had a terrific record before coming to us and in the few times he did play for us he looked good! I also liked that Jairo Martinez guy

Zuniga had a terrific record...in Peru. Looked much to lightweight for English football. Met him after a game once & got his autograph, he was TINY.

The real scandal was how Strachan treated John Aloisi.

procdoc

Zuniga had a terrific record...in Peru. Looked much to lightweight for English football. Met him after a game once & got his autograph, he was TINY.

The real scandal was how Strachan treated John Aloisi.

I agree, he seemed to score whenever he played. He must have took a dislike to him

Users who are viewing this thread