Match Thread Shrewsbury Away (22nd July) (2 Viewers)

slowpoke

I think it’s because it’s essentially a knock about friendly and if we won 6-0 you probably wouldn’t be posting what you are. Even though nothing would be any different in regards to what we still need.
That’s exactly what it was getting some minutes in the legs not too competitive, missed first 20 minutes thanks to the good old M6 so hard to give verdict. But it was a pass to feet exercise, thought in the main it was accurate clear to me Simms needs a regular strike partner.
And in my opinion we need forwards, call them acms or strikers, whatever but in old money they are forwards, players who create, turn defenders, have a bit of pace and can pass. We have some yes, need better though imo.

Manchester_sky_blue

S

Suspect after the Leicester game, if we lose, that half the team will be torn apart on the forum, with the 'where are 3 teams worse than us' stuff emerging (although, tbf, after 7 games last season, I was starting to do the last part of that!)
I'm coming nowhere near SBT if we lose to Leicester, it will be unbearable.

I actually think the game has 0-0 written all over it. Defeated play off finalists Vs the league favourites on first day of the season and a local rivalry to boot. Everyone will be expecting a classic, both sides will be nervous..... dull, cautious no score draw the result.

AOM

Worked hard but didn't get much service. People behind me were moaning about him already.

Heard a few complaints as well, it's our second game and he scored two on his debut...
I can see him getting the Walker treatment from some if he's not seen to run about as much as Gyokeres did

Hertsccfc

And Godden. Natural strikers reaction. Oh, Callum O’Hare does plenty of it too.
Absolutely. I do worry though that fans might take an irrational dislike to him as it is always difficult when replacing a fans favourite. It's happened before. It will be really helpful if he gets off to a good start.

fernandopartridge

Given our record for blaming players for the fee they cost, it doesn't bode well for Simms if he's not golden boot winner

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

Given our record for blaming players for the fee they cost, it doesn't bode well for Simms if he's not golden boot winner

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Someone will have started a thread on here saying he’s shit and a waste of money before the end of August almost certainly.

skyblue025

Absolutely. I do worry though that fans might take an irrational dislike to him as it is always difficult when replacing a fans favourite. It's happened before. It will be really helpful if he gets off to a good start.
He's wearing the 9 shirt so replacing Waggy. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread