Shrewsbury 1963 (1 Viewer)

dynamoholbrooks

I was infected by Jimmy Hill, was already a junior Sky Blue and then in 1963 the Shrewsbury game gave us an 8-1 victory. That's when I became properly diseased. Still no sign of remission.

I want us to bounce back at Shrewsbury's expense and zap the local lads in Coventry who think Man City and Utd and Chelsea are other than foreign devils, give them something to cheer (as well as old gits like me)as we head back to the dizzy heights of D2.

Here's hoping and yes, Otis, one up front (who's been endlessy analysed by every team) ain't working.

8-1 again?

pusb

Otis

We can but hope. Shrewsbury are showing promotion form at the moment.

Shrewsbury 1-2 Southend

Fleetwood 0-0 Shrewsbury

Blackpool 2-3 Shrewsbury

Colchester 0-0 Shrewsbury

Shrewsbury 2-0 Rochdale

Doncaster 0-1 Shrewsbury

Three wins, 2 draws and just one defeat. Now unbeaten in five.

Otis

There again, Blackpool haven't won in 6 games. Chalk and cheese! Do you think Blackpool are looking forwards to the Tony Mowbray Circus coming to town on Saturday?

Must really fancy their chances.

Ball's now in TM's court. Change the system, try and save our season. Leave it as it is, continue the slide.

dynamoholbrooks

It does look like we need blue-sky thinking and plan b.

But is it just the system or is TM weak in the dressing room motivation department? Melton's past record does suggest that he's totally sussed tactically by mid-season and then parrots "Never mind lads, you tried hard".

That more than anything suggests time for a change, preferably someone who's good at Alex Ferguson hairdryer impersonations. Joe Cole and his cunning plan to become assistant manager does not fit that bil for me.

RFC

I was infected by Jimmy Hill, was already a junior Sky Blue and then in 1963 the Shrewsbury game gave us an 8-1 victory. That's when I became properly diseased. Still no sign of remission.

I want us to bounce back at Shrewsbury's expense and zap the local lads in Coventry who think Man City and Utd and Chelsea are other than foreign devils, give them something to cheer (as well as old gits like me)as we head back to the dizzy heights of D2.

Here's hoping and yes, Otis, one up front (who's been endlessy analysed by every team) ain't working.

8-1 again?

pusb

Was there, one of the most memorable Sky Blue games I've ever attended, HAPPY DAZE ⚽️

rob9872

I'd be happy with 1-0 just to get us going again

bringbackrattles

8-1 again?

pusb
I was at that game but I also was at the night match when Leicester smashed us 8-1 !

Wheelfass

8-1 again?

pusb
Top post with true Sky Blue feeling. I remember those days too. Fingers crossed for us turning it around. PUSB.

phildownunder

I was at that game but I also was at the night match when Leicester smashed us 8-1 !

Me too Rattles !

Funny thing but as I recall, Shrewsbury were actually one of the better sides to come to HR that season and did cause us a few problems when they attacked. Trouble for them was they had a young goalkeeper on who had a nightmare game. It was a bit like the recent Bury game in that we scored almost every time we shot at goal.

Users who are viewing this thread