Showing support for Palmer on Friday (1 Viewer)

SBT

Kick It Out is a laudable group that has done some good work, but I think they’re selling themselves short here. Who is attending a football game in 2024 who hasn’t already been educated about this?

shmmeee

Think that let’s Wednesday off the hook TBH. Clearly they’ve not managed messaging or enforcement among their fan base at all. There should be further consequences IMO.

Twitter is full of Wednesday fans basically saying “it’s OK cos he’s a c**t/Marxist”, and clearly it’s a majority opinion listening to their crowd, disgraceful.

TomRad85

Last night was the most uncomfortable I've felt watching a game of English football tbh and actually the response from them was way worse than one moron making monkey gestures. The love in with Wednesday that's existed in the past is dead forever, we need to smash them at home and forget all about them for a couple of seasons at least.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

For comparison. We had some (racists at worst, overly online weirdos at best) try and boo the knee even without any local or recent context and they were drowned out by applause. The one Wednesday fan I’ve seen say they wish they’d done this said they didn’t because they felt intimidated by those around them and they’d be in the minority.

Clearly a widespread issue.

Covcraig@bury

For comparison. We had some (racists at worst, overly online weirdos at best) try and boo the knee even without any local or recent context and they were drowned out by applause. The one Wednesday fan I’ve seen say they wish they’d done this said they didn’t because they felt intimidated by those around them and they’d be in the minority.

Clearly a widespread issue.
There’s no words to explain how utterly appalled I am with SWFC . I really do hope they get severely punished by the EFL , but they won’t .

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Think that let’s Wednesday off the hook TBH. Clearly they’ve not managed messaging or enforcement among their fan base at all. There should be further consequences IMO.

Twitter is full of Wednesday fans basically saying “it’s OK cos he’s a c**t/Marxist”, and clearly it’s a majority opinion listening to their crowd, disgraceful.

completely agree….

Wednesday should be made to publicly explain what they are doing to get to the bottom of this and weed out the scum who are obviously prevalent throughout the club. Making a video is an easy gesture, it gets more difficult a conversation when you actually have to think about what needs doing, and even more so putting that into practice.

It’s also nice to see far more people are now aware they have deep underlying issues, shame but we are where we are, it’s what’s done next that really matters

HadjiChippo

As a club they absolutely should’ve made it imperative their players took the knee with us and explained it to the dullards in the crowd. It doesn’t help the atmosphere when right from the get go it made it us v them in regards to the racism element.

I’d have expected Kaseys fellow professionals to show some solidarity with him without being forced into it anyway.

Happy_Martian

Keep seeing Wednesdayites on Twitter saying it was a minority booing and using multiple excuses for it. Last night, their attendance was 10K, half of what it was last week. Yet the volume of the boos didn't seem to be less. And regardless of the excuse, didn't any of them think that in light of the previous meeting, any boos at all (especially those before the game started) would have been seen and show their club in a bad light ?

Happy_Martian

As a club they absolutely should’ve made it imperative their players took the knee with us and explained it to the dullards in the crowd. It doesn’t help the atmosphere when right from the get go it made it us v them in regards to the racism element.

I’d have expected Kaseys fellow professionals to show some solidarity with him without being forced into it anyway.

Can't speak for what it looked like in person. But from the main stand cameras perspective it looked like the Wednesday players were just stood around the centre circle while we took the knee. It was only on photos after the game did I see they had linked arms.

Otis

Don't know if I've missed it or not, but has anyone been arrested over this?

Seems to have gone quiet and I haven't heard or seen anything in the press.

Users who are viewing this thread