Show us your INK - Tattoo (1 Viewer)

Right then you funky people. I'm getting my first tattoo at the weekend. I've spent years wondering if I should get one or not.

What do you consider before getting a tattoo, what did you get and where, did it hurt or is it just a mild discomfort?

What studio did you get it at?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Had this done about 2 days after Lennon was shot.....
2011-09-1910-35-12022.jpg

This is the names of a few of my kids, but has now faded.......
2011-09-1910-35-39170.jpg

And my favourite............. :)
Tattoo3.jpg

slater91

Mate, I now have 8 tattoos and would love a CCFC one. Sadly I live in Amsterdam so getting local info is not so easy.
Pain depends on where you get it done on your body, and where you get it done (artist). My most painful was on my right shoulder but that was by some bellend in Spain......
I would say make sure it is something you really want,but get ready for it not to be your last one ;)

Houchens Head

Rich, it was "City till I Die" or a skull and crossbones! No contest!

Tattoo4.jpg

Seriously though, they don't hurt much. I found that the edging of the design hurt a bit more than the colouring in, simply because he needs to work more slower and steadier. When I had mine done (by an old mate of mine) they cost about a fiver each!

Mines costing 80 quid. looking forward to it though. Straight up the City for work afterwards. It's my daugters hand (1 week old) holding a pendant that i got for my missus.

Houchens Head

Sounds nice Rich. Where on your body are you having it done?

Marty

Houchens head and Phil Harris the same person?? :thinking about:

phil-harris-240.jpg

Macca

I having that famous Welsh railway station done on my willy.......................................

Rhyl

Rich,

Be very careful where you have your tattoo, on your upper arm relatively out of site (if needs be) ie not on your hands like I did many years ago.

i was in Blackpool with four mates and we all got pissed up one Saturday night and I suggested lets all get a tattoo for the craic and we all formed a disorderly queue (I was first) in front of the tattooist.

I had a fair sized swallow on each hand between thumb and forefinger never felt the pain (eight pints of Tetley bitter etc) and woke up the next day wonderiing what the scabby bloody mess was on my hands !!!

A few years down the line I decided I wanted a job in sales and aftera a few interviews a worrying pattern emerged in that I was being turned down because of the prominent tattoos on my hands which was deeply frowned on in those days with only armed forces personnel and Her Majestie's inmates decorating themselves in that fashion.

There was only one thing to do - have them removed and this was carried out by the NHS by actually cutting them out (no laser in those days) and stitching the gap back together.

It was quite successful and only left small pieces of the blue tail and I then managed to pusue my career with no hassle.

The moral is don't have tattoos on exposed areas as I still think heavy adornment is still frowned on today for some occupations.

Yeah I'm going for the top of my arm so a short sleeve T will cover it. I'm in a fairly good career and wouldn't want to blight any chance of progression with tatts.

Theging1987

Had my first at the top of my arm, st George's cross, loved it but was a bit gutted I cudnt show it off as it was covered all the time, so my next one was on the inside of my arm from the wrist upwards, a cross withvines and another st George's cross!! Love this even more and so glad it's there showing how proud I am to be English. Tats are personal to u and mean different things to different people.

CovfanDan

Ive got my daughters hand print on my arm, with her name under it in fancy writing (where the bcg injection went, but on my right arm).

Thought for ages about what to have and where and am glad Ive had what I had, cost about £50 i think. Oh and she is 4 (was 3 when I had it done) so it aint massive!

The tattooist told us to paint my daughters hand and get loads of prints of that, some of the ones with more paint on didnt look that great, the more detail could be seen when the paint was fading a bit, so she used bits from different prints like

scroobiustom

just a little tribal on my right arm, like you needs to be under a short sleeve however, if you very short on a night out its visible.

word of advice, don't do it pissed! hurts like drawing 2-2 with bury....

Houchens Head

Houchens head and Phil Harris the same person?? :thinking about:

phil-harris-240.jpg

Bloody Hell Marty! I had that taken a few years ago! Where did you dig that one up from? :whistle:

CTID

I cant really do pics of mine at the min mate as im at work but ill try and do some later.

I have: a bulldog on my upper arm, england across the bottom of my back, and england badge on one leg, an england tribal design on the other leg, a dragon on my back/shoulder, gfs name in chinese on forearm and my kids names down my ribs. Most of them are pretty shit, quite old school tattoos compared to some of the amazing art work you can get now. They all look a bit "rubber stamped", not very creative at all. I dont really regret any of them and love my latest one (kids names which i designed myself). My advise would be:

1. It hurts! dont be fooled into the whole "its just a scratching feeling" or "its only the outline that hurts". If youre a wimp like me, the whole thing will hurt from start to finish. not to the point you tell them to stop, but you will be wincing alot!
2. Watch Miami Ink...that will give you a good idea of how far away most artists in Coventry are from the real deal. Ive been to a few and whilst they do what it says on the tin, they are nothing compared to some of the top artists out there.
3. Try to avoid the whole rubber stamp effect. You will end up seeing other peopels tattoos and thinking "mine looks shit". Go for something with more detail, shading, etc.
4. Spend as much as you can afford. Dont try to get a cheap one as it will show in the end results.

Good luck mate, guarentee you dont stop at 1 even if it does hurt like hell :)

I cant really do pics of mine at the min mate as im at work but ill try and do some later.

I have: a bulldog on my upper arm, england across the bottom of my back, and england badge on one leg, an england tribal design on the other leg, a dragon on my back/shoulder, gfs name in chinese on forearm and my kids names down my ribs. Most of them are pretty shit, quite old school tattoos compared to some of the amazing art work you can get now. They all look a bit "rubber stamped", not very creative at all. I dont really regret any of them and love my latest one (kids names which i designed myself). My advise would be:

1. It hurts! dont be fooled into the whole "its just a scratching feeling" or "its only the outline that hurts". If youre a wimp like me, the whole thing will hurt from start to finish. not to the point you tell them to stop, but you will be wincing alot!
2. Watch Miami Ink...that will give you a good idea of how far away most artists in Coventry are from the real deal. Ive been to a few and whilst they do what it says on the tin, they are nothing compared to some of the top artists out there.
3. Try to avoid the whole rubber stamp effect. You will end up seeing other peopels tattoos and thinking "mine looks shit". Go for something with more detail, shading, etc.
4. Spend as much as you can afford. Dont try to get a cheap one as it will show in the end results.

Good luck mate, guarentee you dont stop at 1 even if it does hurt like hell :)

Nice post there CTID. This thread is actually over a year old now and I have long since had mine done.

I gotta disagree with you on some points though.

Mine didn't hurt it was more like an itch. This is because it has NO outline and the guy used a new rotary needle instead of the old school hammer type.
I got it done at Coventry Ink and I'm really happy with the quality.

Mine is number 31 on this link (looks better now my arm's not bright red)

Like you say about not stopping at 1 you're right. I really want a half sleeve around my current 1, but I can't think what I want in it and I don't want to get one for the sake of it.

CTID

Lol didnt notice the thread age. I really like that tat mate! Exactly what i was trying to get at, doesnt look like somebody stamped it onto you. Have to say i had never heard of Coventry Ink, and looking through those pics i think i know where ill be going for my next tat! I need to bring some of my older crappy tats back to life.

and mate, if it didnt hurt you then i salute you! Like i said, im a wimp.

CTID

Looking at some of these pics is making me jealous. All of my tats look shocking compared to some of this work. Wish i had known about this place before!

Mind if i ask how much yours cost mate?

Yeah I love my tatt cause it means alot. The necklace I bought for the Mrs while she was in hospital after having the little one (she was in for a week) and it's the little ones birth stone (A Ruby) and the Baby was only 1 week when I took the photo so it will always mean something.

It was £80. Obviously Aiden did mine and I'm chuffed with it. One thing I noticed looking through his and the other guys work is how much better Aiden's is. He does a circle in a circular shape instead of not round like most "artists".

When/If I ever figure out what else I want I'll definitely be going back to him. It's only a 5 minute walk down the canal from the Ricoh too.

CTID

Yeah I love my tatt cause it means alot. The necklace I bought for the Mrs while she was in hospital after having the little one (she was in for a week) and it's the little ones birth stone (A Ruby) and the Baby was only 1 week when I took the photo so it will always mean something.

It was £80. Obviously Aiden did mine and I'm chuffed with it. One thing I noticed looking through his and the other guys work is how much better Aiden's is. He does a circle in a circular shape instead of not round like most "artists".

When/If I ever figure out what else I want I'll definitely be going back to him. It's only a 5 minute walk down the canal from the Ricoh too.

Yeah his work is much better. Just sent the missus the link and she wants to go to him for hers now. Shes been waiting a year to find somebody she thinks can do the job so i think ill be making a trip to coventry ink this week. Cheers for the heads up

Has somebody really got Spongebob?

hahaha i said axactly the same thing.

CTID

That Spongebob Tatt is done really well though isn't it.

The really worrying one for me is the Batman sleeve. WTF??

thats minor! What about all the weirdos with mummified women, evil clowns, hell raiser, chucky! What kind of people are having these tattoos?? lol

Users who are viewing this thread