Should we name and shame (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Well it just goes to show how passionate football gets Man City and Wigan players having to be kept apart after the sending off and then the managers start............
Pep wanted to pull the Refs head off.

Grendel

Generally football hooligism is a working class problem, not saying there’s no middle classes scrapping at football matches, but generally hooligans firms are working class.

No they are just thugs no doubt from parents who’ve never taught such characters wrong from right. They are no different from upper class boors who treat waitresses with contempt at their societal functions.

It’s not class - it’s lack of parental direction, ignorance and stupidity.

letsallsingtogether

No they are just thugs no doubt from parents who’ve never taught such characters wrong from right. They are no different from upper class boors who treat waitresses with contempt at their societal functions.

It’s not class - it’s lack of parental direction, ignorance and stupidity.
So was Barry Bennell not taught right from wrong by his parents?

Ashdown

Man City kicking off after the Wigan match. ..Mardy Manc tits !! Great result for football that win !!

greys4life

That's the thing when it comes to women and children being there and people still giving it loads. Don't get me wrong when me and my mates are together it's C bombs, F bombs constantly but if we went to somebodies house and their wife / kids were there we would tone it down completely.

It's just general manners, I remember getting on the bus once to go out in town with a lad I know who was a horrible bastard and would probably have no qualms on stamping on somebodies face for being looked at the wrong way but he made sure everybody moved to let an old woman sit down.

If I am at a game with my daughter who is 8 I have no issue when people get frustrated if we miss a shot and give it the odd "for fuck sake" or a "oh shit" if we concede. Some people though go over the top to the point it doesn't make sense the way they are using the words.

The problem is these scum are not just giving a few swear words. If you'd have taken your 8 year old daughter on Saturday she could have walked into the ladies to find 2 'geezer' in one of the cubicles together who then burst out wiping their noses and say they need a piss! There's lack of respect and then some. What these idiots dont understand is that they could have been in some very serious trouble - and quite frankly should have been,.

Tommo72

Piss poor crowd management to be honest, not making excuses for either sets of fans behaviour..

The police/stewards in front of the Man City fans looked like rabbits in headlights, certainly got caught out when surely it was obvious the Wigan fans would be piss taking etc?

Nick

Administrator
The problem is these scum are not just giving a few swear words. If you'd have taken your 8 year old daughter on Saturday she could have walked into the ladies to find 2 'geezer' in one of the cubicles together who then burst out wiping their noses and say they need a piss! There's lack of respect and then some. What these idiots dont understand is that they could have been in some very serious trouble - and quite frankly should have been,.

Oh yeah, there's plenty off their heads.

At mk there were lads coming past every 10 minutes to go to the loo together.

Always a fair few gurning

Nick

Administrator
Piss poor crowd management to be honest, not making excuses for either sets of fans behaviour..

The police/stewards in front of the Man City fans looked like rabbits in headlights, certainly got caught out when surely it was obvious the Wigan fans would be piss taking etc?
In that game they are lucky it didn't kick off the way the Wigan fans could just stroll over to the man city fans like that.

If a few had run on the pitch all hell would have broken loose

Tommo72

In that game they are lucky it didn't kick off the way the Wigan fans could just stroll over to the man city fans like that.

If a few had run on the pitch all hell would have broken loose

I watched a couple of Vids and some Man City fans did get on the pitch and it could have kicked off, fair bit of brinkmanship going on with some individuals.

Again most of the Wigan fans on the pitch were cocky teenagers although I did see a Dad with his son giving it the biggun, shocking tbh.

Nick

Administrator
I'll never get the idea of paying to go to a game and then ignoring it to get hammered or whatever else.

At the Stoke game there were a few lads I saw who were off their tits, they kept trying to bring drinks out then when they got caught again they just went back down and just spent the game down there.

Don't see the point in that, just go to the pub if that's the plan and get nicer beer for less.

ccfcricoh

Its all fun and games until someone throws a beer...that's what really gets me.

6 hour round trip, day out in the FA cup by the seaside, and by 2.30 i'm covered in beer and pissed off (all i wanted was a pie!)

Some of them were soaked in overly priced "beer" in the end, what is the point!?

Gosford Green

At the Stoke game there were a few lads I saw who were off their tits, they kept trying to bring drinks out then when they got caught again they just went back down and just spent the game down there.

Don't see the point in that, just go to the pub if that's the plan and get nicer beer for less.

I think that, I have a couple of Heinken's (x £4.80 ea) to take a bit of the pain away at half time but a full on bender downstairs is a bit of an odd afternoon out.

SkyBlueRuffian

I watched a couple of Vids and some Man City fans did get on the pitch and it could have kicked off, fair bit of brinkmanship going on with some individuals.

Again most of the Wigan fans on the pitch were cocky teenagers although I did see a Dad with his son giving it the biggun, shocking tbh.
The authorities state that it’s a criminal offence to go on the pitch, so why are pitch invasions allowed?

ajsccfc

It's weird isn't it? If you want the day out and to get off your face, use the travel and ticket money on your weapon of choice instead.

ajsccfc

The authorities state that it’s a criminal offence to go on the pitch, so why are pitch invasions allowed?
They're not, but whereas you can fairly easily collar one person getting on the pitch you're not likely to pursue hundreds of them unless they are seen to cause trouble.

Tommo72

They're not, but whereas you can fairly easily collar one person getting on the pitch you're not likely to pursue hundreds of them unless they are seen to cause trouble.

They looked unprepared and under manned, maybe they were outside ready to crowd manage away from the ground...that rings a bell, who was at the FA Cup game at Maine Road when Cov kicked off when Goater scored? That was a fun few hours...

jimmyhillsfanclub

They looked unprepared and under manned, maybe they were outside ready to crowd manage away from the ground...that rings a bell, who was at the FA Cup game at Maine Road when Cov kicked off when Goater scored? That was a fun few hours...

Yep.....that got a bit out of hand both inside & outside the ground......

.....we got locked in for best part of an hour the following season at maine road as a direct result of that.......

.....then me & my evertonian buddy spent about 30 mins getting chased around Moss side by their youth as we couldnt find where we'd parked my old nissan bluebird.....

Ashdown

T'was a tense walk back to the car just the four of us with Mancs gunning to get at us. We saw some of the Cov lads arriving earlier on a couple of coaches that afternoon, they were surrounded by old bill, some of whom had weapons but they still must have got to the match.

Tommo72

T'was a tense walk back to the car just the four of us with Mancs gunning to get at us. We saw some of the Cov lads arriving earlier on a couple of coaches that afternoon, they were surrounded by old bill, some of whom had weapons but they still must have got to the match.

I was staying in Manchester that night so also had to walk back into the centre, Jesus it was tense walking down those streets although the police did a bloody good job of clearing most of them out of the area.

chiefdave

Common sense usually prevails and if its hundreds / thousands coming on to celebrate they usually turn a blind eye. You'd just end up causing more trouble if you tried to stop thousands coming on to celebrate something like promotion .

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Common sense usually prevails and if its hundreds / thousands coming on to celebrate they usually turn a blind eye. You'd just end up causing more trouble if you tried to stop thousands coming on to celebrate something like promotion .

I think they turn a blind eye to celebrations at the end of the game. It's seen as different to individuals running on midway through the game and disrupting the match....or a fan's trust encouraging fans to run on the pitch mid-way through the a game at Sixfields....

letsallsingtogether

Not really you said it is down to parental guidance and ignorance
So did they not teach him right from wrong?
Does that mean that they are partly to blame for what he did?

A friend of mine was arrested at the Portmouth game mentioned after this 10 year old lad was assulted, he now has a criminal record as a football hooligan for doing what most of us would have done.
Ignorance would have been to walk away and let his lad get a kickin.

That was also my sons first game luckily for us we were in the concourse at the back of the West End so never even realised it had happened.

Grendel

Not really you said it is down to parental guidance and ignorance
So did they not teach him right from wrong?
Does that mean that they are partly to blame for what he did?

A friend of mine was arrested at the Portmouth game mentioned after this 10 year old lad was assulted, he now has a criminal record as a football hooligan for doing what most of us would have done.
Ignorance would have been to walk away and let his lad get a kickin.

That was also my sons first game luckily for us we were in the concourse at the back of the West End so never even realised it had happened.

To compare someone who is a predatory abuser of children to a loud mouth yob who has no respect for gender, race or minorities is truly bizarre.

I’m pretty certain said yobs who think gays are “queers” or laugh st transsexuals with the usual rubbish have parents of a similar revolting outlook.

It’s odd how you never condemn this sort of abuse.

Do you agree with me that these fans are vile ignorant scum and have no right to support the club?

Yes or no?

letsallsingtogether

To compare someone who is a predatory abuser of children to a loud mouth yob who has no respect for gender, race or minorities is truly bizarre.

I’m pretty certain said yobs who think gays are “queers” or laugh st transsexuals with the usual rubbish have parents of a similar revolting outlook.

It’s odd how you never condemn this sort of abuse.

Do you agree with me that these fans are vile ignorant scum and have no right to support the club?

Yes or no?
I have condemned them just last week.
Just take the blame the parents thing as shit.
Yes in some cases that may happen but to tarnish them all is shit.
And No I don't like these people but unfortunately booze and trying to look big shames some of them.
One of my best friends is gay but was the worst homophobic person you could want to meet before he came out.
Was worried what we might think if we found out he was gay....
We honestly didn't care was still our mate.
My nephew is also gay knew it all along but didn't stop me loving him any differently, not sure about his choice of boyfriend tho.
Also coming from a foreign family myself don't take to kindly to rascal remarks, could end up giving someone a punch, but that doesn't make me a hooligan or following in my parents footsteps.
My parents brought us up to respect everyone and the law, I have to admit I have strayed in my time so your argument is shit.

I do blame my dad for one thing though and that is supporting CCFC.

JimmyHillsbeard

Worst atmosphere I’ve ever experienced at a city away game. Plenty of fights among the City fans at half-time and then as the injury time goal went in during injury time a large number waded into the Man Citeh fans after clambering over two blocks of seating.

We were kept in for a lengthy time and the walk back through the side streets of Moss Side was not pleasant.

Tommo72

Yep remember it well and the headlines the next day, it made national news..

A good couple of hundred kicked off If I remember

SkyblueBazza

I have condemned them just last week.
Just take the blame the parents thing as shit.
Yes in some cases that may happen but to tarnish them all is shit.
And No I don't like these people but unfortunately booze and trying to look big shames some of them.
One of my best friends is gay but was the worst homophobic person you could want to meet before he came out.
Was worried what we might think if we found out he was gay....
We honestly didn't care was still our mate.
My nephew is also gay knew it all along but didn't stop me loving him any differently, not sure about his choice of boyfriend tho.
Also coming from a foreign family myself don't take to kindly to rascal remarks, could end up giving someone a punch, but that doesn't make me a hooligan or following in my parents footsteps.
My parents brought us up to respect everyone and the law, I have to admit I have strayed in my time so your argument is shit.

I do blame my dad for one thing though and that is supporting CCFC.
I can see lots of words there...but only 1 'yes' & 1 'no'...so we are not especially any the wiser

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hobo

No don't grass
But complain to the police when your local KFC is closed!

CV22SBA

Yep remember it well and the headlines the next day, it made national news..

A good couple of hundred kicked off If I remember
It was all pre arranged to go off before the game but the old bill got word and thats why the coaches were pulled over. The legion had quite a name for themselves around that time.

letsallsingtogether

I can see lots of words there...but only 1 'yes' & 1 'no'...so we are not especially any the wiser

Theres your answer yes no place for them and no don't blame their parents.
Is that better.
As for telling the police that is a waste of time nothing is ever done, Unless it is on Video.
Drop some litter and they will find you everything else comes second.

SkyblueBazza

Theres your answer yes no place for them and no don't blame their parents.
Is that better.
As for telling the police that is a waste of time nothing is ever done, Unless it is on Video.
Drop some litter and they will find you everything else comes second.
Oh dear...now you're giving a "yes no" followed by more words that don't specifically answer the question.

If it helps to focus your thoughts - the question Grendel asked was...

"Do you agree with me that these fans are vile ignorant scum and have no right to support the club?

Yes or no?"

Parents didn't come into the question at all

clint van damme

We do seem to have a thread on this every few weeks or so by the “my shit don’t stink “ crew .

I get more offended by our dire home support not singing than I do at a few drunk lads away from home

Genuine question, which teams we've played this season do you think were more vocal at home than us?
I actually think our home support isn't too bad vocally, it's still not great but I think that can be said for most.

Users who are viewing this thread