Should Tim move the team to the Butts? (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

Unexpected option due to poor attendances at Sixfields.
Plenty big enough and he could charge full price and guarantee 4000 every game.
Temporary stands ?

£23 x 4000 = £92,000 Butts

£13 x 2000 = £26,000 Sixfields

£13 x 6000 = £78,000 Sixfields Full (Hyperthetical)

Other options
- Bedworth Oval 3000
- Higgs 1500 (standing only) - Post Xmas option.
- Memorial Park - 2000+
- Ricoh Arena 32000 - Post SISU Option

Nick

Administrator
Could he just whack the tickets up to full price at the Butts though? Who owns the Butts? Is it the council or the Rugby Club?

westofrayne

I would love to see us back in Cov, but not sharing a ground with a Rugby Club, the team are playing great passing football, but this does need a good flat pitch. Look what happened to us when the pitches were at there worst last season.

Coventry87

Maybe we could get that retractable pitch in that was promised when the Ricoh was designed - one for us and one for the rugby - sorted

ajsccfc

I'd hazard a long shot guess that there are more financial considerations to a venue than 'hypothetical crowd x ticket price = kerching'

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I brought this suggestion up weeks ago - I was shot down in flames!

italiahorse

I brought this suggestion up weeks ago - I was shot down in flames!

Its a bit tongue in cheek I must admit. But realistically if the plan is for 5 years and attendances never look likely to rise it could be an option.

I am already on the ground in pieces but still expecting a few cruise missiles to come in :)

mrbluesky87

I would love to see us back in Cov, but not sharing a ground with a Rugby Club, the team are playing great passing football, but this does need a good flat pitch. Look what happened to us when the pitches were at there worst last season.

Sixfields will have 46 games on it this season (not inc cup matches) how long before the pitch cuts up especially in winter?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Its a bit tongue in cheek I must admit. But realistically if the plan is for 5 years and attendances never look likely to rise it could be an option.

I am already on the ground in pieces but still expecting a few cruise missiles to come in :)

I agree, I think other options closer to Coventry should be seriously considered if we are going to be without a stadium for 5 years

ricohroar

Temporary stands ?

Other options
- Bedworth Oval 3000
- Memorial Park - 2000+

So I'm guessing with the current entertainment on show, Cov move back to Cov and 10-12,000 will wont to watch, so 4000 tickets up to 12,000 people wanting one, can you suggest how that works?

Gray

The only problem is that ground is not up to league standards, and have you seen the state of that pitch

duffer

Think we've been here before - the Butts as it is couldn't handle the crowds, two turnstiles and one stand to start off with.

I don't think the RFC would be overly keen, the FL certainly wouldn't like it, and the pitch isn't great and gets horrid in winter. (Although I reckon it's better now than when it was used as a footy pitch, in my playing days!).

Other than that, I'd love the idea of having a ground back near the centre of town. If TF can build our new one near, say, Ikea he might even win me over. ;)

Now I come to think of it, isn't there a bit of scrap ground near Cov Uni - sort of old limestone ruins, you know where I mean. I think there was something there but it got bombed during the war. Now there's a bit of land that's just crying out for a footy stadium. :)

Gray

A few temporary stands it seems will do the trick

you'd have to completely rip out the pitch and lay some new turf down too, Don't know how long that would take at we are coming into winter and the grass wont grow, suppose it could be an option for next year,

Who had temporary stand recently Blackpool was it?

italiahorse

So I'm guessing with the current entertainment on show, Cov move back to Cov and 10-12,000 will wont to watch, so 4000 tickets up to 12,000 people wanting one, can you suggest how that works?

Increase the price to reduce the demand is the normal business way. £40 a ticket should do it :)

theferret

Temporary stands ?

Other options
- Bedworth Oval 3000
- Memorial Park - 2000+

Plenty big enough how?

I assume you would be happy to be potentially locked out of your football club for 5 years? How is that different to playing in Northampton? Most City fans would miss out. How would we decide who can go? A lottery? First come first serve on season tickets?

Not only that, the FL rejected BPA out of hand when it was suggested to them by TF (no segregation, separate turnstiles etc) - I think he said this at one of the forums. BP is only an option if planning permission could be granted to make the changes required by the FL, and also to construct temporary stands. And how likely is that?

italiahorse

Think we've been here before - the Butts as it is couldn't handle the crowds, two turnstiles and one stand to start off with.

I don't think the RFC would be overly keen, the FL certainly wouldn't like it, and the pitch isn't great and gets horrid in winter. (Although I reckon it's better now than when it was used as a footy pitch, in my playing days!).

Other than that, I'd love the idea of having a ground back near the centre of town. If TF can build our new one near, say, Ikea he might even win me over. ;)

Now I come to think of it, isn't there a bit of scrap ground near Cov Uni - sort of old limestone ruins, you know where I mean. I think there was something there but it got bombed during the war. Now there's a bit of land that's just crying out for a footy stadium. :)

The only game you could play in those ruins is Quidditch.

Moff

Yeah it would be great to move to the Butts, then I might be able to see some of the game free from inside the Ikea building rather than getting wet and cold on the hill.

Perhaps we could name it Rudi Kaiser'scraper :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread