Should Robins Go (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

And tell Joy and Tim to give him the power to offer oHare , Walsh, Godden , and Kelly whatever they want and to make sure City are back at the Ricoh next season !

:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

covmark

I actually think players want to be here now! We don't need to offer stupid money. The lure of good football/coaching at a progressive club should be enough to convince the sort of players we want.
Agreed, although I think the fact Walsh and O'Hare have been immense will mean that their clubs won't be quite so accommodating in letting them go permanently. Fingers crossed though. Absolutely buzzing tonight.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

I think we will end up signing Walsh.

Not sure about O'Hare but if surplus to requirements at Villa I think he will join too

Add another CB, CM and 2x STs and we could have a decent season. Staying up is the priority!

Greggs

Agreed, although I think the fact Walsh and O'Hare have been immense will mean that their clubs won't be quite so accommodating in letting them go permanently. Fingers crossed though. Absolutely buzzing tonight.

We've been improving players for a while now, especially compared to the dark days! Difference is now we can charge Championship-Premiership transfer fees to help our business model. We're less of a stepping stone now. It's a huge day for the club!

Sky Blue Harry H

Several things going for us.
Feel good factor
Hopefully half of The Championship teams will be knackered financially through loss of income (particularly compared to us)
I would think a lot of Championship teams will have a weird end of season, before having to possibly restart again quickly for the 20/21 season - potentially picking up more injuries than usual, whereas we can have a more structured 'normal' build up.
MR is likely to have more planning time than some managers to prepare for new signings.
Finally, Callum O'Hare wants to come and play for us (made this bit up, but fingers crossed!)

covmark

Not sure about O'Hare but if surplus to requirements at Villa I think he will join too

Add another CB, CM and 2x STs and we could have a decent season. Staying up is the priority!
I think the other way round. Walsh is class, Bristol City know it. O'Hare is a bit younger and a bit more raw. Oh, and he's out of contract. Although we'd have to pay a tribunal fee.

Corrado

That twitter video from O'hare make me believe its more then just a loan for him, he clearly loves it here and 90% sure he will sign. How many other loan signings have you seen show the club so much love

covmark

We've been improving players for a while now, especially compared to the dark days! Difference is now we can charge Championship-Premiership transfer fees to help our business model. We're less of a stepping stone now. It's a huge day for the club!
Can't dispute any of that. Cannot wait for next season.

Greggs

Several things going for us.
Feel good factor
Hopefully half of The Championship teams will be knackered financially through loss of income (particularly compared to us)
I would think a lot of Championship teams will have a weird end of season, before having to possibly restart again quickly for the 20/21 season - potentially picking up more injuries than usual, whereas we can have a more structured 'normal' build up.
MR is likely to have more planning time than some managers to prepare for new signings.
Finally, Callum O'Hare wants to come and play for us (made this bit up, but fingers crossed!)
Lots of teams with losing mentalities for us to rip through!!!! Fuck, is this really happening?!!

oscillatewildly

He won't be 'surplus'. Their expected relegation will yield the natural shedding of high earners/under performers and of course Jack Grealish.

Grendel

better days

I've heard O'Hare probably won't sign at Villa even though he's been offered a deal
He will have a number of options so there will competition for his services for next season

covmark

I've heard O'Hare probably won't sign at Villa even though he's been offered a deal
He will have a number of options so there will competition for his services for next season
Thanks Mark.
Sign him up mate

Grendel

What is his expectation on salary?

mark82

I don't think it's ALL about salary for him (otherwise he'd probably sign at Villa). Think he wants to be playing regularly. We probably have a chance but depends what other clubs are willing to offer him.

Grendel

I don't think it's ALL about salary for him (otherwise he'd probably sign at Villa). Think he wants to be playing regularly. We probably have a chance but depends what other clubs are willing to offer him.

I would guess £20 grand a week if it’s normal - villa I assume offered existing terms so there will be I assume a fee as well

better days

Don't know
It will depend on whether he is talking to Championship or Premier League clubs
Lyle Taylor who has declined to play in Charlton's remaining games apparently has 12 clubs interested including Burnley and West Brom who are both likely to be PL teams next year
I suspect O'Hare's agent will be trying to drum up PL offers

mark82

Don't know
It will depend on whether he is talking to Championship or Premier League clubs
Lyle Taylor who has declined to play in Charlton's remaining games apparently has 12 clubs interested including Burnley and West Brom who are both likely to be PL teams next year
I suspect O'Hare's agent will be trying to drum up PL offers

If O'Hare how to the PL it won't be as a starter. He's not in the Lyle Taylor bracket yet.

robbiekeane

That twitter video from O'hare make me believe its more then just a loan for him, he clearly loves it here and 90% sure he will sign. How many other loan signings have you seen show the club so much love
Can you share? Was just on his Twitter couldn’t see it

BackRoomRummermill

Whatever team we assemble they have to come out fighting none of this just promoted let’s survive the league crap , go out be brave win and be a winner , it’s so important

Halftime Orange

We also have a fresh batch of very good youngsters waiting to step up to the plate.
For the first time in many many years I'm feeling optimistic about the future.

Reactions: vow

Specs WT-R75

We have zero revenue so how can we?

We are guaranteed TV and solidarity revenues in excess of this seasons playing budget (~7m) and I am sure we still have some of the McCallum money sitting in the bank.

Sisu have been more than happy to advance monies whenever it is needed via short term loans - we will be able to get whatever reasonable business done that needs doing.

Naturally getting season/video tickets on sale asap should be a priority as well...

Garryb80

We are guaranteed TV and solidarity revenues in excess of this seasons playing budget (~7m) and I am sure we still have some of the McCallum money sitting in the bank.

Sisu have been more than happy to advance monies whenever it is needed via short term loans - we will be able to get whatever reasonable business done that needs doing.

Naturally getting season/video tickets on sale asap should be a priority as well...
Boddy said yesterday tv revenues are not guaranteed until the outcome of the new season is known. Might be a lot less than we expect

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Boddy said yesterday tv revenues are not guaranteed until the outcome of the new season is known. Might be a lot less than we expect

But will be the same for everyone else. And most of those will have players on far more expensive contracts than us.

Users who are viewing this thread