Should Marshall get a contract? (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

I think he should, but Pressley in his post match interview was very guarded about a contract for Marshall. I assume if he had a better budget he would almost certainly be getting a deal. He is very keen, enthusiastic and committed. He has also been effective and got a few assists. I would assume he is not going to be asking for a mega wage?

With Moussa leaving, we need a new left winger!

My caveat is; if we can't afford Marshall next year we are in a really bad way, either that or Pressley has a different left winger lined up who is going to be out of contract in June?

Grendel

I suspect Pressley doesn't rate him.

ollyservetta

from his performances so far its a no brainer, and compared to the drivel we have had on loan, marshall is a country mile better

Chez78

100% yes! he's not even been fit this season due to having no club and joining us late and even with that he's looked good when given the chance. I'm sure with a full pre-season under his belt we would reap the rewards, plus let's be honest beggars can't be choosers and currently we are definitely the drunk at the bottom of the town asking "any spare change".

wingy

No He's too short.;)

Yes of course ,just needs to watch that slight selfish wasteful streak that was evident on Saturday.

Hobo

No He's too short.;)

Yes of course ,just needs to watch that slight selfish wasteful streak that was evident on Saturday.

Short on what? ;-)

johnwillomagic

Hmm not covinced by him myself - maybe i'm missing the reasons for the Marshall love in? It depends a little for me on his salary demands.
Though his effort cannot be faulted think it is just due to the second half dross served up on the whole that people are getting carried away.

For me he flatters to deceive and for the large part his use of a dead ball when I have seen him has been pretty shocking.

However lookin inevitable unfortunately Moussa is on his way so do need to replace him.....Marshall a poor man's Moussa in my eyes but arguably puts more effort in than the Moose. Be interesting to see who actually stays and who goes at end of season. Who knows he may shine with a Pressley pre-season under hie belt...I bloody hope so if we sign him.....every penny counts unfortunately now!!

Hobo

Hmm not covinced by him myself - maybe i'm missing the reasons for the Marshall love in? It depends a little for me on his salary demands.
Though his effort cannot be faulted think it is just due to the second half dross served up on the whole that people are getting carried away.

For me he flatters to deceive and for the large part his use of a dead ball when I have seen him has been pretty shocking.

However lookin inevitable unfortunately Moussa is on his way so do need to replace him.....Marshall a poor man's Moussa in my eyes but arguably puts more effort in than the Moose. Be interesting to see who actually stays and who goes at end of season. Who knows he may shine with a Pressley pre-season under hie belt...I bloody hope so if we sign him.....every penny counts unfortunately now!!

You are not wrong....but we are league 1 with no money, so the only players available to us have been rejected by others. Which means they come with faults.

Perhaps fans need to write to the club with suggestions of talent and available players.

johnwillomagic

There will be hundreds of free transfers about in the next couple of months when players contracts wind down, also chance to review properly who is staying or going. Not sure I would race to sign Marshall given the above but would depend on how much he wanted - if cheap relatively speaking worth taking a punt on probably

skybluetony176

In answer to the OP, definitely yes.

If only for the reason that there is little chance of us signing anyone better with the club's situation being what it is.

wingy

When was the last time we had a dedicated left winger .

Mcsheffrey ,yet he was converted from a central role .

Simpson/Mifsud forced to play out there ,Moussa more midfielder in all honesty,was It dare I say It " Julian Gray" ?:(

Last edited:

RFC

Not totally convinced, has blown 'hot & cold' but can't fault his enthusiasm and effort but think he may have flattered to deceive?

James Smith

Yes if he's a good fit and we can afford him.

Brighton Sky Blue

Considering he's had no competitive football for years and has quickly become a valued player it's a total no-brainer. However we have spent more money and effort on litigation than tying players down to contracts this season so unlikely to happen.

malkitccfc

Yes. Don't think we're going to get in anybody better or anybody at all for that matter. Full pre season and I think he could do a good job for us next year

Kingokings204

No brainer 100% yes. Pre season and a commitment from the club with a decent contract this man could be our level. A poor mans moussa maybe but remember not like we have a big budget to work with is it?

torchomatic

Yep. Showed what a good player he can be. Was great on Saturday.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mark82

No brainer really. Don't trust Pressley in terms of signings though. Not got a good track record.

Users who are viewing this thread