Should I stay I should I go? (1 Viewer)

skyblueusername

I've just finished work and have yet to trawel through the countless pages on the Corona virus and haven't heard Boris's statement either.
Is it safe to go on Saturday?

SeaSeeEffCee

I'd be surprised if it's still on after the Arteta announcement. If the Premier League goes I'd imagine the EFL will follow suit.

skyblueusername

Thanks for your quick replies.
The football authorities reckon it's safe for us all to gather, but what's the wider wisdom of the sbt?

David O'Day

Thanks for your quick replies.
The football authorities reckon it's safe for us all to gather, but what's the wider wisdom of the sbt?
Depends on who you ask. The wise would say out door events are low risk so as long as you follow correct hygiene procedure you should be sound. Others would say bury yourself in a hole as we're all doomed.

oakey

Depends on who you ask. The wise would say out door events are low risk so as long as you follow correct hygiene procedure you should be sound. Others would say bury yourself in a hole as we're all doomed.

I am married to one of the latter.
If we had a drawbridge it would be up and guarded

skyblueusername

But, and this is a big but that I cannot deny, my father has stage 4 lungue cancer and i have to take him for chemotherapy on Wednesday.
Should I stay I should I go?

skyblueusername

Cheers Nick, I'm getting massive pressure from friends to attend, "could be last game" etc.
I'm not the only one out of our group that are caring for parents, two are looking after parents with dementia but dont seem to realise that Corona virus + lungue cancer = certain painful death.

covmark

Cheers Nick, I'm getting massive pressure from friends to attend, "could be last game" etc.
I'm not the only one out of our group that are caring for parents, two are looking after parents with dementia but dont seem to realise that Corona virus + lungue cancer = certain painful death.
Sack it off mate. If the worst happened, and it wasn't because you passed that shit on. You would still blame yourself for going.
All the best to you and your family my friend.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

skyblueusername

Sack it off mate. If the worst happened, and it wasn't because you passed that shit on. You would still blame yourself for going.
All the best to you and your family my friend.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Thanks Mark, I know that I could never forgive myself if I had to pass through the oncology unit after attending a football match.
I'm still trying to encourage other family members to cover me for the next 14 days though.

skyblue1991

There's more to fucking life than watching a League One game!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Otis

Premier League games this weekend may well all be postponed now. Meeting this morning, following Chelsea now also saying they have a player confirmed as having the virus.

xcraigx

If your friends know your situation and are still applying the pressure then they are not your friends. They are twats. Best wishes to you and your family.

shmmeee

Its just a game mate. There’ll be others. I’d watch it at home, ideally with your Dad.

stevefloyd

Very very sorry about your dad with that filthy fucking disease...you would never forgive yourself if he happened to contract the corona virus,

skyblueusername

Thanks for all your advice and kind words, but fuck it, I'm going and bringing my dad with me, it'll be his first match as he hates football, in fact he hates almost everything.
So we will meet you all at the burger van at 14:00.

Users who are viewing this thread